You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City (H) Premier League - 10/11/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

Premier League Panel @PremLeaguePanel 2h2 hours ago

The scale of what Klopp has done with LFC isn’t really emphasised enough. He’s created one of the best teams of the Premier League era and the European Champions with a spend of just £72 million (net) in 4 years and 1 month in charge. It’s a ridiculous managerial achievement.

55 replies . 1,139 retweets 4,090 likes

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Caramac said:

pRXXJxD.gif

hahhahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

mmwahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

14 minutes ago, rotoq said:

We're nothing special. I was excited like you, but I read on blue moon that were nothing special so unfortunately it best to not get excited. We're mid table at best 

I saw on Redcafe too that we're the luckiest team in the history of football. Broke my heart. We're not actually good. 

Not a fan of Robbie Savage at all, the dim shit, but, on the basis that a stopped clock is right twice a day and all that, he gets a break today. I've just heard he's been trolling Man City fans asking them if they're looking over their shoulders at Sheffield Utd.

Hahaha, have some of that you plastic twats.

We needed to lay down a marker in this game, and it's fair to say we did just that. With two thirds of the season still to go, nothing's been won yet, but we have set a yardstick that all the rest have to try and cope with. We've played against all the sides that are considered amongst the best in the league generally, as well as all the sides that have started the season playing above their expected level. I don't think that is true of City.

Firstly, the VAR shout for City. A few weeks ago, Sadio inadvertently controlled a ball with his arm before putting the ball in the back of the net at Old Trafford. The goal was disallowed on the basis that the attacker benefitted from the handball and got a goalscoring opportunity even though it was inadvertent. The bit about natural or unnatural position has been deemed not to apply when judging a handball by the attacking player. Same thing today. Bernardo Silva inadvertently touched the ball with his arm before it hit Trent on the arm. Therefore, the attacking player has to be penalised. If, even after a VAR check they'd come to the conclusion that it was a penalty, then we could immediately point to the Sadio incident at Old Trafford and the Silva incident here being treated differently.

To me it seems like the ref, instead of giving us a free kick, allowed the advantage and we played the ball upfield. Moments later, Fabinho smashed to the ball into the net, the City players went mental and Baldiola saw his arse.

Up to this point, City had been dominating the game while we looked to contain and counter by taking advantage of the vast chasms they were leaving in defence. We scored a second in just such a fashion. Brilliant pass from Trent out to Robbo. Robbo with a fantastic cross to Mo. Mo with a lovely cushioned header past Bravo. That was reminiscent of Terry Mac's goal against Spurs all those years ago. 2-0.

City were still creating openings and we were creaking defensively at times, but we held out to half time. The second half started in much the same fashion as the first, and we'd scored again within 5 minutes. Great play from Hendo down the right to tee up Sadio for a far-post diving header. He's not the type to over-celebrate so I'm glad he didn't milk the moment here. We still had a job to do and City were there for the taking.

The rest of the second half was City dominating possession with us generally keeping them at bay without too much discomfort. They were getting ratty and indulging in shithouse behaviour. That sort of thing is clearly coming from thier manager who is fast becoming Shitcoat with less hair and better football. His drama queen antics were fucking embarrassing.

Both sets of players were tiring but our substitutions didn't help us exert greater control. We looked more ragged and it was from some of that sloppiness that Silva got a goal back for City. We aren't as tight defensively as last season and it's partly down to too much sloppiness at certain times in games.

I've seen pretty much all the discussion post-match centre around the non-penalty and I expect most of the pundits will say the officials got it wrong, simply because they'll ignore how it all came about.

No matter, we go into the international break with an 8-point lead at the top, a 9-point lead over City, and twice the number of points as the team in 5th. After only 12 games. That is extraordinary, and we could even have had a 100% record if we'd actually turned up at Old Trafford and shown that rabble just why we are superior to them.

• Upvote 6