You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sterling / Gomez - 'clash'

Jennings

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You can tell how amateurish England and Southgate are for this getting out in the public. These types of little fights between teammates happen often in professional sport and they're almost always no big deal. You have to keep it in house. 

Agree with that. Seems a strange approach to the whole thing. I doubt Joe Gomez was particularly bothered.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Can’t get excited about Sterling’s antics I’m afraid . Good player and went to a better team at the time which improved him further. He’s a feisty little prick with too much to say but so what . How many professional footballers could we say that about? He got his arse handed to him on Sunday which will do me . More bothered about Crystal Palace than Sterling’s histrionics 

Agree 100%. Only thing interesting here is the expected incompetence from FA suspending Raheem. That and the fact it shows we're in the heads of the Cithe players. They really don't like us do they? Good!

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Ive seen people on Twitter calling it racism that Sterling has been dropped. Seriously. 

Because he was born in Jamaica and also because he spoke out a while back about racism, its the FA and Southgate getting him back. 

I think its more to do with Sterling being a horrible little cunt bully who got his cumuppence when Gomez didn't retaliate to his shitty little jibes. 

Ferdinand sticking his oar in probably doesn't help in that aspect. Notice how he brings up the way Sterling wonderfully conducted himself during Racism and say he'll be vilified by the Media again. Well Rio, if he didn't act like a wannabe gangsta he wouldn't be in the spotlight. The lad did well to call out Racism, but the fact he seemed to be a bit selective when it involved one of his City teammates is a bit odd. I get the feeling he thought he was untouchable because of his stance towards racism and has on occasion acted like a spoilt brat on the pitch. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Just to add to that, have people noticed how he constantly flings his arms in the air in a show of descent when the referees don't give him a free kick or book a player he thinks deserves a yellow? He gets away with it loads, like they are scared to book him. 

3 hours ago, deiseach said:

It's good to see Gomez come out of this looking squeaky clean, but I get no pleasure out of seeing Sterling take the fall. He's rattled a few bigoted cages on the Street of Shame of late, good on him. The denizens of those cages will be merciless in their gloating. It will not be a pretty sight.

He needs to focus on his football, not try and be Mr Righteous and try and put the world to rights. 

He left Liverpool and now he has to deal with the shit that most players who leave Liverpool have to deal with. Suarez and Coutinho also have been given the once over during the semi final and they didn't grab opponents by the throat (although I expect Suarez maybe wanted to do the bitey thing like Nosferatu). 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, DaveT said:

He should have had a red on Sunday actually - his hissy fit of dissent in the first half, an arm in Mane's face in the 2nd, clattering Virgil towards the end, and being an all round pathetic twat for 90 minutes.

Think he's on four yellows this season (should be more) so any yellow on Sunday (he deserved at least one) would have seen him suspended for the Chelsea game. Wink wink.....

2 hours ago, Baltar said:

Sterling is, has always been and always will be a scumbag. He's a pathetic wannabe gangsta from a London council estate and still has that mentality despite his wealth and fame. I wouldn't be surprised if his "beef" with Gomez is due to him being from a rival postcode...

Tsk.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

How would you notice, the things are fucking tiny

Was watching the athletics a few weeks back and noticed some of the sprinters are wearing what I can only describe as arm-sleeves  and my first thought was that they would tickle Sterling and Pickford’s respective noses. 

Guest Pistonbroke

By page 345 on that Blue Moon thread they'll be saying Sterling battered Gomez. 

Anyway, I thought it was going to be a quiet week due to the international break, so I'd personally like to thank young Raheem for providing us with some much needed material. Sterling work lad...

Press are playing it down if anything then.   

Unprovoked assault on a younger team mate and kept in the same squad cause of who he is, disgraceful.  Switch the roles and Gomez is sent home with fuck all chance of getting called up for a while.   

Hope one of ours sends the wee rat home via the doctor's.   

• Upvote 1