You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City (H) Premier League - 10/11/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I thought Man City were phenomenal. A historically great side full of amazing and valiant champions. Except, it appears we're just bit better than them at the moment. Shame for them. Real shame. 

They were very good today, at times we could not get near them but we played them perfectly. 

I think they'll beat us at the Etihad but hopefully it won't matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

We've played all of the other so called top 6 teams, two of them away from home and we are 9 points clear, let that sink in. 

Absolutely, and this is now the time when we have to take advantage. Beat the teams we should be beating and hope some of the better sides take points off City.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Eight points. 

Yeah, but 9 points away from the only team that matters imo. Both Leicester and Chelsea will drop points as teams don't give them the same respect and I bet they'll drop points where none of us actually think they will. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, but 9 points away from the only team that matters imo. Both Leicester and Chelsea will drop points as teams don't give them the same respect and I bet they'll drop points where none of us actually think they will. 

Leicester and Chelsea are deservedly where they are. Chelsea will be looking to extend their lead over City in the next game. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Absolutely, and this is now the time when we have to take advantage. Beat the teams we should be beating and hope some of the better sides take points off City.

Klopp won't let this bunch of lads rest on their Laurels, he'll be using the pain of last season in the league to keep them focused. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Leicester and Chelsea are deservedly where they are. Chelsea will be looking to extend their lead over City in the next game. 

It would be nice if they can, I bet they get a draw at the very most. Chelsea don't look great at the back and it is their youngsters that are performing at the moment, a bit of pressure could easily change their fortunes. Leicester have a good squad but they are lucky in the fact that a lot of their chances are finding the back of the net, you wait until they start struggling to score, and it will happen. 

Long way to go though, plus we have a massive programme coming up after the international break. I'd certainly play nothing but youngsters and a few fringe players in both of the domestic cups. We could also do with bringing in one or two players in January if we maintain this lead, why wait until summer when you are in such a great position to land the title this season. I'm sure we'll have a few moments along the way that will test us all. 

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Why?

Because its all about how city should've had a pen (clearly not), how well they played, how they deserved more out of the game. 

We defended brilliantly, took our chances and always carried a threat going forward. 

Going back to the villa game last week, look at the comparisons of how their defensive attributes were applauded, how they "deserved" something from the game... Fast forward this week and its all about city.

Fuck em, we were great. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm watching the game again as Sky Germany show the late Sunday game again...hope we win again. 

What a strike by Fabinho...hang on, Var to Cities rescue....phew, fuck off City.