Quantcast
Neco Williams - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aRdja

Neco Williams

21 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Picked for the senior Welsh squad for the first time.

Good for his development especially as he'll probably be on the bench a lot this season. 

On 09/07/2020 at 11:15, No2 said:

He's a first team player. If we were searching for a back up right back we call off that search. He was caught a few times in situations where Sadio would have bailed him out so overall he can be happy enough with that display. His attitude looks spot on.

He's looked promising going forward and has a youthful determination on the pitch. However he's made some simplistic defending errors in a number of games. The type of mistake to cost us in bigger matches. If you thought there are frailties to Trent's defensive game, Neco is slightly worrying.

Although, I think he has shown positive capabilities in his appearances so far, with dedicated focus to iron out positional mistakes and training with the first team, his development should push on and we'll get a better idea over the next season or two of his full potential.

Didn't see todays games but heard he was caught out a few times, he was at the weekend aswell. To be expected for a young kid who strengths seems to be going the otherway. The whole back 4 has looked sloppy though since we came back from the break and the same in preseason, that needs to change at the weekend against Arsenal before it becomes a worry

Great header to be  honest.

If Harry Wilson can’t play with such a poor Welsh side, hard to see any future for him at Liverpool.

3 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Great header to be  honest.

If Harry Wilson can’t play with such a poor Welsh side, hard to see any future for him at Liverpool.

Wales are unbeaten in their last seven games.

8 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Wales are unbeaten in their last seven games.

I just meant that game, that was poor. Did they qualify for the Euro ?

2 hours ago, Arnaud said:

I just meant that game, that was poor. Did they qualify for the Euro ?

Yeah it was a poor game, I'm not if they qualified, I think they should.

Edit, yeah I think they in a group with Italy, Switzerland and Turkey.

• Upvote 1

From Twitter......

Lucky cunt 

porthmadog grandson scores winner for Wales, relative wins 3.4k...it wasn't me up the the ffycin Port! 1 Neco wiiliams

• Upvote 1

Don't want to be too harsh on the kid but i just don't think he is good enough or will ever be good enough to make it here. He was poor when we put him on against Leicester and poor again yesterday. In possession everything is all wrong. He receives the ball in such a way that he allows himself to be closed down so easily and then his only option is to hit it down the line, and even then more often then not that pass gets cut out. 

I think going forward we will need to buy a better back up cover for Trent next season. Milner was great at right back against Leicester but he can't go on forever. 

He’s gonna be ok. Trent is a freak at right back so anyone coming in will be a poor second. The whole 11 were off it last night. He’ll come on. 

• Upvote 1

I think we need an experienced stop-gap RB, so Neco can have a season or two on loan to speed up his development. When he first came through to the 1st team, he looked confident, but now he seems hesitant; maybe second guessing himself and taking the wrong options. He's definitely a talent, though, and shouldn't be given up on so soon.

He’s not Liverpool standard unfortunately. Seems like a decent lad and has a good attitude.

But he’s out of his depth, no outstanding physical capabilities, ordinary passing range, takes too many touches and his decision making is very poor, he always tries to have a shot within 30 yards of goal which is extremely frustrating.

32 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

He’s not Liverpool standard unfortunately. Seems like a decent lad and has a good attitude.

But he’s out of his depth, no outstanding physical capabilities, ordinary passing range, takes too many touches and his decision making is very poor, he always tries to have a shot within 30 yards of goal which is extremely frustrating.

He is being picked to play for the greatest team in world football, by the best manager in world football and is understudy to the number one right back in world football.  And he's 19 years of age.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, elBooth said:

He is being picked to play for the greatest team in world football, by the best manager in world football and is understudy to the number one right back in world football.  And he's 19 years of age.

Thank you and goodnight. 

Some very tough remarks here. We have a few who deserve it. Those who are never fucking fit for a start. Their fault? No, but always the same ones. A few doing nothing when they play and costing tens of millions. The kid will learn and he may well not make it but he is an international regular and 19 ffs.

I’m not trying to slate the kid whatsoever. He’ll go on to have a decent career I’m sure. But as you’ve alluded fo we’re the best team in the world and we have to aspire to maintain that level. Players have to be absolutely exceptional to have any chance of making here. Look at Hoever and Brewster for instance.

I just don’t see it with Williams.