You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rivalries Draft: Group B

aRdja

Pick top 2 teams  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Top 2 teams

Just now, lifetime fan said:

The draft is supposed to be voted on players at their peak. Arbeloa had a better LFC career and I think he’s criminally underrated. 
But Aurelio is the better overall LB. 

Completely agree about Gascoigne, never understood anyone playing him as a right mid or No10 when he played his entire career as a No8. 

I don’t think Aurélio is better mate. What is his peak really? Carboni was a better left back than him at Valencia and he never did much here apart from the odd flash of potential. Arbeloa had a much better peak than him imo being a regular for Madrid and Spain. 

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

I don’t think Aurélio is better mate. What is his peak really? Carboni was a better left back than him at Valencia and he never did much here apart from the odd flash of potential. Arbeloa had a much better peak than him imo being a regular for Madrid and Spain. 

Well I think he was better than Arbeloa despite rating him massively so I obviously think he was pretty fucking good at his peak. 

It was a very risky pick as at his absolute best Aurelio was fucking quality but I didn’t expect many votes to reflect that. 

At his peak Aurelio was almost as good defensively, better going forward and can play as a midfielder he’s so great on the ball. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Well I think he was better than Arbeloa despite rating him massively so I obviously think he was pretty fucking good at his peak. 

It was a very risky pick as at his absolute best Aurelio was fucking quality but I didn’t expect many votes to reflect that. 

At his peak Aurelio was almost as good defensively, better going forward and can play as a midfielder he’s so great on the ball. 

Think we’ll have to disagree then mate. He was a very talented player, no doubt, but he only showed it in fits and starts. I think Arbeloa was a much superior player, though he was probably better as a right back tbf. 

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Think we’ll have to disagree then mate. He was a very talented player, no doubt, but he only showed it in fits and starts. I think Arbeloa was a much superior player, though he was probably better as a right back tbf. 

We’re arguing over the difference of a fag paper to be fair. 
I love Arbeloa and the only better debut I can think of is Rob Jones. 

But I picked Aurelio as I thought he’d offer me more going forward. 

And to be fair I don’t need full backs with Baresi and Stam. 

• Upvote 1