You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Mandalorian

Sugar Ape

15 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Nah this isn’t a cancel culture outcome. Read up on it more.

She’s been provoking the hand that feeds her for a while, she’s been appearing on a number of shows from some of the ‘Fandom Menace’ saddos that have been known to harass LGBT/elements of minority fans for a number of months. Not to mention constantly attacks her employer Lucasfilm. 

Her being sacked has been coming really, shame she couldn’t see her employer may want to distance themselves from her as a result.

She’s got what was coming to her and it was all rather avoidable, from her part.

Shes obviously a bit of a fucking idiot

And a really fucking shite actress.

58 minutes ago, Special K said:

Online shouts for Lucy Lawless to take over her character. I wouldn't mind that to be honest.

As long she bring's along her mate Gabrielle, that sounds like a perfect swap.   

34 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/feb/11/gina-carano-fired-from-the-mandalorian-after-abhorrent-social-media-posts

She might be stupid, she might be wrong. But she’s not getting the part again because of her views, which aren’t that mental. 

If she’d said Trump was a Nazi she’d have been ok. 

Again, that’s not just the reason.

To use an example. You're employed by someone, you get pally and endorse people who attack your company and harass the people you work for, who pay your checks.

You appear on their podcasts/YouTube shows...etc that make fun and harass the  customers of your company, then spend your time on social media, at times, acting the tit.

You get called out on it a number of times, you ignore it and carry on your behaviour.

In the real world too right you’d be receiving your marching orders and your P45 eventually. 

She’s an absolute fucking idiot. 

10 minutes ago, Juniper said:

To use an example. You're employed by someone, you get pally and endorse people who attack your company and harass the people you work for, who pay your checks.

You appear on their podcasts/YouTube shows...etc that make fun and harass the  customers of your company, then spend your time on social media, at times, acting the tit.

You get called out on it a number of times, you ignore it and carry on your behaviour.

In the real world too right you’d be receiving your marching orders and your P45 eventually. 

In one.

When I joined the company I work with, I had a call from HR on my first day telling me to get their name off my Facebook and also change my twitter name with immediate effect to something that couldn’t identify me. I’d never even told them I had a twitter account and didn’t think I could be identified anyway.

Id never dream of posting or sharing anything offensive on them anyway but these were just not prepared to take any risk of being linked to anything that might even be considered harmful to their name.

If I’d have ignored them then I’d have been out of work by the end of my first week. 

She knew what she was doing as she’d been pulling the tigers tail for a while. Her right to using her freedom of speech fucked her in the end.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Your periodic reminder that Disney removed black actors from Star Wars posters for the Chinese market, and filmed Mulan in Xianjing province, where authorities are engaged in genocide against the Uyghur minority.

Most of it was filmed in New Zealand but yeah fuck China. I always thought that film was animated, never seen it, definitely have no desire to now. 

My heart skipped a beat there though if we are cancelling stuff thats filmed where genocide is being committed. Thankfully Life of Brian was filmed in Tunisia though. Phew. 

49 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/feb/11/gina-carano-fired-from-the-mandalorian-after-abhorrent-social-media-posts

She might be stupid, she might be wrong. But she’s not getting the part again because of her views, which aren’t that mental. 

If she’d said Trump was a Nazi she’d have been ok. 

Her view was that the treatment of Republicans in current day America is akin to the early stages of Nazi oppression against Jews and she inferred that it was the first step towards them being rounded up for death camps. That’s pretty mental.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Most of it was filmed in New Zealand but yeah fuck China. I always thought that film was animated, never seen it, definitely have no desire to now. 

My heart skipped a beat there though if we are cancelling stuff thats filmed where genocide is being committed. Thankfully Life of Brian was filmed in Tunisia though. Phew. 

The USA was built on two genocides but I can’t see Hollywood getting cancelled

27 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Her view was that the treatment of Republicans in current day America is akin to the early stages of Nazi oppression against Jews and she inferred that it was the first step towards them being rounded up for death camps. That’s pretty mental.

Is it any more mental that everyone who voted for trump is a Nazi?  That’s 72m Nazis, more than there could have been in the war. Imagine if the star of the Mandalorian posted something like that.  Pretty mental. But sanction free. 

54 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Disney quote her posts as ‘abhorrent and unacceptable’. What else do they need to say?  

She took the piss on the pronouns. That was wrongthink and now she’s gone.  

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Is it any more mental that everyone who voted for trump is a Nazi?  That’s 72m Nazis, more than there could have been in the war. Imagine if the star of the Mandalorian posted something like that.  Pretty mental. But sanction free. 

Not really the point though. ‘He got away with it so I should too’ is not a defence that going to fly

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Disney quote her posts as ‘abhorrent and unacceptable’. What else do they need to say?  

This has been going on for about a year and I’ve kind of already explained the backstory to this whole thing in detail, twice.

But it is not her views is it? It is the perceived damage from the cancel social media campaign for Disney.

There is nothing particularly "abhorrent" about comparing the treatment of your political allies, when you are on the defensive, to the treatment of Jews in the Holocaust,  a lot of people do it all the time.

And making fun of the pronounce stating people, come on.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Disney took no action on the pronouns, they didn’t see it as warranting firing her. It was when she compared herself to holocaust victims that they decided she had to go

5 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Not really the point though. ‘He got away with it so I should too’ is not a defence that going to fly

Thats not the point at all. If invoking the Nazis is abhorrent then it doesn’t matter if it’s the left or right.  For what it’s worth you are losing the argument if you are invoking Nazis.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Thats not the point at all. If invoking the Nazis is abhorrent then it doesn’t matter if it’s the left or right.  For what it’s worth you are losing the argument if you are invoking Nazis.  

I don’t think it was mentioning Nazis that was the problem. It was comparing herself to holocaust victims

• Upvote 1