You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Nov 2-8 2019)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Nov 2:

Villa 1 L 2  Fucking hell, why can’t we ever just win comfortably? Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t be any more full of admiration for the stones these lads have, but we’re a great side that is capable of blowing teams away, so how about we start doing it so we don’t have to be put through the shredder every week?

I’m not specifically just talking about today, as Villa aren’t a pushover and it was never going to be easy, but so many of our games are going down to the wire. It’s emotionally draining. And yet, we’re six points clear. These late goals are the difference between us and the rest. Games when you’re in trouble and in the past would have lost points, we’re somehow coming away with wins.

The ‘lucky Liverpool’ shite that’s being thrown around though is laughable. How were we lucky today? If anything, we were fucking massively unlucky and had all the excuses we needed to justify dropping points. But we didn’t drop points because no matter what is thrown at them, no matter how many setbacks they run into, these lads aren’t phased by any of it and they just go out and win.

There was nothing lucky about today. We battered Villa and although the goals came late there’s no doubt we deserved them. If VAR wasn’t the worst thing to ever happen to football we’d have been home and dry long before that anyway. The disallowing of Firmino’s goal was so staggering it was bordering on corrupt.

I genuinely don’t know how that can be allowed to happen. Literally the only person on the planet who is saying that is offside is Martin Atkinson. I know the linesman flagged, but I bet when he saw the replay he knew he was wrong. That just leaves Atkinson in his own.

Then there’s the handball that wasn’t given. This is exactly the kind of game you normally lose and everyone blames the officials. Not this team though. 

City won late too but Guardiola decided to talk about us again. In particular, he made reference to Sadio ‘diving’. Interesting. How did he know so quickly that Sadio had been booked today? They probably pay someone to keep an eye on us, the weird obsessed bastards. Who the fuck does this tit think he is though?

Sadio isn’t the type to do this, but he should be demanding a public apology. Guardiola has essentially called him a cheat and questioned his integrity. I wouldn’t let it go if it was me, but Sadio will probably just laugh it off and won’t give it a second thought.

The u23s won the mini derby today with a winner four minutes from time. Gotta love how these late goals are just a feature right throughout the club. The 18s have had a few this year too. Herbie Kane got this one and it was a cracker. Such a good player him, I can’t understand how he’s ended up stuck here when he’d walk into most teams outside of the Premier League. 

The other goal was scored by Tony Gallacher, who I’ll be honest, I couldn’t pick out of a line up even though he’s been here a few years. I’ve seen him play a fair few times but can’t ever remember anything about him, good or bad. He must be alright as he’s been kept on when loads of others have been released.

Sunday Nov 3:

More refereeing and VAR nonsense today and once again Martin Atkinson was involved. He was the on field ref this time, and managed to anger both Everton and Spurs. At least you can’t accuse him of favouritism this time. He’s an equal opportunities shitbird, I’ll give him that. I don’t blame him for sending off Son though, as I’d have done the same thing. Fuck him and his crocodile tears, he committed a petulant, snide foul and now he has to live with the consequences.

VAR absolutely ruined this game for anyone inside the stadium though, and this is the thing that isn’t getting enough attention. If you’re at the game and VAR is getting involved, it basically just shits all over your match going experience, sometimes even when decisions go your way. It’s fucking horrible, there are long delays and they still end up with the wrong decision half the time. Fuck it off. Get rid. 

In other news today, fake news, David Silva is a doubt for next weekend. You know he’s nailed on to play. Same with that Rodri fella who is supposed to be out. Shit, I wouldn’t even be shocked if Sane and Laporte are back in time having been given some illegal, state of the art, miracle treatment. Don’t put anything past these fuckers, they’ll do anything to win. 

And why the fuck hasn’t Bernardo been dealt with yet? It was meant to be weeks ago. You watch, his hearing will be next week after they’ve been to Anfield. It’s fucking bullshit is what it is. Anyone else would have been banned by now.

Something else I saw today and it’s really tickled me. Solskjaer has lost as many Premier Leagues as Klopp, despite being there less than a year and having played 104 games less. That’s one of the most incredible stats I’ve seen. I mean, yeah, United have been shite, but even so that seems mad doesn’t it? I mean who’d have thought that a guy who was out of his depth at Cardiff would do so badly at Manchester United? If only there had been some sort of sign?

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

"Solskjaer has lost as many Premier Leagues as Klopp, despite being there less than a year and having played 104 games less."

To be fair to the Baby Faced Gremlin - this fact references all his Premier League games which includes the time he managed at Cardiff.

3 hours ago, Moin Kapadia said:

"Solskjaer has lost as many Premier Leagues as Klopp, despite being there less than a year and having played 104 games less."

To be fair to the Baby Faced Gremlin - this fact references all his Premier League games which includes the time he managed at Cardiff.

Ah, I didn't know that as it wasn't explained in the tweet I saw. I did think it was an incredible stat, but now it's not as impressive to me. In fact, if I'd known that I wouldn't have even mentioned it.

• dave u unpinned this topic