Quantcast
Sterling / Gomez - 'clash' - Page 5 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Jennings

Sterling / Gomez - 'clash'

I'm not happy about the 'background' or 'council estate' remarks. It's irrelevant to call someone a cunt based up that.

Unless it's Alan Sugar of course, you can fire away.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Sterling's a bad guy. Tensions run high between him and Liverpool. We boo him all game and our players are always very physical with him, sometimes on the borderline of dirty. It's not surprising that he's wanting to fight back, although obviously he shouldn't be assaulting Gomez. It just shows we have real estate in his head. 

10 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The comments about his background, growing up on a council estate, campaigning against racism were all brought up before anyone knew about a scratch on Gomez’s face. 

Plenty have praised him on his stance against racism. I think it's fair to question his overall attitude towards it being as he was so quiet in regards to his team mate. I also think the comments about his background and growing up on a council estate are due to how he acts on the football pitch, trying to be a billy big bollocks when there is no need. I don't see what is so unpleasant about that. Or are ex players exempt from the grilling that goes on on these forums from all walks of life because people perceive them as cunts? Personally I couldn't give a shit about his background before he made it. Fair play for using his status to call out racists as well, but I also get the feeling that he plays on that as in regards to the less savoury stuff he gets himself involved with. 

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think Sterling's a bad guy. Tensions run high between him and Liverpool. We boo him all game and our players are always very physical with him, sometimes on the borderline of dirty. It's not surprising that he's wanting to fight back, although obviously he shouldn't be assaulting Gomez. It just shows we have real estate in his head. 

I think he's a tit quite frankly. Just my opinion though.

You can throw in his comments about never hearing racism until he got to Liverpool, and he can fuck off.

• Upvote 1

He's thick as pig shit,  the racism stuff was nothing more than great work by his agent.   Plenty fell for it though,  hook line and sinker. 

Mario Ballotelli has spoke out more about racism than this wee rat and I don't see him being held up as some great spokesperson. 

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You can throw in his comments about never hearing racism until he got to Liverpool, and he can fuck off.

What? Never mind, just googled.

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I will say I think what he said about the Bernardo Silva incident is hugely hypocritical and like you point out, what he said about Liverpool in that respect was ridiculous.

He's been a lot more effective campaigning against the media than against racism. That's the one area for me where he's been out of line because he's picked and chosen what he's believed to be racist in a self-serving way. 

But besides that, I don't mind him. 

12 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I also think the comments about his background and growing up on a council estate are due to how he acts on the football pitch, trying to be a billy big bollocks when there is no need. I don't see what is so unpleasant about that.

Or are ex players exempt from the grilling that goes on on these forums from all walks of life because people perceive them as cunts? Personally I couldn't give a shit about his background before he made it. 

Because you can’t have gobby little cunts from a well off family? 

I don’t for one second think he’s an angel and I’ll happily boo him. 

I just don’t like the tone of some of the criticism of him. 

• Upvote 1

Remember when he picked Harry Kane over VVD for players player of the year then pretended he forgot when he was asked about it? Worry guy. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Remember when he picked Harry Kane over VVD for players player of the year then pretended he forgot when he was asked about it? Worry guy. 

No I don’t remember it as I didn’t even know about it to start with. 

20 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Because you can’t have gobby little cunts from a well off family? 

I don’t for one second think he’s an angel and I’ll happily boo him. 

I just don’t like the tone of some of the criticism of him. 

Obviously you get cunts from all walks of life, I really don't know if those who brought up his upbringing have a deep hatred of people who went through the same circumstances, you'd have to ask them. I don't find the criticism unpleasant myself, and I was brought up on a council estate my entire childhood. It's the Internet mate, and plenty of us use the wrong wording when trying to put a point across. 

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Wasn't a dig at you mate. Just continuing the theme that he is a bad cunt. 

30 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Must have lived in a bubble. Lying twat.

On a side note, any comments from myself about him being a cunt are purely from a football prospective and how he acts on the pitch, comments made in relation to the sport, Liverpool and indeed this altercation with Gomez. I don't know the lad away from the pitch and can only go by what others who know him and what they have said about him, apparently he's a decent bloke, but mates normally say those kind of things. His comments about never facing racism until he moved to Liverpool are a bit hard to swallow mind. Was that in an attempt to gain favour with City fans? It was a stupid thing to say though, and about as believable as the bearded man in the sky controlling everything. 

29 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I will say I think what he said about the Bernardo Silva incident is hugely hypocritical and like you point out, what he said about Liverpool in that respect was ridiculous.

He's been a lot more effective campaigning against the media than against racism. That's the one area for me where he's been out of line because he's picked and chosen what he's believed to be racist in a self-serving way. 

But besides that, I don't mind him. 

That was a brilliant move, almost certainly well advised. From a villain to a saint overnight.

55 minutes ago, Anubis said:

That comment is beyond parody. He's from London and he never experienced racism until he came to Merseyside? What utter bullshit. That's some bubble he was living in down there.

12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That comment is beyond parody. He's from London and he never experienced racism until he came to Merseyside? What utter bullshit. That's some bubble he was living in down there.

Surely not the halo wearing hero lying? Cannot be true, oh the thought!

48 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

But you do now. And as you lie in darkness each night it will crawl into your dreams, scratching and clawing at your consciousness, eating away at your rest.

At least until you start thinking about what you’re going to cook for breakfast.