You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sterling / Gomez - 'clash'

Jennings

Guest Pistonbroke
13 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Sorry. Is this how you do it?

by the way that Danny Rose interview  was beyond belief at how stupid he sounded. Cba finding it

I'll be interested to see what ITV and their pundits have to say later. You just know that it will dominate the match build up and the camera will pan to Gomez and Sterling on the bench. Plus how the crowd react to Gomez should he start or come on as a sub. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Baltar said:

Are you really surprised by England fans? Thick cunts, practically to a man.*

I am English, by the way....

Ditto. 

It doesn't seem to be anything new with the London/England fans. 

I was racing an article earlier and Graeme le saux was going on about how the Wembley fans would boo utd players because they had probably scored against their club team the week before. 

It's pathetic really isn't it. Grown ups acting like idiotic children

It's fucking weird.  Through all of this, the actual story of the scrap was mainly funny.  Seems it was settled pretty quickly and Gomez clearly has the grace to not hold a grudge over it.

But the nonsense from other fans, blaming it on LFC fans, endless whataboutery and now this has been far more annoying. Bizarre lack of perspective.

Fair play for him making a straight-forward statement, although have to wonder how many of the "LFC booed poor Raheem" stories started with his reps (is he still with that dickhead Ward? Smacks of the twisted logic he tried back then as well).

44 minutes ago, an tha said:

So the little raptor twat has again accepted what happened was all his fault...i wonder if finally the fucking media and fans of other clubs will stop trying to pretend it wasn't

https://mobile.twitter.com/sterling7/status/1195102774909964289?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Why would you call him names after that - was classy that. Fair play to him.

Never felt English in my life but any time I begin to think of cheering for them, the media, the fans and a lot of the players make it near impossible. Southgate is a nice man though.

In fairness to Sterling, he has clearly accepted that he has been a complete twat. He has the media and a significant proportion (solid majority) of the England fans backing him, so he didn't need to spin it for pr. I don't like the fella, but credit where it's due.

• Upvote 1

Fuck Raheem Sterling, there's no way I'm applauding him. The apology and ownership he had in that statement is what he should have had in his initial response. 

You fucking rat cunt. If you actually took full ownership for this and apologized sincerely the day after it happened, it wouldn't have allowed for this alternative 'Sterling is a victim' narrative to be peddled all week.

The guy assaulted one of our players completely unprovoked. He deserves a roundhouse kick to the head. Wanker.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Never felt English in my life but any time I begin to think of cheering for them, the media, the fans and a lot of the players make it near impossible. Southgate is a nice man though.

In fairness to Sterling, he has clearly accepted that he has been a complete twat. He has the media and a significant proportion (solid majority) of the England fans backing him, so he didn't need to spin it for pr. I don't like the fella, but credit where it's due.

I did for a spell. In my younger days I wanted Scotland to win, then ROI what with Aldo, Houghton, Whelan etc (I cheered Houghtons goal in 88 Euros!).

Got a job with a few England followers and started going games when Wembley was shut. 
But I’ve slowly drifted away again. Get my Oz citizenship soon so will be following the Socceroos after that! (I have no real interest in internationals)

Anyway, fuck the Wembley inbred Danny Dyer wannabes and up the fucking piss boiling reds.

• Upvote 1

I was in the car after the game had finished and they were talking about the booing and whoever was on the show turned round and said that southgate playing Gomez condoned what Gomez might have done. It was one of the presenters and the cunt was acting like Gomez had instigated the entire thing. 

Fuck England and their Tory southern fans. Hope they get smashed in the Euros. 

• Upvote 2