You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's your favourite Roast Dinner condiment?

Bjornebye

Whats your favourite Roast Dinner condiment?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favourite Roast Dinner condiment?

• Horseradish
    • Mint Sauce
    • Cranberry Sauce
    • English Mustard
    • Apple Sauce
    • Redcurrant Jelly
    • Other (Please state)
    • None

1 hour ago, skaro said:

Sorry, I think I had the last of the Pinot with my Carman's Fruit Free muesli.

I try to stay away from Pinot in Australia. Not the best value by a long margin. You get amazing Shiraz for sub $10. Yet you need to double that for Pinot.

13 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Christ 

You think that’s bad?

We used to share a house and the final of many final straws came after the lazy fucker hadn’t been shopping, again, and I saw him put mango chutney on a fried egg sandwich because we had no ketchup.

I couldn’t live with a fucking savage like that and put the house up for sale.

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You think that’s bad?

We used to share a house and the final of many final straws came after the lazy fucker hadn’t been shopping, again, and I saw him put mango chutney on a fried egg sandwich because we had no ketchup.

I couldn’t live with a fucking savage like that and put the house up for sale.

Jesus wept. 

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

You were dropped on your head as a baby, weren't you?

Are you telling me you don't like bread sauce? This cant be! I could eat bread sauce on its own. Same with Yorkshires. Same with roasties (not the skin on shite). Same with yer ma

• Upvote 1

On 14/11/2019 at 11:09, VladimirIlyich said:

If you need condiments outside of salt and pepper for a roast dinner,even they shouldn't be needed,then it's a shit roast dinner.

So you're recommending missing out on seasoning altogether? Or do you just mean the food is seasoned while it is being cooked? 

1 minute ago, Teasmaid said:

What the hell is Redcurrant Jelly? It sounds like something they’d have put on roast swan in the 1600s. I’m a traditionalist - apple sauce with pork, mint sauce with lamb, horseradish with beef, bread sauce with nothing, ever.

Nonce.