You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neco Williams

aRdja

1 hour ago, Ginny said:

Remember Trent got his ass handed to him by Rashford at Old Trafford and dropped bollocks all the time. I guess time will tell. Some people will rise to it and others just can’t cut it. 

Yea I remember trent getting caught out by the top class Rashford, I don't remember trent getting subbed at half time twice against the absolute shite that is Brighton though. 

He was better tonight.

Still looks tentative too often with ball at his feet going forward and stops, checks and then passes it backwards too often....hopefully the ball he put in that we scored off will help his confidence and he starts to look to do more when he has it.

Delighted for him, he really needed back especially with Trent back and a spell out of the team ahead. Klopps interview was both revealing and reassuring. He confirmed Neco is brilliant he's just been playing shite. Nice to hear from the bosses mouth.

Also confirmed Trent had Covid, that was only ever a rumour as far as I know. Another one we can tick off as having had it and no need to worry about for the rest of the season.

I think the thread deserves a bump for a good performance.  It was looking grim for him a couple of weeks back but the last two games he showed why Klopp wanted to go with him as Trents back up.  Tells you a lot about his character I think.  Under a lot of pressure and he’s stepped up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

I think the thread deserves a bump for a good performance.  It was looking grim for him a couple of weeks back but the last two games he showed why Klopp wanted to go with him as Trents back up.  Tells you a lot about his character I think.  Under a lot of pressure and he’s stepped up.

Tells you a lot about the mentality of modern football fans, particular on horrendous Facebook groups.

Everything has to be instant, having patience for a kid in an injury ravaged team is incomprehensible to their tiny minds. And the panicking quims on here calling for him to be subbed after 2 minutes aren’t much better either. 

8 hours ago, aws said:

He's a good player who plays  better when surrounded by better players. He'll make mistakes like all young players but has a good chance of developing into a really good player. 

Just really unfortunate for him that one of the worlds top left backs is in the team and just 22 years old. Once Trent's back, when is Neco going to get enough top level game time to develop?