You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (A) 2/11/19 - Premier League 15:00

Bjornebye

You have to wonder why they are having these issues with VAR in England when they dont seem to have them in the Bundesliga, Serie A and presumably La Liga.

I dont see them going to millimetres from a camera angle not perpendicular to the incident especially in the Bundesliga. The PL cannot be the only league in Europe where offsides are down to such fine margins.

I keep saying it, mike riley is a fucking clown. He's the one issuing instructions to his officials how to interpret situations. Everyone in the Sky studio was saying our goal will stand when VAR finishes reviewing it. They were incredulous it was wiped out.

This stuff is down to incompetence. But we need to re group and re organise and let the sense of injustice drive us on.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

For the Firmino thing, the fault is with the linesman. How he saw that as offside is ludicrous. They weren't gonna overturn a decision that had millimeters in it like that one. 

VAR has turned quite a few over this season, both for and against teams. In fact it has been the most consistent thing VAR has got right....apart from that one, obviously. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

For the Firmino thing, the fault is with the linesman. How he saw that as offside is ludicrous, they're as level as it gets. They weren't gonna overturn a decision that had millimeters in it like that one. 

He's either offside or he's not. I don't know whether he was or not personally. But if he's onside they have to overturn it. Why the linesman put his flag up though is mind-boggling. It's pretty clear - you keep the flag down when it's tight. Doesn't make any sense, just makes him look stupid and for what?

We're bucking the trend of the law of averages by not losing since January. We're bound to lose one sometime, not that I'm suggesting we're going to lose today. We're just not on it that half, even though we deserve to be ahead really, or at least level.

Mane needs to stop sulking and let his miss and the free he gave away go out of his mind.

It's gone, get over it. We need one of our middle three tmm connect with the front 3 by running past them. Put gin at the base, get ox on for lallana and go from there. We have been teetering on a bad result lately. We can't keep going to the well to pull things back and we're going behind far too often.

Come on lads. Stop putting us through the ringer

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

You have to wonder why they are having these issues with VAR in England when they dont seem to have them in the Bundesliga, Serie A and presumably La Liga.

I dont see them going to millimetres from a camera angle not perpendicular to the incident especially in the Bundesliga. The PL cannot be the only league in Europe where offsides are down to such fine margins.

I keep saying it, mike riley is a fucking clown. He's the one issuing instructions to his officials how to interpret situations. Everyone in the Sky studio was saying our goal will stand when VAR finishes reviewing it. They were incredulous it was wiped out.

This stuff is down to incompetence. But we need to re group and re organise and let the sense of injustice drive us on.

And we need to sack every single one of these corrupt referees. 

VAR needs fucking off as it is a complete disaster in the hands of the incompetent English officials. It's amazing how shit they are even with a video system to back them up. 

It's like FIFA had a crystal ball and knew even with VAR english officials are a joke and didn't have any at the world cup.

Just now, Leyton388 said:

VAR needs fucking off as it is a complete disaster in the hands of the incompetent English officials. It's amazing how shit they are even with a video system to back them up. 

It's like FIFA had a crystal ball and knew even with VAR english officials are a joke and didn't have any at the world cup.

Yep.

If it isn’t objective, it’s worthless.

2 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

He's either offside or he's not. I don't know whether he was or not personally. But if he's onside they have to overturn it. Why the linesman put his flag up though is mind-boggling. It's pretty clear - you keep the flag down when it's tight. Doesn't make any sense, just makes him look stupid and for what?

I think the issue is that the on field decisions in both cases were upheld and as it was so tight they didn't overule them. At least that will be justification. Still sucks 

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

VAR has turned quite a few over this season, both for and against teams. In fact it has been the most consistent thing VAR has got right....apart from that one, obviously. 

They've proven anything can be made to look offside if they try hard enough. The overturns are all to give offside, not take them away, at least that's what I've noticed.

They sided with the linesman there, Imo, because there wasn't enough evidence to overturn. But it wasn't offside, everyone can see that. It's on the linesman for initially calling it. 

Inconsistency, and VAR hasn't changed that. 

Lino doesn't put his flag up on close offside for opposition, then they get a corner they shouldn't have.

Lino puts his flag up for a close offside against us and even though it wasn't, they won't give it. 

Increasing the idiot officials doesn't help, it just means more mistakes.