You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

14 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Literally 2 candidates, who are no longer candidates, and who should never have been candidates in the first place.

Also, I missed the actual response to my question, just some waffle about how standing down for the Lexit Party is rational.

You chat the most shit out of anyone I have ever come across you deluded obvious moron. 

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yep, I'm a moron. It was obvious when I was passing GCSEs at 14 years of age, and it's obvious now. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha fucking hells bells. Vanessa Mae could play the violin with her teeth when she was 4. 

Just now, Duff Man said:

Improving the chances of a party committed to Brexit, rather then one committed to a 2nd referendum, doesn't seem a great strategy if remaining in the EU is your priority.

But you haven't explained why this principle applies solely to the Liberal Democrats.

Bring back CEEFAX... 

General election: Man who stood as Lord Buckethead changes name - and takes on Boris Johnson

Count Binface has vowed to bring back Ceefax if he beats Boris Johnson in Uxbridge and South Ruislip after changing his name due to a copyright issue

• BY DAN BLOOM
  • 17:00, 14 NOV 2019UPDATED16:25, 14 NOV 2019

The man who stood as 'Lord Buckethead' in the 2017 general election has changed his name - and will take on Boris Johnson.

Comedian Jon Harvey, 39, from Lewisham, south east London, will stand against the Prime Minister in Uxbridge and South Ruislip as Count Binface - two years after he gained 249 votes against Theresa May.

He said he decided to drop the Buckethead name, which originated from a cult 1984 US film called Hyperspace, after a copyright tussle with the film's creator.

The Count, who gave his age as 5,965 galactic years, confirmed tonight that he will stand on a ticket promising to bring back Ceefax

And he challenged Boris Johnson's claim that his Brexit deal is "oven-ready", saying: "I say it is shop-soiled, past its sell-by-date and contains more than a trace of male bovine faeces. Surely the only way to unite the country is another referendum."

He told the Mirror: "I got my nominations through sheer galactic charisma and offering to rename Uxbridge's shopping centre."

Count Binface is still not the comedian's legal name - and neither was Lord Buckethead.

Instead of changing his name by deed poll, he stood under a little-known rule that means people can be referred to by their "commonly-used" name

When he was styling himself as Lord Buckethead, Mr Harvey became a cult hit in 2017 after appearing next to Theresa May at the Maidenhead election count.

He even went stateside, appearing on comedian Jon Oliver's US TV show.

But he decided to "renounce his peerage" after what he described as a wrangle over copyright involving the original film.

1x1.png

"I later suffered an unpleasant battle on the planet Copyright," he claimed tonight.

But on the bright side, the Count added: "I thought I'd give myself a promotion."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-man-who-stood-20881171.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Look at the state of this :

Why mention those in the list  (just noticed Buckethead is also Binface now) but leave out Yace "Interplanetary Time Lord" Yogenstein? They're just trying to boost the others so Yace doesn't get an equal chance by the looks of it. Fuck this election.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

So it's not a Remain party? A yes or no will suffice.

It's a party committed to a 2nd referendum. But again, if you're a party that prioristises remaining in the EU above all else, then doing stuff that ensures the exact opposite means you're either stupid or disingenuous.

Just now, Duff Man said:

It's a party committed to a 2nd referendum. But again, if you're a party that prioristises remaining in the EU above all else, then doing stuff that ensures the exact opposite means you're either stupid or disingenuous.

Right, well I can see I'm not going to get a straight answer to my question no matter how many times I ask it, so let's explore a different avenue.

It's well known that Labour's chances of winning a majority are practically zero, so in order to get that second referendum, they're going to need the votes of the Remain parties - Lib Dems, SNP, Plaid, Green and others - in order to achieve that.

So in not withdrawing for the Lib Dems in selected seats, aren't Labour "doing stuff that ensures the exact opposite" too?