You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR - The Verdict

Vincent Vega

VAR Verdict   

81 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen with VAR?

• Get rid of it right now
    • Keep it, these are just teething problems
    • Persevere with it for now and review it at the end of the season

I didn’t want it anyway after seeing it at the World Cup and in the CL, but I never dreamt it would be implemented by the PL as badly as it has, they have made it a complete clusterfuck.

Even if it may benefit us from time to time I’d prefer to go back to the football we’ve always known, despite the incompetence of most of our refs.

It’s obviously been implemented at the behest of tv, but I don’t think they realised that it could slowly kill their product. It’s fucking appalling for the fans at the game.

virgil_van_dijk_interview.jpg?itok=7VHkr

“Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fans. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent VAR vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta against VAR, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily this VAR vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me VVD”

Jib it off now 

The clowns running it have totally fucked it up, and will continue to do so.

Something brought in to improve decision making and fix errors has just created more bad calls and even worse has compounded poor calls as the clowns running it are incompetent .

The stupid 'high bar' that saw not a single pen call overruled in 90 games was suddenly lowered last week to create more inconsistency and bad calls.

Today we saw them call Bobby offside for his armpit supposedly being offside with a shite dotted line drawn on a crap angle and at a crap angle.

It is also sucking the joy out of the game with reviews of goals.

Fuck it off, it will never work in the hands of clowns like Martin Atkinson et al.

• Upvote 1

Hate to say it after today's shit show but Im in favour of VAR. I keep repeating it isnt VAR that's at fault, it is the interpretation of the VAR officials and restriction on refs not using the pitch side monitor that's the problem. Add in fucking bent, incompetents like atkinson and you see the problems.

All this shite comes from PGMOL mike riley. He wants to use it his way and Im pretty adamant, that's different to other European leagues who are using it.

The bottom line is even without VAR Bobby's goal would have been ruled out because the lino flagged. Not having VAR wouldnt change that and we'd still be arguing over the goal.

• Upvote 2

Didn't want it from the start but it's been far worse than I ever expected. I was against it because of how it takes away the emotion of the moment. 

That's actually not even been the biggest problem. The biggest problem is it's leading to even more controversy than before.

As I said on twitter. I can live with officials getting things wrong in real time as it's a difficult job (like Bobby's goal today when the linesman flagged). What I can't accept is these twats looking at a video and STILL making blatantly incorrect decisions.

The Arsenal disallowed goal last weekend is perhaps the worst decision I've ever seen, because the twat who gave that had access to several angles and slo motion replays not one of which showed a foul by the Arsenal player, yet he still disallowed the goal.

• Upvote 5

If they persist with it into next season I'm going to find something else to do with my weekends & I genuinely mean that.

I can't even put into words how bad it is, I think Shankly would be turning in his grave at what they've done to Football in the last 30 years & this shite is the icing on the cake.

Utter, utter bollocks.

• Upvote 3

I don't understand the argument of teething problems or it will take time. That's bollox, the idea behind it was to overturn wrong decisions to right ones. What is so hard about that, use the video available to you and get it right. Villa's goal today is onside on first viewing, you don't need to spend 2 minutes trying to find a snot that is offside. Same with Bobby's, it's onside and you can see it instantly.

Get rid at the end of the season, the negatives out weigh the positives a million to one.

• Upvote 2

I was against it from before the season started, but i did'nt realise it was going to be this bad.

I genuinely can't understand what the people using it are seeing anymore. Even Lineker who was staunchly behind it is turning away from it now...

I was a big proponent of it before as I thought it would go a big way to clearing up a lot of ambiguity around the game, but they have have somehow found a way to make a total arse of it and it has made things even more confused than before.

• Upvote 2

Did anyone expect anything different from the incompetent fuckwits that run the game ?

Common sense is being taken out of the equation in favour of technology being used by nobs who haven't got a fucking clue.  And the galling thing is that the sheer majority of fans can see that.