Quantcast
General Election 2019 - Page 49 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

General Election 2019

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

  1. 1. Who are you voting for?



Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's nice to see that the recent flooding, whilst not a national emergency, are an excellent photo opportunity! 

EI819c5WsAE5IT4.jpeg

The exspression on the faces of the people in the background speaks volumes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Democracy eh!

 

General election 2019: The town that won't get a choice

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50320790

I get their annoyance, but Buckingham's been a safe Tory seat since the '80s, so about 40-50% of the votes there wouldn't count anyway. The whole FPTP system is long overdue scrapping, it's a terrible way of voting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupidest comment on Facebook so far today:

"Say what you like about Boris Johnson, but he was the only politician who sang all of the hymns at the Cenotaph today without needing the words in front of him!"

 

Oh well then, he's got my vote!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Stupidest comment on Facebook so far today:

"Say what you like about Boris Johnson, but he was the only politician who sang all of the hymns at the Cenotaph today without needing the words in front of him!"

 

Oh well then, he's got my vote!

But, managed to put his wreath upside down on the Cenotaph. 

 

Imagine if Corbyn did this. Or a black woman. Called Diane. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Marr gave Javid a tough time this morning and loved some of his sarcasm, although it probably went right over the heads of half the retarded Tory voters he was there to pull the wool over the eyes of.

 

It's got to be said, I think Johnson is going to be a bit of a handful over this campaign for the other Tories. He just shoots his mouth off trump style, but then his buddies can't back it up and he makes them look cunts (not tough I know). I figured we.couldnt bank on Johnson running a campaign as bad as May last.time out, but I reckon I might be wrong about that. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I thought Marr gave Javid a tough time this morning and loved some of his sarcasm, although it probably went right over the heads of half the retarded Tory voters he was there to pull the wool over the eyes of.

 

It's got to be said, I think Johnson is going to be a bit of a handful over this campaign for the other Tories. He just shoots his mouth off trump style, but then his buddies can't back it up and he makes them look cunts (not tough I know). I figured we.couldnt bank on Johnson running a campaign as bad as May last.time out, but I reckon I might be wrong about that. 

It's a very good point.

 

In the Tory leadership campaign he essentially locked himself away because he knew he was one gaffe away from losing it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

It's a very good point.

 

In the Tory leadership campaign he essentially locked himself away because he knew he was one gaffe away from losing it!

Did he lock himself away, or did his minders? And now he is the main man, will he continue to allow them to hide him away? He sees Donny getting away with it and thinks he can mix it as a bolshy world leader, hopefully brits are a bit more compus than the yanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Did he lock himself away, or did his minders? And now he is the main man, will he continue to allow them to hide him away? He sees Donny getting away with it and thinks he can mix it as a bolshy world leader, hopefully brits are a bit more compus than the yanks.

I think the is a portion of the electorate every bit as gullible as the target audience trump goes after. The big difference here is this isn't a presidential run off, so the press will want a view other than Johnson's for the Tories and they will start to undermine each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good old BBC impartiality this morning showing a clip of Boris Johnson laying his wreath yet the clip is from 2016 and not the one from yesterday when he placed his wreath upside down

 

Yesterdays was red

 

 EJFPNZnWsAEVx8p.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Johnson was also accused of being scruffy and thus disrespectful yesterday. 

The BBC showing one where he was smart, was purely a mistake. 

 

The official line on Sky news, is it is not up to the political correspondents to comment on smartness, it is purely about the act of remembrance itself, not about how you look. 

 

You have to admire their hypocrisy. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Apparently Johnson was also accused of being scruffy and thus disrespectful yesterday. 

The BBC showing one where he was smart, was purely a mistake. 

 

The official line on Sky news, is it is not up to the political correspondents to comment on smartness, it is purely about the act of remembrance itself, not about how you look. 

 

You have to admire their hypocrisy. 

 

 

 

 

It's ok the Beeb have apologised now but no one will ever know about Johnson yesterday unless you go on Twitter...

