You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sterling / Gomez - 'clash'

Jennings

We should all be made to sit in silence for the duration of any home games where the opposition has a player that feels the abuse is upsetting them. 

It's a fucking fortress for a reason, that wall of noise rattles the best of them. That deafening support carries our own players along with it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 05 Milan said:

Where has he claimed that? And what has he done to piss you off so much, BTW?

And I'm not specifically talking about Sterling here, it's the wider issue. We had Evertonians singing "the baby's not yours". I saw a video recently of someone mocking a Celtic player for his sister dying. Have you ever stopped to consider what type of society you live in where stuff like this gets shrugged off after a couple of minutes of click-baiting outrage? I know it's rich for me to sit up in happy, cozy Norway and preach about this, but I've always found it quite shocking to see the level of hatred that British people can generate about their neighbours.

You are right. It has always been a divisive society and even more so when the right wing controls the agenda. Its so obvious that the Nazis were going to use both the wealth gap and the division within the country itself to spearhead their invasion of Great Britain. Some sociologists have concluded that our island nation is only happy when at war,both literally and metaphorically.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 05 Milan said:

No it's not, people would've found an excuse to hate him nonetheless, especially since it was City. I worshipped Xabi Alonso like a god, but his exit was much less dramatic because Rafa wanted him out. so he didn't need to kick up a fuss to get the move he wanted. Sterling obviously felt he needed to. I'm not defending that. I'm just pointing out that you can't be surprised that players react when they've been completely dehumanized by the watching public, up to a point where it's deemd alright to shout absolutely anything you want at him.

I'll disagree on why he gets the stick. Im not defending it, I'd rather just ignore him, and I do. But bitching to the media was only going to end one way.

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I tell you one thing, if it was the other way round all of Twitter and football forums across the country would be demanding that the police get involved for that. 

110%. Points docked, games behind closed doors, European Ban the lot. 

I don't really understand what the crowd have meant to have done to wrong. Shit surrounding race, religion and wishing ill on people's family members is out of order and I don't think anyone would condone that.

On the other hand booing a player and calling a player a greedy bastard, is part of the game surely it makes the atmosphere unless I have missed something.

Funny people didn't seem to get behind Xhaka for his behaviour when his own fans were saying things about his family.

Also didn't Suarez get a fine for giving Fulham fans the middle finger after a load of abuse, yet it's ok to attack a fellow professional a day later because he was booed.

Like I say I may have missed something but it just seems ridiculous. I just hope now the idiot element don't resort to the unacceptable abuse, but for me more of the same next time.

1 minute ago, Colt Seavers said:

I don't really understand what the crowd have meant to have done to wrong. Shit surrounding race, religion and wishing ill on people's family members is out of order and I don't think anyone would condone that.

On the other hand booing a player and calling a player a greedy bastard, is part of the game surely it makes the atmosphere unless I have missed something.

Funny people didn't seem to get behind Xhaka for his behaviour when his own fans were saying things about his family.

Also didn't Suarez get a fine for giving Fulham fans the middle finger after a load of abuse, yet it's ok to attack a fellow professional a day later because he was booed.

Like I say I may have missed something but it just seems ridiculous. I just hope now the idiot element don't resort to the unacceptable abuse, but for me more of the same next time.

Good points. That's  why its such a shame you're unknown, Colt.

• Upvote 3

Remember the one about him buying a sausage roll from Greggs and having the temerity to eat it in a “£500,000 limited edition Bentley”? Or that one about him shopping in Poundworld, as if that was some sort of mortal sin for such a wealthy individual? And so the list goes on.

Nope. Don’t remember any stories like that. Just one about Keita shopping in Poundland or an equivalent establishment...

Anyway, I don’t remember any complaints from the media when the crowd continually booed Barcelona last season.

Guest Pistonbroke

VAR reviews incoming for crowd antics. 

Tyler (in a voice reserved for the horror of finding out your dog has shat on your carpet.) 'Oh, that's wonderful, Salah makes it 1-0.'

Neville (just sounding like a Neville does): 'Wait Martin, I think VAR will want to check this one. I'm sure I heard shouts of greedy bastard in the crowd as Arnold dispossessed Sterling.'

Tyler (in a somewhat upbeat voice saved only for man United players 'I think you're right, Gary. You just can't have that in this game, I'd be surprised if this goal stands.'

In Unison (With a high pitched voice saved for orgasmic experiences: 'Get in.' 

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Nope. Don’t remember any stories like that. Just one about Keita shopping in Poundland or an equivalent establishment...

Anyway, I don’t remember any complaints from the media when the crowd continually booed Barcelona last season.

Home Bargains is a significantly more upmarket store than fucking Poundland.