Quantcast
Sterling / Gomez - 'clash' - Page 11 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Jennings

Sterling / Gomez - 'clash'

16 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Exactly, the City fans and a few pundits defending Sterling are fucking idiots. 

I don't know whether they are idiots so much as agenda driven . Sterling has been built up as some torchbearer for the kick it out campaign and the future captain of England . This incident doesn't sit well with that narrative.

Sadly in today's world it's becoming normal to double down on opinions and look for "alternative facts" rather than admit you might have been wrong. 

13 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Sorry. Is this how you do it?

by the way that Danny Rose interview  was beyond belief at how stupid he sounded. Cba finding it

I'll be interested to see what ITV and their pundits have to say later. You just know that it will dominate the match build up and the camera will pan to Gomez and Sterling on the bench. Plus how the crowd react to Gomez should he start or come on as a sub. 

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I just heard they booed Gomez. I actually am shocked. Unbelievable.

Are you really surprised by England fans? Thick cunts, practically to a man.*

*I am English, by the way....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Baltar said:

Are you really surprised by England fans? Thick cunts, practically to a man.*

I am English, by the way....

Ditto. 

It doesn't seem to be anything new with the London/England fans. 

I was racing an article earlier and Graeme le saux was going on about how the Wembley fans would boo utd players because they had probably scored against their club team the week before. 

It's pathetic really isn't it. Grown ups acting like idiotic children

It's fucking weird.  Through all of this, the actual story of the scrap was mainly funny.  Seems it was settled pretty quickly and Gomez clearly has the grace to not hold a grudge over it.

But the nonsense from other fans, blaming it on LFC fans, endless whataboutery and now this has been far more annoying. Bizarre lack of perspective.

Fair play for him making a straight-forward statement, although have to wonder how many of the "LFC booed poor Raheem" stories started with his reps (is he still with that dickhead Ward? Smacks of the twisted logic he tried back then as well).

I reckon our whole team will be getting booed at away grounds for the next couple of months, until they realise it makes no difference and we twat them regardless. At which point they’ll get bored.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

I reckon our whole team will be getting booed at away grounds for the next couple of months, until they realise it makes no difference and we twat them regardless. At which point they’ll get bored.

Twat them all the harder.

44 minutes ago, an tha said:

So the little raptor twat has again accepted what happened was all his fault...i wonder if finally the fucking media and fans of other clubs will stop trying to pretend it wasn't

https://mobile.twitter.com/sterling7/status/1195102774909964289?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Why would you call him names after that - was classy that. Fair play to him.

Never felt English in my life but any time I begin to think of cheering for them, the media, the fans and a lot of the players make it near impossible. Southgate is a nice man though.

In fairness to Sterling, he has clearly accepted that he has been a complete twat. He has the media and a significant proportion (solid majority) of the England fans backing him, so he didn't need to spin it for pr. I don't like the fella, but credit where it's due.

• Upvote 1

Fuck Raheem Sterling, there's no way I'm applauding him. The apology and ownership he had in that statement is what he should have had in his initial response. 

You fucking rat cunt. If you actually took full ownership for this and apologized sincerely the day after it happened, it wouldn't have allowed for this alternative 'Sterling is a victim' narrative to be peddled all week.

The guy assaulted one of our players completely unprovoked. He deserves a roundhouse kick to the head. Wanker.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Never felt English in my life but any time I begin to think of cheering for them, the media, the fans and a lot of the players make it near impossible. Southgate is a nice man though.

In fairness to Sterling, he has clearly accepted that he has been a complete twat. He has the media and a significant proportion (solid majority) of the England fans backing him, so he didn't need to spin it for pr. I don't like the fella, but credit where it's due.

I did for a spell. In my younger days I wanted Scotland to win, then ROI what with Aldo, Houghton, Whelan etc (I cheered Houghtons goal in 88 Euros!).

Got a job with a few England followers and started going games when Wembley was shut. 
But I’ve slowly drifted away again. Get my Oz citizenship soon so will be following the Socceroos after that! (I have no real interest in internationals)

Anyway, fuck the Wembley inbred Danny Dyer wannabes and up the fucking piss boiling reds.

• Upvote 1

Sterling coming out this smelling of roses. His "classy" tweet after the game by his PR team ensures the fact he lost his rag and attacked a player at breakfast will be forgotten and Gomez is the villain for some reason. 

Nothing England fans do shocks me but I managed to irk out a raised eyebrow 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Trevor Sinclair is a bellend. Have I mentioned that before? If not...

He is a massive bellend. Like someone else said he's been living off that overhead kick for over 25 years.