Quantcast
City (H) Premier League - 10/11/19 - 16:30 - Page 4 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

City (H) Premier League - 10/11/19 - 16:30

Recommended Posts

Just go for it. Pressure them, if Southampton and the like can rattle them it would be a shame if we don't. We let the other mancs off the hook, we usually let Everton off the hook. Let's just twat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SasaS said:

 

This apostrophe is more appalling than City's defense. 

 

If there was a particularly pedantic bellwhiff lurking on this forum, he might  suggest the correct spelling in this current setting is defence  

 

Luckily there isn't one  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Ederson confirmed out of Sunday's game.

Ederson has been ruled out of Sunday’s game against Liverpool.

The Brazilian was substituted at half-time against Atalanta after suffering a muscular problem and now the City No.1 will miss the trip to Anfield.

Pep Guardiola confirmed his absence at his Friday press conference, saying: “Ederson is not able to play. I don’t know how long he will be out for, but Sunday, he cannot play.

“We have another keeper. Claudio Bravo and he can do it, too. I have every confidence in him.

“We won the Carabao Cup thanks to Claudio. He is an exceptional keeper and has won a lot of international games and tournaments with Chile. I have no doubts.

"Why shouldn't I be confident with my players? Just because he doesn't play regularly I would not like to be a player if my manager has doubts about me. I know how good a keeper he is.

"This guy has years in an incredible career at a top level won the Copa America. Respect he guy. Incredibly, top keeper

"Why should I not be confident? All the players are in our squad  because we have an incredible confidence. We have many injuries so we need the squad to be there.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big boost for us if Ederson really is out. As others have said, his distribution is great and a major part of their game. That said, we adapted pretty well with the more limited Adrian when Alisson was out.

 

Interesting piece on The Athletic today about our rivalry with City in terms of signing players. Van Dijk was the first choice of both clubs, but apparently Laporte was second on our list too. Koulibaly and Boateng completed our list of four. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dave D said:

If there was a particularly pedantic bellwhiff lurking on this forum, he might  suggest the correct spelling in this current setting is defence  

 

Luckily there isn't one  

 

You should have seen my early attempts.

Anyway, defense is correct too, if you allow American spelling.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Ederson confirmed out of Sunday's game.

Bravo nailed on to have a worldie, just like Gazzaniga did a couple of weeks back after Loris got injured. (Didn't stop us in the end though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Big boost for us if Ederson really is out. As others have said, his distribution is great and a major part of their game. That said, we adapted pretty well with the more limited Adrian when Alisson was out.

 

Interesting piece on The Athletic today about our rivalry with City in terms of signing players. Van Dijk was the first choice of both clubs, but apparently Laporte was second on our list too. Koulibaly and Boateng completed our list of four. 

So we really did hack their scouting system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Lies.

We owe these cheats big time, 4 points they robbed us of last season. If we get stuck in and the ground is buzzing they'll shit themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t Ederson training behind closed doors to see if he’ll be fit.

 

Not that it’ll matter as we’ll smash either of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I dont think he'll play. Slaphead would look a right tit if he did make a miraculous recovery for Sunday. I know some say the sperm of gollum said de gea wasnt fit but played against us. Only I dont recall him saying that, just all the media whores saying he wouldnt.

 

Either way, it is immaterial. Im pretty sure Jurgen and the coaching staff will be preparing the team for if he does somehow play or their back up does instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, блядь said:
 

Pep Guardiola confirmed his absence at his Friday press conference, saying: “Ederson is not able to play. I don’t know how long he will be out for, but Sunday, he cannot play.

“We have another keeper. Claudio Bravo and he can do it, too. I have every confidence in him.

“We won the Carabao Cup thanks to Claudio. He is an exceptional keeper and has won a lot of international games and tournaments with Chile. I have no doubts.

"Why shouldn't I be confident with my players? Just because he doesn't play regularly I would not like to be a player if my manager has doubts about me. I know how good a keeper he is.

"This guy has years in an incredible career at a top level won the Copa America. Respect he guy. Incredibly, top keeper

"Why should I not be confident? All the players are in our squad  because we have an incredible confidence. We have many injuries so we need the squad to be there.

 

 

 

 

 

Was he speaking very fast when he said that with a nervous laugh at the end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just woken up part way through a dream where we were losing 2-0 to Leicester and that was going to leave us 10 points behind them (presumably with City in 3rd).

 

when do we play Leicester, and is it mathematically possible that we could find ourselves 2nd to them by seven points going into the match?

 

if not I’ll curl back up and go back to sleep, less concerned.

 

Ta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ve just woken up part way through a dream where we were losing 2-0 to Leicester and that was going to leave us 10 points behind them (presumably with City in 3rd).

 

when do we play Leicester, and is it mathematically possible that we could find ourselves 2nd to them by seven points going into the match?

 

if not I’ll curl back up and go back to sleep, less concerned.

 

Ta.

We play them on Boxing Day and have 7 premiership games before then, (one of them is postponed) so it is mathematically possible for your dream to be a reality. Leicester are 8 points behind us. The postponed game theoretically means rivals could be 3 points closer to us until we play that and hopefully win it. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ve just woken up part way through a dream where we were losing 2-0 to Leicester and that was going to leave us 10 points behind them (presumably with City in 3rd).

