You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Mandalorian

Sugar Ape

Looking at some of her tweets after she was apparently told to reign it in and John Favreau went to bat for her so she wouldn't get sacked but kept on doing it anyway, she kind of has made a rod for her own back. She's perfectly entitled to believe what she wants but why feel it so nessecary to air her views on social media knowing full well the consequences. She's lost a good career standing on a soap box for fucking idiots for what thumbs up or hearts or whatever the fuck twitter uses.

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Looking at some of her tweets after she was apparently told to reign it in and John Favreau went to bat for her so she wouldn't get sacked but kept on doing it anyway, she kind of has made a rod for her own back. She's perfectly entitled to believe what she wants but why feel it so nessecary to air her views on social media knowing full well the consequences. She's lost a good career standing on a soap box for fucking idiots for what thumbs up or hearts or whatever the fuck twitter uses.

She didn’t do as she was bloody told. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

She didn’t do as she was bloody told. 

Unfortunately if youre employed by somebody else this is one of the downsides. I dont care either way but if someone went to bat for her and she told took that second chance but went back on her word then I dont have much sympathy for her other than the reaction effecting her future plans.

Words have consequences. It's not censorship, it's consequences. You want to be a COVID denier, spread election fraud nonsense and mock trans/non binary then expect your employer to be unimpressed, and she wasn't even fired for any of those things. Clearly this was the final straw and she carried on regardless. Best of luck to her future endeavours.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Words have consequences. It's not censorship, it's consequences. You want to be a COVID denier, spread election fraud nonsense and mock trans/non binary then expect your employer to be unimpressed, and she wasn't even fired for any of those things. Clearly this was the final straw and she carried on regardless. Best of luck to her future endeavours.

She mocked mask wearing - not good, she thought putting your pronouns in your bio was

bollocks (after being told to do it) so took the piss in the gentlest of ways, and her statement on the election is absolutely benign too. She didn’t think the way they thought she should.  As Stronts pointed out, she had ‘bad thoughts’ whilst her employer was happy to work in an area experiencing genocide and took a black man out of a poster in case it upset people.  

Just now, RedKnight said:

Ironically I don't care about anything she tweeted. I just know employers have standards.

And double standards too so fuck them aswell. I Dont agree with her being sacked or hounded for her opinions insensitively as she put them but if you've been asked not to but carried on anyway youre setting yourself up for a fall.  My terms and conditions in work were changed to include social media and as an employee how my actions may reflect on the company and the consequences involved. 

When Henry Cavill was chosen to play Superman the studio told him and personal trainers employed to train him under no circumstances can they use steroids to improve his physique as the character itself is supposed to be all good clean cut so the actor should be too and they do not want superman associated with cheating and drugs. Its dumb the same studio have kids making merchandise in sweat shops.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I think you mean the truth. I mean all the tweets are there, you can read them.  

It all comes back to jokes, everything is fair game until you joke about the thing that I care about.  

The truth? Ha fuck off lad. 

It's only the 'truth' because you don't agree with her getting sacked after numerous warnings. 

It's hard to see how she's been "cancelled" when she's just lost her job. If she can't get any decent acting work from here on out though and huge segments of the population constantly bring up a few social media posts she made as a reason why she can't be liked then that's fucking stupid.

A load of right wingers are having a field day but at least one of the same well known idiots (Jack Posobiec) was also going on about Brie Larson being chosen for Captain Marvel and then campaigning against the film so it's hard to give a shit about what they're saying.

Just clicked on #CancelDisneyPlus and the first tweet I saw was from Maajid. Am gonna skip checking that much further I think.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

The truth? Ha fuck off lad. 

It's only the 'truth' because you don't agree with her getting sacked after numerous warnings. 

Which bits aren't true then?  Taking the piss out of pronouns is now verboten? She was wrong about masks, her tweet on election reform was bad?  Which bits (if you’ve read it, which I doubt). 

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's hard to see how she's been "cancelled" when she's just lost her job. If she can't get any decent acting work from here on out though and huge segments of the population constantly bring up a few social media posts she made as a reason why she can't be liked then that's fucking stupid.

A load of right wingers are having a field day but at least one of the same well known idiots (Jack Posobiec) was also going on about Brie Larson being chosen for Captain Marvel and then campaigning against the film so it's hard to give a shit about what they're saying.

Just clicked on #CancelDisneyPlus and the first tweet I saw was from Maajid. Am gonna skip checking that much further I think.

Similarly the likes of Ben Shapiro kicking off about "cancellation", despite previously encouraging the abuse of Daisy Ridley and Kelly Marie Tran (and Kennedy).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Which bits aren't true then?  Taking the piss out of pronouns is now verboten? She was wrong about masks, her tweet on election reform was bad?  Which bits (if you’ve read it, which I doubt). 

It isn't just down to the tweets though (i doubt you know the full story) it's an overall general response to her behaviour and attitude overall. 

I don't think she could be cancelled but if she's been warned by her employers and hasn't taken any notice of it, then she deserves the outcome. 

12 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It isn't just down to the tweets though (i doubt you know the full story) it's an overall general response to her behaviour and attitude overall. 

I don't think she could be cancelled but if she's been warned by her employers and hasn't taken any notice of it, then she deserves the outcome. 

They quote the effing tweets! You adding a backstory is nice, but they say the tweets are abhorrent.  Which they aren’t.