You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City (H) Premier League - 10/11/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

We always play better against City when we're on the front foot. In the past few seasons our best performances against them have come when we've had that extra creative player - Lallana, Ox, Coutinho. 

The games when we've come  off 2nd best are when we've fielded the old Brexit midfield, so for that reason I'd go Fab - Gini - Ox and tear into them. 

Also, with the respective run of games both clubs have coming up, a win for us could really be a killer blow to them. 

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS. 

• Upvote 5

We win this and I think we win the league. We won't drop many points imo unless we get an injury crisis and while City could win 18 on the bounce, it would be hard to see them getting over 95 points if that happened.

They seem to be having a fair few injuries and some of their stalwarts like Silva, Fernandinho and Aguero will feel this season more than others.

Just don't lose Redmen.

Vigour. Intelligence. Creativity. Tempo. Obduracy. Ruthlessness. Yardstick.

I don't ask for much.

There will be a lot more media shite around this fixture over the coming days, and Sky in particular will try to paint it as the most decisive moment of the season. Such games tend to end up as damp squibs that are more attritional than watchable.

Just play with discipline, don't get sucked into mind games, don't do anything daft and don't overreach if/when we don't have to. If we play with the mindset we know we have and ally it to the ability we know we have, we can clinch all three points.

• Upvote 1

Basically just don't lose. 

I'm worried about Virgil's partner, whether it's Lovren or Gomez. The former just isn't good enough to hold the fort against these and the latter has just looked disinterested this season. It will be Lovren, but that choice would keep me up at night. 

Henderson is a shoe-in for the defensive cover. I'd be tempted to drop Wijnaldum for Chamberlain. It's a hard one. On one hand, Wijnaldum would help us keep the ball more but Chamberlain is irrepressible right now and has been a thorn in their side historically. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m bricking it, to be honest. Even though we’re six points clear it feels like all the pressure is on us. 

I hope we obliterate their makeshift defence inside the first half an hour so I can unclench my arsehole. 

You really reckon we’ll be 6 up in 30 minutes?

• Upvote 2

This game is either going to be a classic or damp squib depending on how both teams approach it.

Im expecting Guardiola to approach it pretty much the same as last year and not try and go toe to toe. That said, he's not in as good a position as he was when the two teams meet in this fixture last year (or is memory deceiving me?) Similarly, it will be interesting to see if Jurgen goes for a little more cautious approach or takes the game to them.

I dont know how you play in half measures. We are a lot more resilient than we were even last year. Some of the sparkle is not as bright as it was, neither do I think we've really hit peak performance this season.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm glad our first meeting against these is at Anfield, just twat the fuckers, Reds.

Pity Matip is crocked, but I'd rather have Lovren partner VVD than Gomez. Gomez just isn't the same player and I don't think he's taking this fight for your place too well, looks half arsed at times and the gaps he leaves are frightening.

Klopp has a difficult choice to make in his midfield Trio, nice to have such headaches. 

Despite City's dominance against other teams they spunk a shit load of chances of late, we'll defend better than most too. Hopefully we find our shooting boots and destroy the fuckers.

Reckon we'll win this one 4-1, I'm that confident lads and lassies.  Klopp is going to have them up for this big time, whereas the bald Fraud will be busy setting up his excuses. Crowd also need to give those fuckers hell. 

48 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm worried about Virgil's partner, whether it's Lovren or Gomez. The former just isn't good enough to hold the fort against these and the latter has just looked disinterested this season. It will be Lovren, but that choice would keep me up at night. 

Henderson is a shoe-in for the defensive cover. I'd be tempted to drop Wijnaldum for Chamberlain. It's a hard one. On one hand, Wijnaldum would help us keep the ball more but Chamberlain is irrepressible right now and has been a thorn in their side historically. 

Absolutely mental. Gini Wijnaldum is a world class central Midfielder, crucial to how we play, and the only debate is who plays with him and Fabinho in games like these.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'd play Gomez. I know he's looked raw so far this season but I think that's lack of game time. It's almost like people forgot how good he was first half of last season.

Lovren against these is the weak link, this is elite football and they'll target his relative lack of ability on the ball.

Gomez has the pace to deal with theirs, and is great on the ball from centre half.

Sadly I think Lovren will get the nod though

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

jtpk3hkrz6q31.gif

34 minutes ago, etho said:

Absolutely mental. Gini Wijnaldum is a world class central Midfielder, crucial to how we play, and the only debate is who plays with him and Fabinho in games like these.

Debating whether a guy who has scored 4 goals in two weeks from midfield and who has killed City in the past should play above Wijnaldum isn't mental. You'd think I said Elliott should play instead of Mane. 

Henderson is the one who isn't debatable because he protects Trent. Unless he's injured there's a 100% chance he plays. 

Take a one nil lead. See City equalise in the 87th minute. Score our winner in the 94th minute. Watch as Anfield explodes and both City players, management, staff and fans sink to their knees in despair, abandoning all hope. Pep to be carried out of Anfield on a stretcher, in the foetal position, hugging himself and giggle-crying hysterically about how ‘they’ can’t be stopped.

Fade out.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

Take a one nil lead. See City equalise in the 87th minute. Score our winner in the 94th minute. Watch as Anfield explodes and both City players, management, staff and fans sink to their knees in despair, abandoning all hope. Pep to be carried out of Anfield on a stretcher, in the foetal position, hugging himself and giggle-crying hysterically about how ‘they’ can’t be stopped.

Fade out.

Although this sounds great I’m not sure my nerves will take it!!

• Upvote 2