Job done as far as they are concerned

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can only trust the Tories on running the economy;

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50373505

 

UK growth 'slowest in almost a decade'

 

 

Growth in the UK economy has slowed to its lowest rate in almost a decade, the Office for National Statistics said.

Year-on-year GDP growth slowed to 1% in the three months to the end of September - the lowest since the first three months of 2010.

Even so, the economy has avoided recession after expanding 0.3% in the three months to the end of September.

The economy had shrunk in the second quarter and two quarters of contraction would have signalled a recession.

In the three months to the end of September, though, the economy did not grow as fast as the 0.4% forecast by economists, including at the Bank of England.

A statistician at the ONS said: "GDP grew steadily in the third quarter, mainly thanks to a strong July.

"Services again led the way, with construction also performing well. Manufacturing failed to grow, as falls in many industries were offset by car production bouncing back following April shutdowns.

"Looking at the picture over the last year, growth slowed to its lowest rate in almost a decade.

"The underlying trade deficit narrowed, mainly due to growing exports of both goods and services."

In the month of September, GDP fell by 0.1%, as had been expected.

 

chart

 

 

Indeed, comparing the third quarter this year with the same period last year, growth of just 1% is the slowest since the aftermath of the financial crisis. It is the weakest two quarters since the financial crisis.

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, we didn't go into recession because of a good July, well done everyone, we have never had it so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stickman said:

 

 

It's ok the Beeb have apologised now but no one will ever know about Johnson yesterday unless you go on Twitter...

Job done as far as they are concerned

 

 

What sort of storage system do they have for their footage, where you reach for yesterday's footage and get something 3 years old?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stickman said:

 

 

It's ok the Beeb have apologised now but no one will ever know about Johnson yesterday unless you go on Twitter...

Job done as far as they are concerned

 

 

A mistake that came about from someone having to go into the archive and actively seek out a clip that was three years old ? Yes, of course it was a fucking mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nigel Farage says Brexit Party won't contest seats won by Tories in 2017 - but will stand in all Labour seats.

 

 

Just Tories in Cunts clothing. 

Any Labour supporter who can't vote Tory, surely can see through this bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farage has received his orders from the Kremlin over the weekend and announced Brexit Party Limited will oppose Labour but not the Tories. All 317+ candidates who handed over £100 to the grifter to possibly stand as candidates will see their cash trousered though, obviously - the grift is paramount.

 

Put your mortgage on a majority for a government so hard right it'd make Thatcher sit up in her fucking grave now - this electorate will hand it to them gift wrapped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purely about Brexit, that is why he is not standing against Tories who support remain.

 

All talking about how this will damage Labour and help the Tories, which is the entire reason of the Brexit party. He will be in the Lords if the Tories win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Nigel Farage says Brexit Party won't contest seats won by Tories in 2017 - but will stand in all Labour seats.

 

 

Just Tories in Cunts clothing. 

Any Labour supporter who can't vote Tory, surely can see through this bollocks.

Of course they won't see through it. Because like it or not a large number of labour voters voted leave for all the racist reasons farage has been banging on about for years. And that need to kick out Johnny foreigner is greater than anything, even their own economic interests. It's a similar madness to what we see with DUP supporters in NI. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, that Brexit "party" announcement isn't great news. Hard Brexit is most definitely back on the cards. It's up to Lib Dem voters now to acknowledge the reality of the situation we face. It's a hard Brexit, or some form of Labour led government. It's make your mind up time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Of course they won't see through it. Because like it or not a large number of labour voters voted leave for all the racist reasons farage has been banging on about for years. And that need to kick out Johnny foreigner is greater than anything, even their own economic interests. It's a similar madness to what we see with DUP supporters in NI. 

I agree, unfortunately. 

My statement was posted in despair. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The BBC should have gone to Specsavers like BJ did. 

 

The BBC are just lick arses for whoever is in Government at the time. All they are bothered about is the TV Licence being carried on. It's like Governments actually blackmail them into doing their bidding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×