 

when do we play Leicester, and is it mathematically possible that we could find ourselves 2nd to them by seven points going into the match?

 

if not I’ll curl back up and go back to sleep, less concerned.

 

Ta.


Think you wandered into one of Brendan Rodgers’ dreams by mistake. Count yourself lucky you didn’t get as far as the room of mirrors and family-size tub of Vaseline. Happened to Diablo and he woke up a gibbering wreck, dribbling “but wee Joe won’t fit up there....” Poor bastard.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anubis said:


Think you wandered into one of Brendan Rodgers’ dreams by mistake. Count yourself lucky you didn’t get as far as the room of mirrors and family-size tub of Vaseline. Happened to Diablo and he woke up a gibbering wreck, dribbling “but wee Joe won’t fit up there....” Poor bastard.

Haha, fucking hell. I’ve just had a blinding bit of sex and I’m glad I read this afterwards and not before.

11 minutes ago, блядь said:

We play them on Boxing Day and have 7 premiership games before then, (one of them is postponed) so it is mathematically possible for your dream to be a reality. Leicester are 8 points behind us. The postponed game theoretically means rivals could be 3 points closer to us until we play that and hopefully win it. 

You’ve gone to a lot of effort to actually answer my question, so the net is probably a bit harsh, but your answer has left me feeling bothered that I’ve somehow predicted a horrible future so what the hell do you want from me?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

 

I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

 

I hope I can make it across the border.

 

I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand.

 

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

 

I hope we get beat

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Haha, fucking hell. I’ve just had a blinding bit of sex and I’m glad I read this afterwards and not before.

You’ve gone to a lot of effort to actually answer my question, so the net is probably a bit harsh, but your answer has left me feeling bothered that I’ve somehow predicted a horrible future so what the hell do you want from me?

Ungrateful cunt. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we do lose tomorrow I hope loads don't come on here slagging them Klopp and certain player's off and try and remember what a great fucking side this is who if beaten haven't eventually lost to some shit pub side . 

It's only 3 points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Haha, fucking hell. I’ve just had a blinding bit of sex and I’m glad I read this afterwards and not before.

You’ve gone to a lot of effort to actually answer my question, so the net is probably a bit harsh, but your answer has left me feeling bothered that I’ve somehow predicted a horrible future so what the hell do you want from me?

Blinding bit of sex? Was it first class? Are you Alan Partridge?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • I want the prospective titles. One's in the bag. Another one took a hit in Madrid a few hours back, and is in the balance. These things - and even the FA Cup - are in our hands, not a tribunal's.
    • They didn't retrospectively award the win to the second place finisher in the Tour de France after stripping Armstrong.  So in that case you do want us to claim the trophies?   Melbourne Storm were stripped of two Rugby League titles down here for breaching the salary cap and dodgily paying players through third parties.  Pretty similar to City, although much lower figures.  I don't think the runners up were then awarded the trophy. 
    • Andy Robertson has lit the fuse for what should be an explosive second leg of the Champions League last 16 clash with Atletico Madrid in three weeks time.

      A scrappy goal to Saul Niguez in the fourth minute was symbolic of the contest and that suited Atletico to a tee as they were able to slow the pace considerably which naturally frustrated the visitors who failed to register a shot on target throughout the ninety minutes.

      There is little doubt Jürgen Klopp would have told his players beforehand not to fall for their playacting and dubious antics, but it is easier said than done in the heat of the battle.

      Sadio Mane was taken off at half time for risk of getting a second yellow card while Klopp himself got booked on the touchline.

      The straight talking left-back left nobody in any illusions of what he thought of the,home teams’ antics after the game in which Liverpool fell to just their third defeat of the season.

      The Mirror reported Robertson as saying:

      “The corner just ricocheted, it was tight but onside.   "We gave them the best possible start and that get the fans behind them and then they start falling over and getting under the skin a bit.

      “We put in a decent performance and we know we can be better. We've got a second leg to put it right."  

      Robertson also picked up on the reactions of the Atletico players after the game and gave them a little word of warning.

      “They celebrated as if they won the tie after the game. 

      “They are coming to Anfield and we know our fans will be there."

      Klopp was absolutely furious with the lack of protection that the Senegal star got on the evening.

      “He [Sadio Mane] was targeted. It was clear. They wanted to make sure he got a yellow card.

      “It is only half time but you need to be really strong as a referee in this atmosphere. 

      “We speak about Anfield and the power a stadium can have, and tonight we saw it. 

      “They got a result, the stadium wasn't here to see sensational football, they got the result and so they are happy.

      “Already in the first 30 minutes three of their players went to the ground I don't know what for. Nobody to blame.

      “I am fine, 1-0 down at half time we have the longest half time break and we will use that. 

      “Welcome to Anfield. It is not over yet."
      View full article
    • Oblak gifted us a goal - Mo's touch let him down.   He will be disappointed when he looks back on that.
    • Also, sides with quality in Europe have been able to nullify us pretty easily by playing a flat 4-4-2. Becoming a bit of a trend. 2 goals in 5 matches against Napoli and Atletico, and especially tonight we couldn't make a dent.    Something needs to be done about that but I have no doubt the home game will be different.
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

×