You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Mandalorian

Sugar Ape

20 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It isn't just down to the tweets though (i doubt you know the full story) it's an overall general response to her behaviour and attitude overall. 

I don't think she could be cancelled but if she's been warned by her employers and hasn't taken any notice of it, then she deserves the outcome. 

If she’d tweeted about the genocide in China, been told not to by the studio, carried on, then been fired would that have been different? 

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They quote the effing tweets! You adding a backstory is nice, but they say the tweets are abhorrent.  Which they aren’t. 

Back in December she was scheduled to be announced during the Disney investors day as staring in her own show, The Rangers of the New Republic.

Her behaviour in the lead up to that announcement changed things (which was rumoured at the time), 

Her behaviour since has sped up this desicion. So you might want to desperately hold on to her latest tweets as the reason for her sacking, but it seems they were the straw that broke the camels back - as oppsed to the sole reason.

Like I have explained previously and Skids has mentioned, there's a whole backstory on this one stretching back to last year.

She's had plenty of chances and for some reason seemed hellbent on ruining her gig with Star Wars, plus her own fucking show - which she was still lined up for last year after when she was mocking trans people.

Again, she's a fucking idiot.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Back in December she was scheduled to be announced during the Disney investors day as staring in her own show, The Rangers of the New Republic.

Her behaviour in the lead up to that announcement changed things (which was rumoured at the time), 

Her behaviour since has sped up this desicion. So you might want to desperately hold on to her latest tweets as the reason for her sacking, but it seems they were the straw that broke the camels back - as oppsed to the sole reason.

Like I have explained previously and Skids has mentioned, there's a whole backstory on this one stretching back to last year.

She's had plenty of chances and for some reason seemed hellbent on ruining her gig with Star Wars, plus her own fucking show - which she was still lined up for last year after when she was mocking trans people.

Well thats just pissed me right off 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Loving the 'what if she had.....' defence. 

Stop trying to make this out to be something it's not. 

It’s no defence, I’m wondering if an employee not doing as they are told means it’s always ok to fire them?  Unions would be fucked, but that’s ok I guess, I mean they were told what to do.  

46 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Shall we pop over to the thread about the guardian bloke being fired and flip to how it’s bad he was fired for tweets? 

I didn't want to post back but one quick thing on this : I don't agree with her being fired, same as I don't agree with guardian bloke being fired. I don't think either of them are cancelled though. If either of them have trouble finding work now though and/or huge parts of the public are saying they can't be forgiven then things are different.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I didn't want to post back but one quick thing on this : I don't agree with her being fired, same as I don't agree with guardian bloke being fired. I don't think either of them are cancelled though. If either of them have trouble finding work now though and/or huge parts of the public are saying they can't be forgiven then things are different.

The biggest entertainment conglomerate in the world has just labelled her abhorrent, in a business that’s about as left leaning and ‘woke’ as it’s possible to be.  I’m sure she’ll have a slot on Saturday Night Live very soon.   

40 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Again, she's a fucking idiot.

Incredibly stupid, the trans thing wasn't that bad to be honest, but it clearly touched a nerve for some people and she was lucky she kept her job, but she kept it and got a second chance, all she needed to do was shut up and avoid being controversial in public, its not that difficult. But like you said, she was determined to throw away what could have been a set for life career. She would have made a fortune, became a household name, got other work, then milked the nerd-con circuit for the rest of her days. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The biggest entertainment conglomerate in the world has just labelled her abhorrent, in a business that’s about as left leaning and ‘woke’ as it’s possible to be.  I’m sure she’ll have a slot on Saturday Night Live very soon.   

Yeah I suppose it doesn't look good but hopefully she can find other roles outside of disney, especially when there's several other major film/tv studios around. If they don't give her work because of this I agree that's bad, we can't know that at this point though.

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

Incredibly stupid, the trans thing wasn't that bad to be honest, but it clearly touched a nerve for some people and she was lucky she kept her job, but she kept it and got a second chance, all she needed to do was shut up and avoid being controversial in public, its not that difficult. But like you said, she was determined to throw away what could have been a set for life career. She would have made a fortune, became a household name, got other work, then milked the nerd-con circuit for the rest of her days. 

Agreed. She put her political beliefs before her career - I'd like to know whether Disney just refused to renew a contract or actually fired her. And I find it hard to imagine that the second chance didn't have conditions, probably involving personal and professional conduct. 

Her recent tweets, so more than one, were labelled "abhorrent", not the actor. Is it abhorrent to liken Republicans in today's America to Jews in Nazi Germany? I suppose if I had lost family during the Holocaust I might find the comparison offensive; it's certainly a daft one. But then she believes you are more likely to be assaulted in America for being a Trump supporter than anything to do with race.

31 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It's not really left leaning as it is possible to be, it is increasingly embracing now completely dominant identitarian ideology.

She is probably finished as an actress in big productions now.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Also the Hollywood entertainment industry has a lot of history of Jewish people in it, so making light of the holocaust also not likely to go down too well.

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s no defence, I’m wondering if an employee not doing as they are told means it’s always ok to fire them?  Unions would be fucked, but that’s ok I guess, I mean they were told what to do.  

Well, there are rules in a place of work. And procedures. That she has agreed to with a signature on a contract. And she has broken that contract. 

It's that simple.