You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Huh?

Of being a nation without a state, a minority subject to the whims of whoever rules over them.

Needless to say, I am a big supporter of Kurdish national self-determination.

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What a fucking ridiculous post. Israel are a nuclear superpower, you vagina. And you live in the UK. Are you suggesting that not only is there going to be a holocaust but it'll be at the hands of the UK and US and that they'll be hunting down Jews across the planet, including in England? 

Who the fuck is giving you these scare stories of future doom? Fucking hell, Stronts. 

Well, I hope you are right.

1 minute ago, moof said:

I hope I don’t have to say I told you Jo Swindon is going to morph into a dinosaur but in case she eats me and I’m not here to say it: I told you so. 

There’s an episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in there, somewhere.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'd argue it's considerably in the interest of Jews to have somewhere they can flee to when the utterly predictable happens yet again. But it's immaterial to me which of the two we're talking about.

Okay, so can we have some of these countless examples then?

Not that that would justify the leap of faith to then argue that they were being paid to attack Corbyn, but it would be a start, at least.

I just looked up Ian Austin quickly, seeing as he’s today’s news. It seems at first glance that LFI are/were happy to fly him all over the world and his biggest donor by far is Sir David Garrard. 

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/regmem/?p=11553

Garrard is an interesting character. Big on tax avoidance allegedly and stopped donating to Labour once Corbyn became leader. Although he did continue donating to Mr Austin before and after he left the party. Why? Are they just best mates or something?

https://evolvepolitics.com/multi-millionaire-ex-labour-donor-who-quit-party-over-anti-semitism-used-tax-havens-to-build-his-property-fortune/

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'd argue it's considerably in the interest of Jews to have somewhere they can flee to when the utterly predictable happens yet again. But it's immaterial to me which of the two we're talking about.

18 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

As Trump showed with the Kurds, who are basically in the same situation the Jews were a century ago, that backing can be withdrawn at any time.

I hope I never have to say I told you so, but in case I'm not around to do so: I told you so.

What the fuck are you trying to imply by these posts?  That the only way Jewish people can protect themselves from future pogroms is by illegally and violently taking lands inhabited by the Palestinians and by maintaining a terrorist, Apartheid state?  Bollocks to that.

Personally, I'd be more supportive of a less brutal, repressive and racist regime in Israel; either something based on the "two-state solution" (which successive Israeli governments have refused to adhere to) or a single, multi-ethnic, free and pluralistic democracy.  

I'd rather lend my support to the many, many Jewish opponents of Apartheid and defenders of freedom than any apologists for the terrorist regimes of Israel.  Whining about Israel's "right to self-defence" (as a justification for brutal acts of aggression) doesn't impress me.

The racist violence of the state of Israel does nothing to protect the peace and safety of Jewish people around the world; on the contrary, it gives anti-Semitic cunts a spurious pretext to tell themselves that their words and actions are somehow justified.  (This last point is why everyone - including you - needs to be careful about conflating Jews and Israel.)

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't dispute that for a second. But where is the evidence that they are making payments to individual British politicians to trump up antisemitism claims against Her Majesty's Opposition?

25 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I just looked up Ian Austin quickly, seeing as he’s today’s news. It seems at first glance that LFI are/were happy to fly him all over the world and his biggest donor by far is Sir David Garrard. 

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/regmem/?p=11553

Garrard is an interesting character. Big on tax avoidance allegedly and stopped donating to Labour once Corbyn became leader. Although he did continue donating to Mr Austin before and after he left the party. Why? Are they just best mates or something?

https://evolvepolitics.com/multi-millionaire-ex-labour-donor-who-quit-party-over-anti-semitism-used-tax-havens-to-build-his-property-fortune/

Little bit more on Garrard and some more of Austin’s financial backers. Also mentions some other ‘individual British politicians’ that it could be argued have ‘trumped up antisemitism claims’ about Labour. 

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/asa-winstanley/israel-lobby-funders-back-breakaway-british-mps

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Little bit more on Garrard and some more of Austin’s financial backers. Also mentions some other ‘individual British politicians’ that it could be argued have ‘trumped up antisemitism claims’ about Labour. 

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/asa-winstanley/israel-lobby-funders-back-breakaway-british-mps

Nice work. Expect some spurious claims of Winstanley being an antisemitic hate preacher 

Nice to see Channel 4 News devoting a nice two sided segment on Ian Austin's publicity stunt today. 

Firstly, it was Ian Austin, largely unchallenged, claiming that Corbyn is a terrorist supporting antisemite. 

Then, just as Jon Snow says, well, we have someone else who has a say on this, you think there'll be a challenge to what Austin said....

Then up pops Dominic Grieve on the screen. 

Amazing stuff. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

Fuck you Stig, ruined it for me now.

Still would though

You'll have to wait until she has given birth. must be at least 8 months gone. 

We’re launching our local candidate on Saturday. It was gonna be a quick “INTO THESE, REDS!” at a church hall and then a day canvassing/leafleting. And now by, erm, pure coincidence Matt Hancock has said he’ll be making a rare appearance in the town centre at exactly the same time. 

The independent mayor is saying he’s not allowed on the market square because that’s covered by Purdah but he’s gonna be up and down the High Street. I was only gonna go out for an hour but if our candidate agrees to go along for a face-off I might stick around for a bit. 

• Upvote 3

Another pile of shit from the Murdoch press. The sooner this cunt is dead the better. A malign fucking piece of the establishment. 

Corbyn voted against the Falklands war according to these two. Even though he wasn't a MP 1983

https://evolvepolitics.com/the-times-claims-corbyn-voted-against-falklands-war-despite-corbyn-not-being-an-mp-at-the-time/