You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City (H) Premier League - 10/11/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

Take a one nil lead. See City equalise in the 87th minute. Score our winner in the 94th minute. Watch as Anfield explodes and both City players, management, staff and fans sink to their knees in despair, abandoning all hope. Pep to be carried out of Anfield on a stretcher, in the foetal position, hugging himself and giggle-crying hysterically about how ‘they’ can’t be stopped.

Fade out.

Like Walt at the end of 'Crawl Space'

11 hours ago, etho said:

I'd play Gomez. I know he's looked raw so far this season but I think that's lack of game time. It's almost like people forgot how good he was first half of last season.

Lovren against these is the weak link, this is elite football and they'll target his relative lack of ability on the ball.

Gomez has the pace to deal with theirs, and is great on the ball from centre half.

Sadly I think Lovren will get the nod though

Completely agree with that. I think Matip is a miles better footballer than Gomez but I'd always pick Gomez against City just because they kill teams with their pace.

Neither Lovren or Henderson  should be anywhere near Sunday's team but I fear they will both start.

3 hours ago, KMD7 said:

I'd start with Ox instead of Gini for this one.  Get at the cunts

Ox has been great lately, always seems to have a decent game vs these lot.

It'll force them to lose a bit of defensive formation trying to quickly close him down, creating space for the front 3. Rather than sitting back knowing that Wij isn't likely to ping one in from distance. 

And apparently Wij was pissed off about not starting vs barca, and when he came on he tore them a new arsehole, we could use a bit of that aggression I reckon. 

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I would take draw home and away this season. As long as we don't lose points to them I think we are in a better position.

I think we need to win this first game with the fixture pile up. A draw will be better for City imo as can't see us winning all the other league games through to the end of the year.   

3 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

On the contrary, I hope we win courtesy of the worst decision of all time in the last minute, just to see Pep cry.

Ok I might take that, you just know that any win via the worst decision of all time would bite us in the arse for many games afterwards. 

Not on here much anymore as I'm more of a twitter man.

Not sure what the main discussion points are about the team are on here generally, but on twitter it is mostly about the midfield of the team.  Guess that makes sense as the rest of the team pretty much picks itself, apart from who partners Van Dijk.

The general views seems to be everyone craving more creation, goals & craft from our midfield.  Basically seeing more Keita & Ox, less Henderson & Gini.  I can't certainly see why & I think Keita / Ox's graft without the ball is better than some maybe perceive.  

But it's actually in these big games where I think we missed Keita & Ox last season.  Against the weaker sides (the bottom 16 in the league last season) - we got more points than any other side.  This season it has been the same.  I consider United slightly different.  They aren't good enough to be deemed a top side as they never attack us like a Spurs, City would do.  But they are better than the bottom 6, as when they do park the bus, they're doing it with better quality - so I think they're different to all other teams in the league in that regard and why we've struggled against them more than any other side under Klopp.

For me my biggest regret last season was that home game vs City when we didn't have an Ox or Keita to hurt them more.  City will not park the bus & they'll be space to exploit in midfield.  Henderson & Gini have qualities - but they aren't dribblers or very penetrative.  Keita & Ox are & in open space they can be devastating.  It's not against Burnely type teams where they're missed.  It is against City where we need an Ox or Keita (maybe both).  I really hope at least one starts for that reason.  

I'd go: Alisson, Trent, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Gini, Ox, Mane, Firmino, Salah

Against any other team, I'd probably go Keita over Ox.  But City are just perfect for Ox to exploit, as he has twice in the past.  Actually he's played three times against them with three wins.

I love Hendo, think he's underrated, gets treated like shit by a large percentage of our fans - but I wouldn't start him in this.

Anfield better have the best atmosphere since Chelsea 2005, as if we win this it is huge! Let's show that on Sunday!

• Upvote 3

Would definitely go with Ox, the man in form. Hendo can sit this one out, we need to be straight at it at full intensity and he was too unwell to be involved yesterday so I would have him on the bench. Keita still needs to get to the point where he’s comfortable throwing himself about at full tilt but with his quality he will be first choice if he can keep fit and build confidence and momentum.