You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Genk (H) Champions League 5/11 - 20:00

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, clockspeed said:

I blame Mane and here's why. His legitimate response to what happened a few weeks ago should not have been made in public. Salah has had an injury but the resulting commentary has affected him . I feel he is trying to put other players in at times when his first instinct is to shoot . That indecision is resulting in his timing being off like last night. Salah is in poor touch anyway and only taking on worldies and chasing lost causes . He  needs to flip it around shoot first or dead cert pass second. Ox decision making correct last night for his goal. Salah is trying too hard to pick out passes now needs back to what he did against chelsea last year . In fact the pair of them need to forget about the other and just shoot Bobby will sort the carving out of the chances. 

Did you say this in your head before writing it? 

This is what is happening now and it is clearly making problems for the team. Salah could have about four assists from last night instead of just one. That would have done his confidence the world of good - much more than any goals would. 

Everyone knows he can score goals for fun. He doesn't have to prove that. He's a great player too, he doesn't have to prove that either. He just needs to create goals and score them when appropriate to ensure the team are making the most of their chances. He's not doing that right now. But he will be fine along with the rest of the team who are all playing very well. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Did you say this in your head before writing it? 

This is what is happening now and it is clearly making problems for the team. Salah could have about four assists from last night instead of just one. That would have done his confidence the world of good - much more than any goals would. 

Everyone knows he can score goals for fun. He doesn't have to prove that. He's a great player too, he doesn't have to prove that either. He just needs to create goals and score them when appropriate to ensure the team are making the most of their chances. He's not doing that right now. But he will be fine along with the rest of the team who are all playing very well.

I see indecision in making passes and shooting. He needs to be more instinctive again do his own thing. Personally I think he has been targeted physically on the pitch and in the media ref diving etc as another poster said don't need other teammates body language fuelling jealousy/greed/discord rumours. As you say think they will be fine it would be nice to see all three clicking together at same time. 

10 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

I see indecision in making passes and shooting. He needs to be more instinctive again do his own thing. Personally I think he has been targeted physically on the pitch and in the media ref diving etc as another poster said don't need other teammates body language fuelling jealousy/greed/discord rumours. As you say think they will be fine it would be nice to see all three clicking together at same time. 

Opposition teams have learnt how to play them more effectively is the main reason they are not scoring for fun.

In turn that frustrates them and they don't pass when they should or in Salah's case try to beat one man too many.

Credit other teams adapting not look for internal fault lines. We're still winning games and Klopp is mixing up the strategy by giving Origi more time and having Ox back to add more midfield threat. Personally I would like to see us bring in another striker as Shaqiri seems a lost cause. That's easier said than done of course. Anyway most teams would still bite our hands off for our front 3 .