You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fixture Pile up

Lee909

I assume we take our first team and a few youngsters out to play the semi on the Wednesday. Use a team similar to the side who played Arsenal to play Villa on the Tuesday and then fly most of them out on the Wednesday to supplement the squad for the Saturday game. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, aws said:

I assume we take our first team and a few youngsters out to play the semi on the Wednesday. Use a team similar to the side who played Arsenal to play Villa on the Tuesday and then fly most of them out on the Wednesday to supplement the squad for the Saturday game. 

Not going to give the players time to get acclimatised to the local conditions in Doha though. Id be majorly surprised if the club did this.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Not going to give the players time to get acclimatised to the local conditions in Doha though. Id be majorly surprised if the club did this.

That's a good point but I expect they'd only be on the bench. 

20 minutes ago, aws said:

I assuming Klopp wanted to give the squad players and kids starts in the semi final first game in Doha. Won't want the main players playing twice in a few days 

From the Guardian:

The European champions have given a commitment to the EFL to field a team in the quarter-finals “that is largely consistent with those that have participated in earlier rounds of this season’s competition” and meets the competition’s selection requirements

14 minutes ago, J-V said:

Fuck the League Cup off.

Nah it's an old favorite of ours , it was good enough for Sir Bob and co so it's good enough for me . 

Plus the semis are gonna be tasty and I want to be in amongst them 

The world club fiasco should be us against the south American champions , never mind all the other bollocks 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I assuming Klopp wanted to give the squad players and kids starts in the semi final first game in Doha. Won't want the main players playing twice in a few days 

I'm sure that was the original idea but I can't see how he's going to avoid the seniors  playing twice in a week now.  We've promised to play a side at Villa of similar strength to our previous League Cup games so that probably means leaving the likes of Gomez, Milner, Keita, Lallana and Origi behind.  And assuming everyone in the squad is fit we'd travel with the first team plus Lovren, Shaq, Ox and kids for the bench. 

9 minutes ago, moof said:

And we have Leicester away 2 days after we arrive home from Qatar. Cunts

Games on the 22nd. Reckon the club will fly them back hours later surely. Especially with Xmas and Leicester games. 

Final will be done and finished by 9pm. Surely the club will fly them back that night so they can train at home on 24th

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Games on the 22nd. Reckon the club will fly them back hours later surely. Especially with Xmas and Leicester games. 

Final will be done and finished by 9pm. Surely the club will fly them back that night so they can train at home on 24th

Fair play. It’s still a massive ball ache though. If we come through that period still in first place then I don’t think anything will stop us 

1 minute ago, moof said:

Fair play. It’s still a massive ball ache though. If we come through that period still in first place then I don’t think anything will stop us 

Yeah the next month or two is mental and will really stretch the squad. Brewster has not looked close to helping in league games from what I've seen in the cup games either. Could really do with whatever the fucks going on with Shaqiri to get sorted and another forward but I doubt it will happen. 

Could do with City not beating all the big sides they've got coming up. 

Oh and a win for us and Napoli tonight will help. Then play out a nice friendly draw at Anfield and game 6 doesn't matter

29 minutes ago, moof said:

And we have Leicester away 2 days after we arrive home from Qatar. Cunts

Makes you wonder if the club will keep them in Doha for a warm weather training stint then literally just fly back before the Leicester game?

It would only happen in England where the football authorities would screw up the reigning European Champions, going for the World Club title and domestic title. Spain, Germany, Italy would all suspend the relevant league games for 'their' club but England? Nah, let's screw them in a domestic cup competition, make it harder for them to win the World Club title and make the bastards play a competitive league fixture 2 days after they get back.

Fucking bunch of cunts.

• Upvote 1

No good that will come from this. Unnecessary games in a contrived FIFA cup in a blazing hot country (that bans homs and lezzas just in case any such fans - or players or staff - were considering travelling), and a tricky league cup tie in the middle of fixture congestion that is already asking too much of our players. 

If we lose the "Club Cup" we won't care, just as nobody else will care if we win it. We should be fielding the U23s in the League Cup anyway. 

Seriously, if you wanted to put the components in place to derail our chances of winning the Premier league title...