Quantcast
Genk (H) Champions League 5/11 - 20:00 - Page 8 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Genk (H) Champions League 5/11 - 20:00

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

He’s getting better at this scoring goals thing. 

Hopefully it's not a purple patch as throughout his career he's never been a renowned goal getter. Maybe his injury has given him goal scoring powers.

Ox easily our best midfielder when looking for a goal atm. Nice to have some burden taken off the front three and robbo

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

What game are you watching?  He’s probably been our best player.

Mate, how long have you been here? This is the FF match thread. Hysteria, doom and gloom are default positions.....

• Upvote 1

We’ve been really good other than a 10 min spell and absolutely dominated.  Salah has been under the radar brilliant for me.  Loads of nice touches.  Gomez’s passing has been really good as has Trents defending.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Hopefully it's not a purple patch as throughout his career he's never been a renowned goal getter. Maybe his injury has given him goal scoring powers.

He’s not scared of having a dig, that’s for sure. 

• Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• If any of Elliot, Pedro, Jones , Williams, Larouche, Hoever (who I think are all in the first team squad) would prefer a holiday to a first team appearance then they're probably at the wrong club. I expect Adrian would want to play as well. Add a few fringe seniors who need to get match fit and we can field a team which ought to be good enough without any real impact on the first team squad. 
    • You , Matip, Lovren, Fab,  made a mess of it. Now clean up! Surely the only way.
    • Good report and I agree with almost all of it.    I thought Fabinho was way off the mark against Wolves as well but the substitution worked because it allowed Gini and Hendo to push on and Wolves we're starting to flag.  He badly needs games not a beach lounger.    Matip, Lovren and Fabinho own this result and they should take responsibility for sorting it out rather than set up our non-squad youngsters for what could be a humiliation at Anfield. 
    • Mate, Im just trying to debate with you like you were sat opposite me in a pub. Im not being arsey.   But I think some people are missing what seems pretty obvious to me about this break. People ask, why do players like Lovren, Matip, Fab and a few others need a break, why dont they go in for training.   The way I see it is this. Klopp wants to refresh the players so he says everyone connected with the first team, that's him, players, physios, coaching staff and players have a break. That means even if Matip, Lovren and Fab come in for training, there's no first team coaching, no training drills and set pieces on the pitch. They need everyone in for that because they train for specific opponents and not just running around etc.   Klopp has said, all the players will have personal routines to do during the break to maintain their fitness or in the case of Matip and co, build it up.   People seem to think at this stage of the season, training is mainly running around the pitch and doing sprints. Im sure they do a little of this but at this stage training really is all about the opponents play, how to defend against their set pieces and practice ours.   I really dont agree with your assessment of big money competitions is preventing lower league clubs fielding full strength sides. Like I said, roughly the top and bottom 8 clubs in each league outside the PL are more intent fighting for promotion or relegation.   Ive said many times Im more than happy for Liverpool and other PL clubs to let lower league sides keep all the gate money from home cup draws. The FA stopped these clubs swapping home advantage to get a big payday at places like Anfield.   I saw someone post who doesnt want to better united's 1999 treble. Who doesnt? But united had won the title how many times under ferguson when they did that, was it 4 or 5 times? They didnt do a treble in 99 after going 27 years without winning the title.   city won a treble last season but, look at the number of easy draws they had in both domestic cups. And I'll argue all day it cost them a billion quid to do it.   You're right, an extra game against shrewsbury will not cause us to lose the title. But then in the next rounds if we drew city, united, chelsea and arsenal (yeah, bump draw luck I know) people would want our strongest team put out to face them. Those additional games on top of CL games would have an impact and potentially injuries.   If league performances dropped off as a result, the nerves inside Anfield would be like a crescendo and that would cause a massive wobble.   In my opinion, we need to get the 30 year monkey off our back before we start acting like kiddies in a sweet shop and saying I want the FA Cup as well or I want a treble as well. And Im sorry but you only need look at threads to see loads of people on here are going on about smashing city's points total and going unbeaten.   For what it's worth, I think once we do get over the line, we very likely will lose a couple of league games as, if we're still in the CL, Jurgen targets retaining that trophy and resting more of the elite players.
    • That's actually brilliant. 
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors