Quantcast
Sterling / Gomez - 'clash' - Page 7 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Jennings

Sterling / Gomez - 'clash'

The shite I've read on twitter since this is unreal. Thousands of anti-LFC twitter virgins going out of their way to defend 'Raz'. And absolutely slaughter Joe Gomez even though he did nothing wrong.

12 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Trevor Sinclair thinks the whole saga is our fault because our fans sang bad things about Sterling. 

Fuck off, Trevor. 

EJLz3FnWsAErPCG.jpeg

Sinclair is moving into Danny Mills gobshite territory ...This is what he said earlier in the week about VAR.....

"This is my fear, that if this continues managers like Pep and the best players are going to start leaving the Premier League".

“If it continues to be this inconsistent, people are going to start leaving the Premier League and go to different leagues.

“I think Pep is right on the cusp" 

The Premier League is so good because we get the very best managers who attract the very best players.

“If you want to go to a top club, you look at who the manager is there. That’s how City have got the players they have got – because of Pep.

“Now, if managers start

leaving the Premier League because there’s no consistency and it’s a flawed system, I think they’re in danger of ruining what they’ve produced over the last 25 years in the Premier League.”

Obviously Pep, Sterling and all those other City players arrived due to their fabulous history and the hope of competing  in division one and championship play-off finals 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Grinch said:

The real reason behind his tattoo makes perfect sense tbf. 

People get weird tattoos with deeper meaning to them all the time.   His body, his choice and it's a bit of a shame he had to explain that one to anyone. 

Call me crazy but if my dad got shot then the last thing I would want on my body is a huge tattoo of a gun 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Call me crazy but if my dad got shot then the last thing I would want on my body is a huge tattoo of a gun 

Its a bit like Christians having a cross.....oh wait......

• Upvote 4

The thing is I’m sure if Sterling didn’t get so rattled by the boos at Anfield they would have calmed down a bit by now. He’s one of their best players, anything that unsettles him the crowd are going to do.

• Upvote 2

I somehow managed to overestimate the hacks. Mea culpa etc. It seems the narrative is going to be that his reaction was understandable. If he had gone at Gomez in the tunnel, fair enough, testosterone pumping and all that. But he waited over a day and hundreds of miles of travelling to react. You're not doing anyone a favour by telling them that's understandable. But hey, the Street of Shame will always propagate the line that inflicts the maximum amount of human misery.

14 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

can we send Van Dijk round to the Etihad to give Sterling and any other City meff a slap across the face?

Lets be honest, no one is stepping up to that big bastard.

Poor Richarlison tried it once. Don't think he's been the same player since!

virgil-van-dijk-of-liverpool-and-richarl

22 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The next meeting is going to be spicy

Thousands of corporate match goers throwing prawn cocktails at Gomez pictures in their boxes . 

We're the two best teams in Europe, not just the league.   So I wouldn't be utterly surprised if Sterling has another trip to Anfield this season, under the lights.

He'll absolutely combust under that sort of pressure.    Nowhere near world class, lacks too much compusore for me Clive. 

• Upvote 3

Irrespective of all the talk about spin, England (and of course other countries) has a big issue with hateful abuse at football matches. We all accept it as "part of the game" and we don't want to "ruin the atmosphere and the passion", but you can't dismiss the effect it has on people, even if they earn bucket loads of cash to compensate for it.

Of course we would see it as unfair that this game was used as an occasion to spark a wider debate on the subject. But I can't see how it would be so bad if people going to football matches considered if they would let their kids hear what they were shouting at opposition players. And I have no doubt that some of the worst idiots learned to behave that way from their parents.

That's all from the peace-loving, tree-hugging Norgie.

P.S. Football fans really need to get over this notion of players having to remain at a club until they retire or the club decides you're not worth having around anymore. People switch jobs for different reasons, including more money, all the time, why should football be different? And Raheem wasn't even a badge-kisser. World class footballers can og wherever they please. Its the job of the people running Liverpool Football Club to make it a sufficiently attractive proposition to stay, and they've finally nailed it.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Grinch said:

We're the two best teams in Europe, not just the league.   So I wouldn't be utterly surprised if Sterling has another trip to Anfield this season, under the lights.

He'll absolutely combust under that sort of pressure.    Nowhere near world class, lacks too much compusore for me Clive. 

City are in the top two in England for sure, not sure their CL record backs up the Europe shout though.

• Upvote 2

The game has definitely turned Toxic as far as a lot of fans go. You only have to listen to the guff they sing or the shit they type on social media. Certain players are also a part of that, both ex and present. 

Hope I'm wrong, but when the nation as a whole is suffering then it is reflected on the terraces, I can see a return to hooliganism before long. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, 05 Milan said:

Irrespective of all the talk about spin, England (and of course other countries) has a big issue with hateful abuse at football matches. We all accept it as "part of the game" and we don't want to "ruin the atmosphere and the passion", but you can't dismiss the effect it has on people, even if they earn bucket loads of cash to compensate for it.

Of course we would see it as unfair that this game was used as an occasion to spark a wider debate on the subject. But I can't see how it would be so bad if people going to football matches considered if they would let their kids hear what they were shouting at opposition players. And I have no doubt that some of the worst idiots learned to behave that way from their parents.

P.S. Football fans really need to get over this notion of players having to remain at a club until they retire or the club decides you're not worth having around anymore. People switch jobs for different reasons, including more money, all the time, why should football be different? And Raheem wasn't even a badge-kisser. World class footballers can og wherever they please. Its the job of the people running Liverpool Football Club to make it a sufficiently attractive proposition to stay, and they've finally nailed it.

With the greatest of respect Raheem can go fuck himself. He is no bastion of virtue. 

23 minutes ago, 05 Milan said:

Well I put it to you, that you sucked off a horse. 

The reason Sterling gets booed at Anfield is because the fans see it gets to him and affects his game or behaviour.

Compare that to VVD getting booed at Southampton. He clearly doesn’t give a fuck and by the second half they forget to do it because it’s rendered pointless.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

The game has definitely turned Toxic as far as a lot of fans go. You only have to listen to the guff they sing or the shit they type on social media. Certain players are also a part of that, both ex and present. 

Hope I'm wrong, but when the nation as a whole is suffering then it is reflected on the terraces, I can see a return to hooliganism before long. 

Social media has been a new element over the past 10 or so years but I must admit I don't remember any non-toxic  times. All the worst chants seem to be pretty old.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Social media has been a new element over the past 10 or so years but I must admit I don't remember any non-toxic  times. All the worst chants seem to be pretty old.

It's the fact it seems to be none stop these days. Chants against your opponents have always been about, they just seem to dominate certain games involving certain teams. IMO it is quite clear that the game in general is far more toxic these days. 

28 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

With the greatest of respect Raheem can go fuck himself. He is no bastion of virtue. 

"P.S. Football fans really need to get over this notion of players having to remain at a club until they retire or the club decides you're not worth having around anymore. People switch jobs for different reasons, including more money, all the time, why should football be different? And Raheem wasn't even a badge-kisser. World class footballers can og wherever they please. Its the job of the people running Liverpool Football Club to make it a sufficiently attractive proposition to stay, and they've finally nailed it."

It was Sterling and his agent going cry arsing to the BBC that pissed people off, not the fact that he wanted to leave.