You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Never mind the bollocks

Butch

Absolutely. One of the greatest albums of all time. Had the privilege of seeing them live at the Isle of Wight festival. Eventful evening to say the least. 

Johnny Rotten is a bad gobshite but who cares. 

Big fan of The Clash, The Jam, New York Dolls, Iggy....

Skids like Greenday

Redderz is a massive The Damned fan 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Absolutely. One of the greatest albums of all time. Had the privilege of seeing them live at the Isle of Wight festival. Eventful evening to say the least. 

Skids like Greenday

Wish you’d make your mind up on who I like.

• Upvote 1

Great album. I have fond memories of phoning in a request for "Bodies" from our university radio station, the only one in the country with an FM licence, and under strict rules about what they can broadcast. They got about half way through the track before stopping it.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Great album. I have fond memories of phoning in a request for "Bodies" from our university radio station, the only one in the country with an FM licence, and under strict rules about what they can broadcast. They got about half way through the track before stopping it.

Arguably your best ever post on here that. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Skids like Greenday

Would have loved to have seen them live, mad cunts. Rotten was brilliant. 

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Still a boss album. 

That first wave of UK punk had some great stuff. 

Clash, Adverts, Damned, Buzzcocks, X Ray Spex, Rezillos, Undertones, Stiff Little Fingers, Jam, Ruts all made killer albums. 

You've covered most of my favourites there Cloggy , along with The Vibrators, Magazine and Costello ( new wave rather than punk ? ) Stateside , Television are worth a shout and obviously The Ramones.

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Would have loved to have seen them live, mad cunts. Rotten was brilliant. 

They were great to be fair. I'd gone with a load of mates and took our kid for his 16th birthday. It was his first festival. Barely saw him most days because he pulled some bird pretty much as soon as we all got our tents up. Promised we would watch the Pistols together because I wanted to make sure he saw one of the most important bands ever and didn't end up in the dance tent watching fucking case n status or some shit. 

We got quite near the front (Rare for me I hate being right down there) and it was just full of fellas. As soon as Pretty vacant kicked i  the place went fucking mental, our kid shit himself and as I'm grabbing onto him he just asked me to get him out of it. Took him over to the right and got him a beer. I went to walk off "Where are you going?" "Right back in there you fucking wimp" 

• Upvote 1