You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 3 Manchester City 1 (Nov 10 2019)

tlw content

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I have been privileged to watch many great Liverpool sides over my years of support & the present side are certainly in the argument for greatest ever , but on reflection I would probably plump for the Hodgson side of Winter 2010.

The added benefit is the general community spirit brought about by this team. I can honestly say that in that point in time, I have never felt closer to Everton.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Agree that this is the best Liverpool side ever and if they hadn't  been robbed last season by the oil cheats of a League and Euro Cup double then I don't think it would be up for debate.

The best compliment I can pay them is that second goal on Sunday was eerily similar to one scored by the great Liverpool side of 78-79 which is considered the best seea at Anfield 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Agree that this is the best Liverpool side ever and if they hadn't  been robbed last season by the oil cheats of a League and Euro Cup double then I don't think it would be up for debate.

The best compliment I can pay them is that second goal on Sunday was eerily similar to one scored by the great Liverpool side of 78-79 which is considered the best seea at Anfield 

Same perm too

Guest Pistonbroke
On 12/11/2019 at 10:25, sir roger said:

I have been privileged to watch many great Liverpool sides over my years of support & the present side are certainly in the argument for greatest ever , but on reflection I would probably plump for the Hodgson side of Winter 2010.

We have to thank Hodgson for a lot, he showed us the error of our ways. It forced us to move on with a different outlook to the club. If he hadn't been so shit we wouldn't be where we are today.

Kind Regards.

Woy. x

On 11/11/2019 at 21:56, dave u said:

You've seen more than me, but yeah I'm the same. To me this is the best team we've ever had.

On 11/11/2019 at 15:50, Fred Oldfield said:

Epic report Dave. I’ll say it again - best Reds team I’ve seen - and I had the privilege of seeing them all since we won promotion all those years ago...

At the moment I find it difficult to put them ahead this team:

https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1046

But even this team lost in the 1st Round of the European Cup (to eventual winners Notts Forest).

So let's see.................

But it is fun to watch!

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

We have to thank Hodgson for a lot, he showed us the error of our ways. It forced us to move on with a different outlook to the club. If he hadn't been so shit we wouldn't be where we are today.

Kind Regards.

Woy. x

You could see the silver lining in a mushroom cloud. 

Uh.... yeah .... thanks Woy. You know in very, very deep retrospect. 

Sterling had looked lively all day but he hadn’t been able to have much of an influence until Hendo went off. After that he was running wild. Part of that if because as a team we became tired and City were allowed to get on top of us, but the absence of Henderson was huge because all of a sudden Sterling was picking the ball up and he was isolated one v one with Trent.

That did not happen when Henderson was on the field. Klopp alluded to it afterwards without directly mentioning his skipper. He said something along the lines of what a great player Sterling is and how much trouble he gave us in the final 20 minutes, but he also said it shows just what a great job we’d done to keep him quiet until then. 

You don’t need to make tackles or interceptions to be effective defensively. You can be influential in all sorts of ways that there are no stats for. Shutting down space, closing off angles, doubling up to help the full back and forcing the winger to go backwards. That’s what Hendo did.

It was difficult to work out who was responsible for the right hand side once Hendo went off - BGJ went immediately to the left and Gini & Fab just seemed to stay central - so TTA had more to do on the right in defence than he had to do all game - Sadio seemed to be the only one helping out. 

This also led to City's left back, Angelino, actually getting over half way with the ball at his feet and so TTA was left with 2 v 1 at times.

• dave u unpinned this topic