You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Genk (H) Champions League 5/11 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Why are we doing this to ourselves? We keep doing brilliant up to the box but our finishing has been fucking awful since Sheffield United away. We've been poor and made way harder work thanx that needed to be. 

On the biggest of plus sides, we won. I think we need to beat Napoli to be honest, a draw and we'll more than likely need to go to Salzburg to get a result, a draw or a win, depending on their result against genk.

Up the nerves are a jangling reds 

Guest Pistonbroke

Played some nice stuff in the second half but not clinical enough in and around the box, apart from a great finish from Ox. Kind of made those last 15 minutes a bit uncomfortable, not because of how the game was panning out but purely down to the scoreline. We had one daft moment where they got in behind Gomez and I flapped a bit and another shot which Alisson did the bizz with. I honestly don't want Gomez anywhere near the pitch against City unless we are 4-0 up. The other game ended in a 1-1 draw so just go to Salzburg and go for the three points, although a draw would see us through to the last 16. 

I know the opponents were poor but Ox looks like he is getting back in the groove which can only be good for us, he certainly knows where the net is. Origi didn't disappoint and i thought TAA was very good as well. Salah looked to be getting back to full fitness, just a bit unlucky at times. On to City, and I hope they get kicked all over the park tomorrow. 

Edit: Just realised we have Napoli at home next. Just beat the racist bastards and we are through. 

17 minutes ago, Anubis said:

We haven’t sat back. Genk are on the verge of going out and so they’ve had a go last twenty. And our passing has been pretty good. Calm down and have a cup of tea.

We couldn't beat their press for a few mins and given how we love doing things the hard way,it wouldn't have been beyond us to let them in again, which they nearly decided! Its just frustrating we can't put games to bed like we should be doing to make games boring. I've had loads of tea. Can't ever stomach anything more solid anytime we play

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, niallers said:

We couldn't beat their press for a few mins and given how we love doing things the hard way,it wouldn't have been beyond us to let them in again, which they nearly decided! Its just frustrating we can't put games to bed like we should be doing to make games boring. I've had loads of tea. Can't ever stomach anything more solid anytime we play

Alcohol helps, definitely takes the edge off.

Guest Pistonbroke

TBH our senior 11 are due a game where they find their shooting boots, I'd rather it was against City than Genk, plus we got the 3 points without stretching ourselves. 

1 minute ago, aws said:

Beat Napoli or don't lose in Salzburg. Not too bad a position after losing the first game. 

Its not but shame Napoli didn't get the win as a draw would have done us both. 

Don't want to have to go to Salzburg and get a result the way we are leaking goals. Be nice to rest some players game 6

11 minutes ago, aws said:

Beat Napoli or don't lose in Salzburg. Not too bad a position after losing the first game. 

Great, a game against our bogey side and another against a team less predictable than a magic 8 ball! 

We turn up against Napoli though and we'll beat them.