Quantcast
Email this page ( What's your favourite Roast Dinner condiment? ) - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• They struggled to find financing for it before the covid, I don't think it's going to be any easier now. Plus they're going to have to find £20m or more a season to make the payments on the finance. This along with taking out more loans and have the premiership finished their investigation into the USA money yet?   The unicorn stadium wasn't happening before and it may as well get planning permission on Mars now.
    • The thing is, I'm not asking for the moon on a stick. It'd just nice to be able to know that if Robertson got injured, we weren't relying on a 35 year-old midfielder as back up, or if any of the front three needed a rest, we weren't having to call on a midfielder with 43 goals in an 11 season career to fill in.   Maybe it's passé these days, but I like the principle that you should have two players for each position, plus an extra goalkeeper.
    • Some might say they're not even a giant in their postcode.  It amuses me they might not have thought ancelotti doesn't really give a shit and he's there for the 11.5m wages he's earning and the 2.5m he got for keeping them up. And if they don't buy anyone, continue to be shite and decide to bullet him, they'd need to pay at least 12 months of his contract. So let's say it's gone to shit by Christmas and they want rid, he'd have earned his 11.5m salary, his 2.5m bonus and would likely be due a 11.5m pay off. So 25.5m for 12 months work. If I was ancelotti I'd be praying for as little money as possible.  The stadium should be financed in a way it has fuck all to do with covid, is self financing and is outside ffp regs, so I don't see the issue aside from I e never thought they'd be able to borrow the money. If they're serious about doing it, it would be a massive mistake to stop now, it'll never be cheaper to do it again. 
    • And? Just because Hull made a daft deal with us doesn't mean other clubs should do likewise. We were also the only club in for Robbo and it doesn't sound like that's the case this time.    For the record, I'm not advocating we splurge 20m on this lad given he wouldn't be a regular. But Norwich's valuation isn't that unrealistic given his age, experience and talent.       
    • The thing is, he isn't doing that.  How do you make an average footballer into a world class one ?  You simply won't unless that ability is already there.  And it's known to be a preference of Klopp's to develop players to their full potential.  Robbo and Trent Arnold being two prime examples. It's being made to be seen as a bit of a lucky dip, but it clearly isn't.  Whatever the criteria is they use to recruit the right player it's obviously working.  That's not luck, that's a lot of research being done there.  It's also financially effective.  And they're not liable to change that while finances are unpredictable, and neither should they.  
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Now

• Popular Contributors

• Football Betting Site Betway