You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guardiola: I love the atmosphere of Anfield

TLW

Pep Guardiola has continued to lay on the charm ahead of Man City’s trip to Anfield on Sunday afternoon.

After his comments regarding Sadio Mane last Saturday raised plenty of eyebrows in the Football world and caused Jurgen Klopp to respond in kind with a sly dig of his own, the Spaniard has seemingly gone out of his way to lavish praise on the Reds.

That continued at his pre-match press conference on Friday and this time it was Liverpool fanbase which came in for recognition.

The Echo reported Guardiola as saying:

“Right now it’s the toughest stadium to go to.

“I love the atmosphere [...] inside it’s perfect, that is why we’re involved in this business, to experience these stadiums.

“They are an exceptional team. The stadium is a big influence, it speaks for itself, but it’s more the quality of the players, the manager they have.

Guardiola then turned his attention to the world-class full-backs and the Liverpool team as a whole.

“If you play high, they get in behind. They are so fast.

"Alexander-Arnold and Robertson are incredible crossers. They have fantastic headers, they win second balls. It’s a real complete team."

“For me as a manager I said last year when we won the league, it was my biggest achievement because we faced my best contender.

“Right now they are the strongest team in the world. 

“We know what playing at Anfield means to them and their rivals.

“We are going to follow our plan."

image.png

Man City will be looking to end a 16 year wait for victory at Anfield tomorrow and Guardiola discussed how you have to adapt in regards to the quality of your opponent.

“Sometimes when the opponents are as good as Liverpool you have to adapt.

“I was more defensive with Bayern Munich when we went to Dortmund and won 3-0, that was incredibly defensive.

“The plan at Anfield [last season] wasn’t like this."

View full article

City fans will be a bit miffed there. The manager calling out how great we are compared to them.

Their biggest gripe with the coach thing wasn't that it was 'attacked'. Hell, we were in more danger from the bottles and cans bouncing off than the millionaires safely behind the bullet proof glass and reinforced bodywork. No. They were upset to see real fervour. Real passion. Maybe even a bit jealous.

The words spoken about the people of Liverpool by the staff on the city bus were a bigger story than they were reported.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fuck him, hope he fails to win the one they want which is the CL and he fucks off to PSG where he'll fit right in. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't jump on the Juventus train. 

On 09/11/2019 at 10:28, Pistonbroke said:

Fuck him, hope he fails to win the one they want which is the CL and he fucks off to PSG where he'll fit right in. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't jump on the Juventus train. 

Would be nice if he did fuck off. 

On 09/11/2019 at 10:02, Jennings said:

City fans will be a bit miffed there. The manager calling out how great we are compared to them.

Their biggest gripe with the coach thing wasn't that it was 'attacked'. Hell, we were in more danger from the bottles and cans bouncing off than the millionaires safely behind the bullet proof glass and reinforced bodywork. No. They were upset to see real fervour. Real passion. Maybe even a bit jealous.

The words spoken about the people of Liverpool by the staff on the city bus were a bigger story than they were reported.

Jennings in bottle throwing admission shocker.

• Upvote 2