Quantcast
Never mind the bollocks - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Butch

Never mind the bollocks

Absolutely. One of the greatest albums of all time. Had the privilege of seeing them live at the Isle of Wight festival. Eventful evening to say the least. 

Johnny Rotten is a bad gobshite but who cares. 

Big fan of The Clash, The Jam, New York Dolls, Iggy....

Skids like Greenday

Redderz is a massive The Damned fan 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Absolutely. One of the greatest albums of all time. Had the privilege of seeing them live at the Isle of Wight festival. Eventful evening to say the least. 

Skids like Greenday

Wish you’d make your mind up on who I like.

• Upvote 1

Still a boss album. 

That first wave of UK punk had some great stuff. 

Clash, Adverts, Damned, Buzzcocks, X Ray Spex, Rezillos, Undertones, Stiff Little Fingers, Jam, Ruts all made killer albums. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

One of the most overrated bands of all time are The Pistols. 

Still this is an important album as it’s a big fuck you to the establishment. 

No one was overated as much as fucking Queen.

Great album. I have fond memories of phoning in a request for "Bodies" from our university radio station, the only one in the country with an FM licence, and under strict rules about what they can broadcast. They got about half way through the track before stopping it.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Staring at yourself in a mirror sounds a bit too new wave / new romantic for me ta. 

Sounds like a Psychedelic Furs B-side. 

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Great album. I have fond memories of phoning in a request for "Bodies" from our university radio station, the only one in the country with an FM licence, and under strict rules about what they can broadcast. They got about half way through the track before stopping it.

Arguably your best ever post on here that. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Skids like Greenday

Would have loved to have seen them live, mad cunts. Rotten was brilliant. 

1 minute ago, Butch said:

I saw them in Belgium after they reformed to make cash. Support was Buzzcocks, New York Dolls and The Kids. 

• Upvote 1

Two of my mates got barred from the local Surinaamse takeaway years ago for being arsey drunk. It's called Moxy's.

When one of them is getting a takeaway now it is traditional to sing "Banned from the Moxy, OK, Didn’t want to go there, anyway" to them. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Still a boss album. 

That first wave of UK punk had some great stuff. 

Clash, Adverts, Damned, Buzzcocks, X Ray Spex, Rezillos, Undertones, Stiff Little Fingers, Jam, Ruts all made killer albums. 

You've covered most of my favourites there Cloggy , along with The Vibrators, Magazine and Costello ( new wave rather than punk ? ) Stateside , Television are worth a shout and obviously The Ramones.

2 hours ago, Butch said:

They were great to be fair. I'd gone with a load of mates and took our kid for his 16th birthday. It was his first festival. Barely saw him most days because he pulled some bird pretty much as soon as we all got our tents up. Promised we would watch the Pistols together because I wanted to make sure he saw one of the most important bands ever and didn't end up in the dance tent watching fucking case n status or some shit. 

We got quite near the front (Rare for me I hate being right down there) and it was just full of fellas. As soon as Pretty vacant kicked i  the place went fucking mental, our kid shit himself and as I'm grabbing onto him he just asked me to get him out of it. Took him over to the right and got him a beer. I went to walk off "Where are you going?" "Right back in there you fucking wimp" 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I saw them in Belgium after they reformed to make cash. Support was Buzzcocks, New York Dolls and The Kids. 

Fucks sake what an ace gig that must have been