You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City (H) Premier League - 10/11/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

But Gomez was astonished when Sterling arrived at St George’s Park to meet up for England duty and immediately laid into him again and, according to witnesses, allegedly attempted to provoke a physical confrontation.

It is believed Sterling aimed jibes at Gomez, asking if he still thought he was the “big man” and got into the 22-year-old’s face looking for a reaction.

Some of those present were impressed with the way Gomez handled the situation by refusing to be goaded into retaliating physically and instead taking a step back.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/11/raheem-sterling-dropped-montenegro-match-confronting-liverpools/

Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

All on the rat again then,  or they'd both have been dropped.

This is bloody splendid and all happening a little too early in the season, hell of a six month ride a head. 

One thing I'm sure about is we're lifting the league now at some point in Klopps contract.   We're just getting better and better on a pathetic budget, 74m net over four years and still with a squad that's easily improved.    City were always going to slip at some point,  I don't think anyone else expected it to happen this season though, they're more than capable of getting their shit together but these two clubs competing for the league are setting a standard where every game except away to the really good sides is nearly must win. 

The others that could possibly challenge are a good three seasons or so off being anywhere near our level, IF they get everything right. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

All on the rat again then,  or they'd both have been dropped.

This is bloody splendid and all happening a little too early in the season, hell of a six month ride a head. 

One thing I'm sure about is we're lifting the league now at some point in Klopps contract.   We're just getting better and better on a pathetic budget, 74m net over four years and still with a squad that's easily improved.    City were always going to slip at some point,  I don't think anyone else expected it to happen this season though, they're more than capable of getting their shit together but these two clubs competing for the league are setting a standard where every game except away to the really good sides is nearly must win. 

The others that could possibly challenge are a good three seasons or so off being anywhere near our level, IF they get everything right. 

Do one with that "easily improved"

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Do one with that "easily improved"

Key word.... Squad

You can ignore we're still short in certain areas if you want,  we're playing games without a forward on the bench with one injury or suspension to our world class front three. 

We're obviously going to rectify this and the other areas we're short over the next year or two and we'll keep getting better as a result. 

13 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Key word.... Squad

You can ignore we're still short in certain areas if you want,  we're playing games without a forward on the bench with one injury or suspension to our world class front three. 

We're obviously going to rectify this and the other areas we're short over the next year or two and we'll keep getting better as a result. 

Thing is the we have goals all over team. We're not as dependent on the striker's as before Klopp came in. We always find a way. Klopps designed it. 

• Upvote 1

It is understood that Sterling attempted to grab Gomez by the neck following his arrival in the players' canteen at St George's Park on Monday, the day after they clashed during Liverpool's 3-1 win over Manchester City....  

...Sterling is understood to have apologised to Gomez and the squad after the altercation. Gomez and the squad accepted his apology. 

Sterling then took to Instagram in the early hours of Tuesday morning to tell his side of the story. 'We are in a sport where emotions run high and I am man enough to admit when emotions got the better of me,' he posted. 'Both Joe and I have had words and figured things out and moved on.'

From the Mail. Looks like I owe them an apology. It’s ace they are so rattled.

Should of had his pr team do the apology for him too, much like they did every statement he made about racism for the sole reason to boost his profile £££ last year. 

There's no way things are fine with them either, it's clear a lot of our players don't like him one bit. 

7 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

But Gomez was astonished when Sterling arrived at St George’s Park to meet up for England duty and immediately laid into him again and, according to witnesses, allegedly attempted to provoke a physical confrontation.

It is believed Sterling aimed jibes at Gomez, asking if he still thought he was the “big man” and got into the 22-year-old’s face looking for a reaction.

Some of those present were impressed with the way Gomez handled the situation by refusing to be goaded into retaliating physically and instead taking a step back.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/11/raheem-sterling-dropped-montenegro-match-confronting-liverpools/

Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

Quality from Joe, nothing to be gained and he’s reinforced the opinion that Sterling is a biff.

13 hours ago, Butch said:

Thing is the we have goals all over team. We're not as dependent on the striker's as before Klopp came in. We always find a way. Klopps designed it. 

Fans goal made it 10 different scorers in the league out of the previous 11 scored. Pretty amazing that, especially when you remember Lallana scored one of them

Guest Pistonbroke

Sterling then took to Instagram in the early hours of Tuesday morning to tell his side of the story. 'We are in a sport where emotions run high and I am man enough to admit when emotions got the better of me,' he posted. 'Both Joe and I have had words and figured things out and moved on.'

-------------

Behind the scenes audio coverage.

Sterling in a squeaky mouse voice: 'Sorry, Joe. I just let my emotions get the better of me, it won't happen again.'

Joe Gomez, pointing in an intimidating Jules Winnfield kind of way: 'You bet it won't happen again, because if it does I'll rip your fucking liver out.' 

What a pity all that talent is wasted on a whining, dirty,diving cunt like him.

Could (should) have had two yellows just for diving on Sunday.at least one more for getting in the refs face the way he does. The whole team is as bad as Whisky noses mob for intimidating officials. Baldiola should have had a red for his performance. Any cunt that shaves their head of what little hair there is more often than they shave their beard is a pretensions twat of the highest order.