You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Oct 26 - Nov 1 2019)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Oct 26:

Danny Murphy says Liverpool would take Harry Kane over Bobby. Go home, Danny, you’re drunk. If he’d said Kane is better than Firmino then that’s a discussion that can be had. They’re totally different players but both are world class at what they do. murphy didn’t say that though, and what he said displays a staggering ignorance of how Liverpool play. 

I hate Harry Kane, but I’m not going to try and undermine how good he is. Similarly, I’m not claiming that Bobby is the best striker on the planet, but he is 100% the best striker on the planet for the system and style we play. Murphy should know that, and probably does. But making a daft statement like that has got people talking about him so job done, I guess. Danny Murphy the pundit is as bad as some of his critics unfairly labelled Danny Murphy the player.

Meanwhile, the u18s got spanked 4-0 by City today. Not really a surprise as we’ve got a really young side this year and City are always very strong.

The u23s drew 0-0 at home to Blackburn. They had no strikers as Elliott is still banned for calling Harry Kane a ‘fucking mong’ and Brewster was left out, presumably with an eye on Wednesday night. Curtis Jones only played an hour, which suggests he’ll be involved on Wednesday but won’t be starting. Neco Williams and Sepp Van den Berg didn’t play either so expect to see them against Arsenal too.

Sunday Oct 27:

L 2  Spurs 1 A big boy win that. Spurs may have been shite this season but we know what they can do when they’re on, and they were more up for this game than I’ve seen them all season. We were still by far the better side but they made it difficult, not least because they were time wasting from minute two. Not that I blame them, we haven’t lost at home for two and a half years so having gotten in front it made sense for them to waste as much time as they could. 

Of course Anthony Taylor allowed it. He also fell for the constant diving from Kane and Rose, but no surprise there. He did give us a pen, but it was so blatant that not even he could have turned that one down, especially as VAR changed tack this weekend and is now over-ruling incorrect calls (as well as some correct ones, like at Arsenal today).

I thought we were outstanding today. 2-1 doesn’t reflect how well we played, but we’re just fucking relentless and never ease up until the job is done. Only for their back up keeper having the game of his life this would have been a rout. Great performances all over the pitch, but Fabinho… fucking hell. The destroying aspect of his game is the thing that gets him noticed, but not enough is made of his passing ability. So many times he was hitting those little diagonal balls out wide, and we scored from one of those.  What a player. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, index1000 said:

Ok i have to ask mate, her and Danielle or Danielle's wonky tits?

Not sure if the thread is still available on here, index.

It was a Danielle ( Lloyd ? ) one with the sort of comments you might expect on a glamour model type thread , culminating in a topless picture which was supposed to show her boob job as ' wonky '. At some point her actual mother ( The girl is from Liverpool originally I think ) must have got wind of the thread somehow and waded in here as a guest kicking off at the posters involved.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

It was a Danielle ( Lloyd ? ) one with the sort of comments you might expect on a glamour model type thread , culminating in a topless picture which was supposed to show her boob job as ' wonky '. At some point her actual mother ( The girl is from Liverpool originally I think ) must have got wind of the thread somehow and waded in here as a guest kicking off at the posters involved.

You don't get pure Comedy Gold like that on RaWK or GoT

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, sir roger said:

How did I miss this?

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

Wasn't that a different Danielle? 

So Dave. All in all, a good response to your column. 

Next time, save your right index finger the hassle of pressing all those keys and just post a pic of some bird's baps (as I believe they're called). Increase hits and less pain; win win. 

• Upvote 1

Good weekly round up, Dave.  Plenty of talking points:

Danny M - well he's obviously taken note of what crap Robbie Savage comes out with and is trying to out do him.

Ljinders press conference coverage was insightful as he seems to give a bit more away about how we try to play than Klopp does.

As for the Hendo comments - why are these people wasting our oxygen? They're so off track they should be at Goodison.

Basic facts - Hendo is in the team because Klopp wants him in the team as Hendo knows what is expected of him.  Hendo is the captain of the team because Klopp wants that as well - and he has the respect of all the others in the team.  Football is a team game and the "best team" is not the 11 most talented (best) players it's the 11 players who can get the most out of both their talent and the other 10 on the team whilst making sure they perform consistently well.

As for the Keita-Hendo comparison - well we all saw how good Keita was on Wednesday.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic