You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Genk (H) Champions League 5/11 - 20:00

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

I hope and expect Mo to be left out of the starting 11 and Gomez in for Lovren.  Midfield can be rotated but the question is whether to rest the FB's . I doubt Klopp will tbh 

I think it depends if he starts Ox and Keita. I don't think he plays both of those and two fullbacks that bomb on. 

On 02/11/2019 at 18:35, Trumo said:

Ruthlessness. Focus. Incisiveness. Goals. Points. Rest.

I don't ask for much.

No more acronyms. Just do the above, web Genk all over Anfield, boost our goal difference and (if Napoli also win their game) put ourselves within touching distance of the knockout phase.

Solidity. Tenacity.  Unbeatable Persistence.  Indefatigability. Dominance.

Strength. Endurance. Xenophilia. Yelling.

Fortitude. Legs. Attitude. Nerve. Directness. Excellence. Relentlessness. Skill.

I don't ask for much.

It's like I'm asking for nothing at all.

• Upvote 4

On a positive note, since this season's only defeat at Napoli, the stats are as follows-

P: 10 / W: 8 / D: 2 / L: 0

Goals For: 25  /  Goals Against: 14

- One of the draws was the Arsenal LC tie, making the above stats a little more impressive. 

- Only 2 clean sheets kept in that run (MK Dons, Sheffield United)

- Only 9 of the 25 goals scored have been from the front 3 (Bobby 1, Mane 4, Mo 4)

- The 16 'other' goals: Ox 3, Milner 3, Div 2, Robbo 2, TAA 1, Hoever 1, Gini 1, Lallana 1, Hendo 1, OG (Mustafi) 1

Overall, it's a nice balance of goals coming from both midfield (9) and the fullbacks (4), considering the front 3 haven't been at their absolute best, nor have there been any goals from central defenders at set pieces, generally another strong point of this team. 

Hopefully it means Klopp can continue to trust the bench players to get the job done and properly rest the first XI when required. 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

He will play Lovren and Virg against City so I'd rather they played tomorrow for consistency. I think he will rest the fullbacks and Mo. I also think Milner will play as he didn't feature at all on Saturday and likely won't start against city. Hence:

Alli

Gomez     Lovren     van Dijk     Milner

Fabinho
              Ox              Keita

Mane                                 Origi
                    Firmino

Subs: Adrian, Trent, Robbo, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Salah

Something like that would have more than enough for Genk.

Agree that this would be a good week to give Robbo and Trent a break.