You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City (H) Premier League - 10/11/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

20 hours ago, SasaS said:

This apostrophe is more appalling than City's defense. 

If there was a particularly pedantic bellwhiff lurking on this forum, he might  suggest the correct spelling in this current setting is defence  

Luckily there isn't one  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Ederson confirmed out of Sunday's game.

Ederson has been ruled out of Sunday’s game against Liverpool.

The Brazilian was substituted at half-time against Atalanta after suffering a muscular problem and now the City No.1 will miss the trip to Anfield.

Pep Guardiola confirmed his absence at his Friday press conference, saying: “Ederson is not able to play. I don’t know how long he will be out for, but Sunday, he cannot play.

“We have another keeper. Claudio Bravo and he can do it, too. I have every confidence in him.

“We won the Carabao Cup thanks to Claudio. He is an exceptional keeper and has won a lot of international games and tournaments with Chile. I have no doubts.

"Why shouldn't I be confident with my players? Just because he doesn't play regularly I would not like to be a player if my manager has doubts about me. I know how good a keeper he is.

"This guy has years in an incredible career at a top level won the Copa America. Respect he guy. Incredibly, top keeper

"Why should I not be confident? All the players are in our squad  because we have an incredible confidence. We have many injuries so we need the squad to be there.

Big boost for us if Ederson really is out. As others have said, his distribution is great and a major part of their game. That said, we adapted pretty well with the more limited Adrian when Alisson was out.

Interesting piece on The Athletic today about our rivalry with City in terms of signing players. Van Dijk was the first choice of both clubs, but apparently Laporte was second on our list too. Koulibaly and Boateng completed our list of four. 

8 minutes ago, Dave D said:

If there was a particularly pedantic bellwhiff lurking on this forum, he might  suggest the correct spelling in this current setting is defence  

Luckily there isn't one  

You should have seen my early attempts.

Anyway, defense is correct too, if you allow American spelling.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Big boost for us if Ederson really is out. As others have said, his distribution is great and a major part of their game. That said, we adapted pretty well with the more limited Adrian when Alisson was out.

Interesting piece on The Athletic today about our rivalry with City in terms of signing players. Van Dijk was the first choice of both clubs, but apparently Laporte was second on our list too. Koulibaly and Boateng completed our list of four. 

So we really did hack their scouting system.

Personally, I dont think he'll play. Slaphead would look a right tit if he did make a miraculous recovery for Sunday. I know some say the sperm of gollum said de gea wasnt fit but played against us. Only I dont recall him saying that, just all the media whores saying he wouldnt.

Either way, it is immaterial. Im pretty sure Jurgen and the coaching staff will be preparing the team for if he does somehow play or their back up does instead.

13 hours ago, блядь said:

Pep Guardiola confirmed his absence at his Friday press conference, saying: “Ederson is not able to play. I don’t know how long he will be out for, but Sunday, he cannot play.

“We have another keeper. Claudio Bravo and he can do it, too. I have every confidence in him.

“We won the Carabao Cup thanks to Claudio. He is an exceptional keeper and has won a lot of international games and tournaments with Chile. I have no doubts.

"Why shouldn't I be confident with my players? Just because he doesn't play regularly I would not like to be a player if my manager has doubts about me. I know how good a keeper he is.

"This guy has years in an incredible career at a top level won the Copa America. Respect he guy. Incredibly, top keeper

"Why should I not be confident? All the players are in our squad  because we have an incredible confidence. We have many injuries so we need the squad to be there.

Was he speaking very fast when he said that with a nervous laugh at the end?

I’ve just woken up part way through a dream where we were losing 2-0 to Leicester and that was going to leave us 10 points behind them (presumably with City in 3rd).

when do we play Leicester, and is it mathematically possible that we could find ourselves 2nd to them by seven points going into the match?

if not I’ll curl back up and go back to sleep, less concerned.

Ta.

54 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ve just woken up part way through a dream where we were losing 2-0 to Leicester and that was going to leave us 10 points behind them (presumably with City in 3rd).

when do we play Leicester, and is it mathematically possible that we could find ourselves 2nd to them by seven points going into the match?

Ta.

We play them on Boxing Day and have 7 premiership games before then, (one of them is postponed) so it is mathematically possible for your dream to be a reality. Leicester are 8 points behind us. The postponed game theoretically means rivals could be 3 points closer to us until we play that and hopefully win it. 

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Ta.

Think you wandered into one of Brendan Rodgers’ dreams by mistake. Count yourself lucky you didn’t get as far as the room of mirrors and family-size tub of Vaseline. Happened to Diablo and he woke up a gibbering wreck, dribbling “but wee Joe won’t fit up there....” Poor bastard.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Think you wandered into one of Brendan Rodgers’ dreams by mistake. Count yourself lucky you didn’t get as far as the room of mirrors and family-size tub of Vaseline. Happened to Diablo and he woke up a gibbering wreck, dribbling “but wee Joe won’t fit up there....” Poor bastard.

Haha, fucking hell. I’ve just had a blinding bit of sex and I’m glad I read this afterwards and not before.

11 minutes ago, блядь said:

We play them on Boxing Day and have 7 premiership games before then, (one of them is postponed) so it is mathematically possible for your dream to be a reality. Leicester are 8 points behind us. The postponed game theoretically means rivals could be 3 points closer to us until we play that and hopefully win it. 

You’ve gone to a lot of effort to actually answer my question, so the net is probably a bit harsh, but your answer has left me feeling bothered that I’ve somehow predicted a horrible future so what the hell do you want from me?

• Downvote 1

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

I hope I can make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope we get beat

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Haha, fucking hell. I’ve just had a blinding bit of sex and I’m glad I read this afterwards and not before.

You’ve gone to a lot of effort to actually answer my question, so the net is probably a bit harsh, but your answer has left me feeling bothered that I’ve somehow predicted a horrible future so what the hell do you want from me?

Ungrateful cunt. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Blinding bit of sex? Was it first class? Are you Alan Partridge?

• Upvote 2