Quantcast
Neco Williams - Page 6 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aRdja

Neco Williams

2 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Hendo playing helped obviously.

And Matip. He's had Phillips and the other Williams with him the past 2 games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I thought Matip was excellent tonight.

He’s a fucking great player. Young fella done ok tonight. Big help having his captain keeping an eye on him. 

17 minutes ago, corro said:

He’s a fucking great player. Young fella done ok tonight. Big help having his captain keeping an eye on him. 

It's the way you want to see young lads blooded in big games with top-quality senior pros around them.

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Cafu didn't really rate Flanagan, he was just tickled by the fact Liverpool supporters semi-jokingly referred to Flanagan as "Scouse Cafu".

My guess is you’re right. Flanagan was a very limited player with a big heart.

29 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I thought Matip was excellent tonight.

Yup, Matip was also the reason milner wasn't crucified against leicester. Sniffed out ever attack before it even started.

Shane he's made of crisps. 

How old is he? From social media I’ve seen he takes a lot of shit but surely he’s rising to it and played well tonight. Have to give him time to learn surely 

Remember Trent got his ass handed to him by Rashford at Old Trafford and dropped bollocks all the time. I guess time will tell. Some people will rise to it and others just can’t cut it. 

If we criticize him when he's been terrible, you have to praise him when he does a nice job, and he did a nice job in this one. Showed way more ability on the ball. 

1 hour ago, Ginny said:

Remember Trent got his ass handed to him by Rashford at Old Trafford and dropped bollocks all the time. I guess time will tell. Some people will rise to it and others just can’t cut it. 

Yea I remember trent getting caught out by the top class Rashford, I don't remember trent getting subbed at half time twice against the absolute shite that is Brighton though. 

Brilliant game from Neco. Nice cross for the goal. He was definitely targeted with Tadic often drifting to his side, but he coped well. Happy for him.

He was better tonight.

Still looks tentative too often with ball at his feet going forward and stops, checks and then passes it backwards too often....hopefully the ball he put in that we scored off will help his confidence and he starts to look to do more when he has it.

5 hours ago, Grinch said:

Yea I remember trent getting caught out by the top class Rashford, I don't remember trent getting subbed at half time twice against the absolute shite that is Brighton though. 

Seems like a waste of a substitution if you’ve already done it once.

Delighted for him, he really needed back especially with Trent back and a spell out of the team ahead. Klopps interview was both revealing and reassuring. He confirmed Neco is brilliant he's just been playing shite. Nice to hear from the bosses mouth.

Also confirmed Trent had Covid, that was only ever a rumour as far as I know. Another one we can tick off as having had it and no need to worry about for the rest of the season.

On 02/12/2020 at 00:14, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

My guess is you’re right. Flanagan was a very limited player with a big heart.

Flanagan was shite.

I think the thread deserves a bump for a good performance.  It was looking grim for him a couple of weeks back but the last two games he showed why Klopp wanted to go with him as Trents back up.  Tells you a lot about his character I think.  Under a lot of pressure and he’s stepped up.

• Upvote 1

He’s kept it simple and made decisions quicker. I think he was trying too hard before to do something special almost every time he had a bit of space. 

He's a good player who plays  better when surrounded by better players. He'll make mistakes like all young players but has a good chance of developing into a really good player. 

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

I think the thread deserves a bump for a good performance.  It was looking grim for him a couple of weeks back but the last two games he showed why Klopp wanted to go with him as Trents back up.  Tells you a lot about his character I think.  Under a lot of pressure and he’s stepped up.

Tells you a lot about the mentality of modern football fans, particular on horrendous Facebook groups.

Everything has to be instant, having patience for a kid in an injury ravaged team is incomprehensible to their tiny minds. And the panicking quims on here calling for him to be subbed after 2 minutes aren’t much better either. 

8 hours ago, aws said:

He's a good player who plays  better when surrounded by better players. He'll make mistakes like all young players but has a good chance of developing into a really good player. 

Just really unfortunate for him that one of the worlds top left backs is in the team and just 22 years old. Once Trent's back, when is Neco going to get enough top level game time to develop?