You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City (H) Premier League - 10/11/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

28 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

We’ve never been anything special.

We’ve never won anything without having had referees/ luck/ the FA/ UEFA etc. on our side.

Our players are all on PED’s which is why we never tire, and never get injured.

In short, we will never deserve any trophy we win.

I have realised this over 50 odd years of supporting Liverpool.

So, fuck them, 3 more points.

Next.

Plus.....I thought this was the season when all of that undeserved success would be reversed, due to the introduction of VAR? Now I’m hearing that it’s ONLY VAR that’s handed us everything and resulted in us winning 11and drawing one.

I’m confused now.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one who thought that the more controversial moment of the match was the Mane shove in the back on Sterling?

In real time I thought Sterling had dived and was whinging because Gomez (or TAA? I can't remember) got between him and the ball but watching it back if someone shoved Salah like that in the back after he'd gone past him I'd be incensed. Not really a definite penalty but a really good argument for one IMO.

The handballs are a joke, don't think any objective observer would give either of them. I'm not even 100% sure that the first one even struck his arm, looks like his hip from some angles.

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

There heads have proper gone here, lads! 

To be fair, there was something very odd about Salah's goal not being given the whole "lines on the pitch treatment", which always seems to happen in a tight offside call. I personally thought he looked offside and then they just gave the goal and moved on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DimReaper said:

To be fair, there was something very odd about Salah's goal not being given the whole "lines on the pitch treatment", which always seems to happen in a tight offside call. I personally thought he looked offside and then they just gave the goal and moved on. 

I thought he looked on, obviously without the magic lines. But I hope that var was broken, as this fume is fucking hilarious.

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

Liverpool win and everyone is fuming coming up with conspiracy theories.

Brilliant.

It's nice to be on the other end of these for once.

I still remember back in the Ferguson days when it was so much easier to claim that he had some sort of mysterious connection with the referees rather than just admit they were really good. I prefer it when Liverpool are really good, like now, and having opposition fans being the ones inventing conspiracies.

19 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Definitely got his arm, but 50/50 for me. Can't say stonewall given his arms in the same position as aguero at the time, and takes a deflection on the way to his arm so he can do fuck all about it. 

For all the talk about unnatural position, the ball hit him on the bicep or inside of elbow, which was pretty tight to the body. His hand was well out sure, but where the ball hit him? I don't see how he stops the ball hitting him there. All moot as the thing wouldn't have been anywhere near him if it hadn't come off Silva's hand in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I thought they showed the two lines in the middle of the game? Not long after the goal? Am I imagining that? Neville commented on Stones playing him on side. 

Aside from all of that, the game flew by, and it was pretty much two good teams going at each other. I have to say I thought Sterling had his first decent game at Anfield since leaving until about the last ten minutes or so, when the red mist came down on the wee scrote and his game went to shit. We lovely to see.