Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aRdja

Neco Williams

Recommended Posts

Being the weak link is worsened because he's the link targeted most. I feel bad for him in one way but in another I think a young lad playing for Liverpool and Country he's is going to smash absolutely smash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Baltar said:

He's beginning to remind me of Flanagan, promising start but getting found out at this level.

I also think that if he is bothered about Social Media he is going to struggle mentally at the top level. Just listen to your manager and coaches young man,nobody else matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I also think that if he is bothered about Social Media he is going to struggle mentally at the top level. Just listen to your manager and coaches young man,nobody else matters.


Are you saying us top experts on here dont matter? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Baltar said:

He's beginning to remind me of Flanagan, promising start but getting found out at this level.

Genuinely bonkers to think that both he and Martin Kelly are England internationals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2020 at 18:03, SlugTrail said:

This season we have moved more towards the 4 2 3 1 it seems to make the centre harder to break down but the wings are more exposed.

Erm, no we haven't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In total speculation mode: I can see him heading to Rangers in 12-24 months.

 

I think that's about his level, which is good but not good enough for Liverpool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ron B said:

Genuinely bonkers to think that both he and Martin Kelly are England internationals

Martin Kelly was class for a season. He was rapid, and great in the air. He has lost a yard of pace since and he’s now a serviceable PL level defender i.e. a level above Jon Flanagan.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aRdja said:

Martin Kelly was class for a season. He was rapid, and great in the air. He has lost a yard of pace since and he’s now a serviceable PL level defender i.e. a level above Jon Flanagan.

Yeah, but Flanno was rated even by Cafu when he was a youngster and Cafu knows a thing or two about playing right-back.

Om not having a pop at either player, it’s just bonkers to see how they peaked so early, because very quickly neither of them were anywhere near our first team still less the England squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, aRdja said:

Martin Kelly was class for a season. He was rapid, and great in the air. He has lost a yard of pace since and he’s now a serviceable PL level defender i.e. a level above Jon Flanagan.

Kelly got injured a lot, didn’t he ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arnaud said:

Kelly got injured a lot, didn’t he ?

Yeah, and he got a real bad knee injury I think, before he left us 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ron B said:

Yeah, but Flanno was rated even by Cafu when he was a youngster and Cafu knows a thing or two about playing right-back.

Om not having a pop at either player, it’s just bonkers to see how they peaked so early, because very quickly neither of them were anywhere near our first team still less the England squad. 

Cafu didn't really rate Flanagan, he was just tickled by the fact Liverpool supporters semi-jokingly referred to Flanagan as "Scouse Cafu".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warnock did ok right ? Can’t rally remember, except a goal he scored at Anfield, in a large victory vs Villa or Wigan ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13/14 when we nearly won it I thought Flanagan had a very good season. Glen Johnson came back from injury and everything went tits up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Cafu didn't really rate Flanagan, he was just tickled by the fact Liverpool supporters semi-jokingly referred to Flanagan as "Scouse Cafu".

Did he tell you that?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Flanno played Left Back alot during that season.

Yeah. In fact, I don't remember him playing any other position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Much better tonight. 

Yep. It was a very good performance. Very similar to the levels he reached in his first couple games in the first team. Hope to see more of that.

 

Mostly kept it simple at the back and booted the ball away when needed. Got forward when he could. Good assist, on his left peg no less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×