You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (A) 2/11/19 - Premier League 15:00

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Looking forward to Dave's report on the disallowed goal.

A big shout to the travelling fans who were clearly audible in the second half even at the 86th minute before we scored the Equalizer

On TV, the winner sounded like the distant roar of 50,000 people.

8 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Was it really that shit? Bar a goal that could've been ruled off but, for me, was rightly allowed* I think we dominated them throughout. Our play in the final third was lacking but we got it done in the end.

We were lucky in the sense that we finally broke through in the last 7 minutes of the game but we thoroughly deserved the result as far as I'm concerned.

We defo deserved the result, but in terms of wayward passing and poor finishing, it was a bad day at the office, IMO.

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think it was shifty , but I suspect Atkinson was deliberately tweaking it to cover the lino who flagged, rather than to punish us.

If that is true, it is still totally wrong. He is there to make sure the correct decision is made not to back the refs at the ground. 

I know you know this but it means Atkinson is one of two things, corrupt or incompetent and for either reason is not fit to do the job.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

If that is true, it is still totally wrong. He is there to make sure the correct decision is made not to back the refs at the ground. 

I know you know this but it means Atkinson is one of two things, corrupt or incompetent and in either case is not fit to do the job.

Not arguing it is right Scooby , they have been covering each others arses all season & Atkinson is a terrible ref , VAR or not.

16 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think it was shifty , but I suspect Atkinson was deliberately tweaking it to cover the lino who flagged, rather than to punish us.

Yep that's my take on it too. Going with the on-field officials whenever they can. It's clear and obvious they are cunts

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

Yep that's my take on it too. Going with the on-field officials whenever they can. It's clear and obvious they are cunts

Sterling wasn't flagged offside against West ham the first day of the season but they still cancelled the goal, over ruling the lino that day,same when mount was ruled offside at Chelsea when the flag was kept down.Every linesman decision this season has had a way lower threshold of error than the referees have had. He wasn't covering the linesman, he was trying to do anything to disallow the goal. The cunt 

20 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I know you know this but it means Atkinson is one of two things, corrupt or incompetent and for either reason is not fit to do the job.

Or both.