You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

PM Q's about to start. Johnson sat with a fucking smug look on his face already. 

Might get the weights out for this. I'm sure listening to that cunt will make me work harder than the Rocky soundtrack. Only downside is I will have a weight in my hand to throw at the bastard telly. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, skend04 said:

The opposition parties need to be hammering BoJo's #BritainDeservesBetter tweet. 

Simply ask them who has been in office for the last decade. 

I've some issues with Labour's Brexit policy, but I like it a whole lot better than most other parties that I can vote for. I'd swallow my pride* and consider voting LD if that was the best way of keeping the Tories out of a marginal seat but it's irrelevent here in North Tyneside, where Labour are the biggest party by a margin and then some.

*9 years ago I voted LD and Nick Clegg took my vote and gave it to David Cameron, and I've never fucking forgiven them for it

• Upvote 1

I believe Swinson was on Radio 4 today. Lying about Corbyn and Labour again. Saying that they want to "force through Brexit" even though their plan of a renegotiated deal then a confirmatory referendum is anything but forcing thr Brexit and not miles away from the Lib Dem policy, if they haven't changed their minds again. 

I wonder what she's been promised by Johnson and Cummings? 

I think both Johnson and Swinson in their attempts to make this a single issue election might actually overplay their hand massively. It's all either of them mention and people are going to get bored and immune to that message pretty quickly I reckon.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I believe Swinson was on Radio 4 today. Lying about Corbyn and Labour again. Saying that they want to "force through Brexit" even though their plan of a renegotiated deal then a confirmatory referendum is anything but forcing thr Brexit and not miles away from the Lib Dem policy, if they haven't changed their minds again. 

I wonder what she's been promised by Johnson and Cummings? 

Abhorrent woman. Lies and smear. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I was reading a comment directed at Corbyn earlier whilst sat waiting for Physio. It went something like this. 

-----

Simple question Jeremy. If the NHS is in crisis, why would any US company wishing to make money want to buy it?
Surely not for the pension fund commitment.

------

Jesus Christ, it's due to such ignorance and little understanding of the subject at hand why Brexit happened in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Jenson said:

I think both Johnson and Swinson in their attempts to make this a single issue election might actually overplay their hand massively. It's all either of them mention and people are going to get bored and immune to that message pretty quickly I reckon.

I agree with this , they seem to be quite happy with their ' one trick pony ' outlook , although strangely enough Johnson has at least made a bit of an effort to outline some initiatives,  whereas I genuinely can't remember Swinson mentioning a single other policy.

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I agree with this , they seem to be quite happy with their ' one trick pony ' outlook , although strangely enough Johnson has at least made a bit of an effort to outline some initiatives,  whereas I genuinely can't remember Swinson mentioning a single other policy.

Knock yourself out:

https://www.libdems.org.uk/manifesto

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

So why does she never mention any of them ?

All she ever goes on about is Brexit & Johnson/Corbyn not being fit to be pm.

I mean, she can only answer the questions she's asked. But Brexit is the overriding issue of this election, as much as Labour would like to pretend that it isn't. If the UK leaves the EU, it doesn't matter what your other policies are, because you sure as hell won't be able to afford them.

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I mean, she can only answer the questions she's asked. But Brexit is the overriding issue of this election, as much as Labour would like to pretend that it isn't. If the UK leaves the EU, it doesn't matter what your other policies are, because you sure as hell won't be able to afford them.

Labour have said if they win the election that they will have a final peoples vote on an actual deal (I'd say pretty confident Brexit won't happen as a result). They have many other policies that a lot are forgetting. Swinson just thinks cancel Brexit and smear Corbyn and Johnson will do the job. 

I'm going to be a boring cunt again and give my (probably half baked) opinion as to why Labour are fucked

Most things in life are simple, to win a general election you need simple understandable messages. This election will be mainly about brexit, despite whether Labour wants that, its the case. So on the issue of brexit they need a simple message. 

Tories - Will leave

Lib Dems - Will Stay

Labour - Stay neutral in the election, then negotiate a deal, then decide whether to back that deal in a referendum.

Its not a simple election message, its not clear what the leadership want and its full of holes.

Still looking for work, I see.

If people are as sick of Brexit as they say they are, perhaps they'll be receptive to someone who is talking about something else.

As for politicians answering questions, the definition of a modern politician is someone who can stay on message, regardless of the question asked.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think most people would see a final peoples vote on Brexit as the better option. Present a deal then see if people want it. Then fuck it off forever. 

That won't happen for at least a generation mate, whether Brexit is seen through or not. Far too many people in the UK set in their ways, mainly due to years of being dumbed down by the media and ignorance. It will remain a political Pandora's Box. 

9 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Still looking for work, I see.

If people are as sick of Brexit as they say they are, perhaps they'll be receptive to someone who is talking about something else.

As for politicians answering questions, the definition of a modern politician is someone who can stay on message, regardless of the question asked.

Good line! 

Do you think i've summarised the parties positions on brexit correctly? Do you agree that the election will mainly be about brexit?

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

That won't happen for at least a generation mate, whether Brexit is seen through or not. Far too many people in the UK set in their ways, mainly due to years of being dumbed down by the media and ignorance. It will remain a political Pandora's Box. 

It just baffles me how thick people can be. No-one knew what they were voting for. Not a single proper deal was on the table. Now there is an option people are better informed. How can't people see that.