You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rivalries Draft - The Final

aRdja

Pick the winner  

13 members have voted

1. 1. The winner?

Dynamite by a country mile - this one isn’t competitive. At least 7 players superior in his side vs any others (and his peak-peak players are way out in front)

edit: Exposition (and I like Elite’s team, but this isn’t same ballpark)

Schmeichel>>Peruzzi 

Zanetti>>Babbel

Koeman>>Kompany

Nesta>>Hummels

Telles=Van Bronckhurst (both deeply average)

Sammer>>Mascherano (and I’m a big Mascherano fan but Sammer is a Balon d’Or winner! Different universe)

McStay<<Redondo

Overmars<<Modric (closest man-to-man comparison given the formations)

Maradonna>>Kaka

Torres>>Van Persie

Neymar<<Suarez 

Voted for Elite. I really like the balance of the team. Modric and Redondo would absolutely dominate the ball in midfield against any team, leaving Mascherano and Kaka to do what they did best. Lovely strike duo too. Suarez was the best player in the word in 2013/14, and RvP was a world class forward as good at scoring goal as he did creating chances for others. Real solid defence and Peruzzi was a perfectly serviceable goalkeeper.

put it this way, if Firmino/Salah/Mane were lined up against Peruzzi/Van Bronckhurst/Kompany/Hummels/Babel Id expect us to be smashing them much like City yesterday. Our current defence is way better than that - there’s only room for 1 of those CBs in our team. Hummels is the only one there to have achieved lasting, concerted success as a major player in a Champions League winning team. Torres/Maradonna/Neymar/Overmars have their absolute way with that defence.

Don’t get me wrong, Dynamite has assembled himself an excellent team. I just think that Telles, McStay and to an extent Overmars are amongst the weakest players in the draft. Van Bronckhorst played 100+ games for Barcelona, and had 100+ caps for the Netherlands. I had to google Alex Telles.

My version of player by player comparison

Schmeichel>>Peruzzi 

Zanetti>>Babbel

Koeman>>Kompany

Nesta>>Hummels

Telles<<Van Bronckhorst

Sammer>>Mascherano

McStay<<Redondo

Overmars<<Modric

Maradona>>Kaka

Torres<<Suarez

Neymar<<RvP

So Dynamite wins it 6 vs 5... but his weaker players are far weaker than Elites’.

I've yet to vote. It's tough between Rapey & Elite.

Going through both teams I'm split 5 outfield players each, so it's down to the keepers - I'm leaning toward Peruzzi to be fair.

For info, my combined team from the two sides would be:

?Keeper?; Trent, Kompany, Hummels, Carlos; Makelele, Redondo, Modric, Ronaldinho; Suarez, Batistuta. 

43 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've heard some serious allegations about Dynamite illegally tapping up players, can we expell him from the draft and close it immediately. 

Credit where credit is due ..

Cech was a lot better than Peruzzi. Angelo Peruzzi has a beautifully exotic name, but in reality he was pretty fat and average (esp. compared to the Italian keepers that followed). Cech was really world-class - esp. before the injury. Mighty goalkeeper.