You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (A) 2/11/19 - Premier League 15:00

Bjornebye

Watching MOTD thoughts

Zonal marking brought up, FFS we hardly ever concede from set pieces and the offside trap was always going to get out once or twice 

Lallana, - How the fuck does he screw that cutback so badly

Heaton on the winner

source.gif[/img] 

• Upvote 3

Shearer can fuck off. And nobody on our side thinks it’s a dive. 

Can’t be concentrating on the VAR decision as then you’d have to start asking questions about a certain Martin Atkinson and his decisions on Liverpool games.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Did anybody just hear what that bald cunt pep just said on interview for MOTD?

On us. Not our business, it was 1-1 then 1-2, they have done it many times, sometimes by diving and sometimes with good goals. WTF!

MOTD highlights for our game was pathetic. 

It's a clear foul on Mané but it's one of those soft fouls that you'd be pretty pissed if they went against you, I'm actually okay with the non-call there in real time. The issue again is when you bring VAR into it and you're calling offisides on someone because their fucking Armpit (that they can't score with) is offsides so you're applying the letter of the law. If we're applying the letter of the law to offsides then why isn't it applied to penalties? Same with Mané's handball against the red mancs if that's called an intentional handball that affected the play and lead to the goal then how in the fuck are the 3 Villa players that are offisides for their goal not affecting the play? How the fuck is it not a penalty today?

There's different standards for different rules and until that's sorted VAR is absolutely useless, regardless of whether the officiating is competent or not.

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Guardiola is a massive bell end. 

Is there some kind of Mane diving agenda starting? 

He just wants it in referees minds for next week. Mane should pin his comments on the dressing room wall and use them for motivation.

Shit day at the office and three points.

Mane in post match interview ‘I am lucky’ .......no mate, you create your own luck. You’re on your way to being a legend.

Thought the subs worked well, and I love our total football approach. That was a bumpy ride, but I always got the feeling we’d nick it after Robbo’s header. TOP OF THE FUCKING LEAGUE AND STAYING THERE.

48 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Shit day at the office and three points.

Mane in post match interview ‘I am lucky’ .......no mate, you create your own luck. You’re on your way to being a legend.

Thought the subs worked well, and I love our total football approach. That was a bumpy ride, but I always got the feeling we’d nick it after Robbo’s header. TOP OF THE FUCKING LEAGUE AND STAYING THERE.

Was it really that shit? Bar a goal that could've been ruled off but, for me, was rightly allowed* I think we dominated them throughout. Our play in the final third was lacking but we got it done in the end.

We were lucky in the sense that we finally broke through in the last 7 minutes of the game but we thoroughly deserved the result as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Special K said:

I just do not understand this VAR shite. How was that not a pen for Burnley if Mane's goal against the Mancs was disallowed?

The Mané thing wasn't a problem with VAR. It was a problem with a shitty rule-change that now says if a ball makes any contact at all with any part at all of the attacker's arm and he scores, it's handball.  If he doesn't score, it isn't.  If the defender makes the exact same contact, it isn't handball. 

People get paid to fuck around with the rules this way.

So, the question is how Firmino's goal was offside. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

State of that line from the floor to Bobby's arm pit. It isn't even straight ffs. Are VAR using MS paint when drawing those?

FB_IMG_1572719750892.jpg

Forget about the lines. How on earth can his armpit be ahead of his left knee. His knee is ahead of his body and it's impossible to get his armpit that far in front of his body.