You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

11 minutes ago, moof said:

I think we’ve reached peak gaslighting 

67F14687-02AC-464E-9ED7-AE38A90EAE04.jpeg

So, I’ve got a question. If you didn’t know Ian Austin was a Jew (assuming he actually is?) and think he was a Tory, should you change your opinion now you know he’s Jewish? So if you weren’t judging him on his race but his actions, should we now judge him on his race and not his actions because... antisemitism, 

In short, fuck off, Theo. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So, I’ve got a question. If you didn’t know Ian Austin was a Jew (assuming he actually is?) and think he was a Tory, should you change your opinion now you know he’s Jewish? So if you weren’t judging him on his race but his actions, should we now judge him on his race and not his actions because... antisemitism, 

I'm not entirely sure he is, although his adoptive father was according to Wikipedia. I always thought of him as a New Labour hanger-on who got left behind and would certainly have lost his seat at an election.

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Haha. Yeah it’s just some bizarre stuff. The discourse around this is completely broken. I feel sorry for the Jewish people; having their identity weaponised like this in such a dishonest way must be infuriating  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

If you say US interfere in other countries - Well obviously

If you say Iran interfere in other countries - Well obviously

If you say Russia interfere in other countries - Well obviously

If you say Saudi interfere in other countries - Well obviously

If you say Israel interfere in other countries - Anti-Semitic 

Is that how it works ?

I think how it works is that you present evidence for such claims, and then you can make them, and not before such evidence is presented.

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think how it works is that you present evidence for such claims, and then you can make them, and not before such evidence is presented.

There is plenty of evidence of the israel lobby throwing its weight around to influence things like foreign policy in the United States, for example 

Just now, moof said:

There is plenty of evidence of the israel lobby throwing its weight around to influence things like foreign policy in the United States, for example 

I don't dispute that for a second. But where is the evidence that they are making payments to individual British politicians to trump up antisemitism claims against Her Majesty's Opposition?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't dispute that for a second. But where is the evidence that they are making payments to individual British politicians to trump up antisemitism claims against Her Majesty's Opposition?

I’m not sure there is cast iron evidence available to the public to prove that specific claim, but it’s not a massive leap in logic to infer from past actions, and Israel’s not insignificant influence among some political groups that something like that could easily happen. Israel clearly has a vested interest in not allowing a key ally to elect a principled pro Palestinian politician as prime minister. I think it’s burying your head in the sand if you don’t consider that as a legitimate reason (in their opinion) for them to use proxies to attack that person.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Yeah. Don't go all Shai on us. Where's your evidence?...

shai_masot.jpg

I think the Israeli government officially “distanced” themselves from shai, after this story broke. One of the reasons why it’s hard to pin down that *cast iron* evidence of Israel wielding its influence in that specific context 

3 minutes ago, moof said:

I’m not sure there is cast iron evidence available to the public to prove that specific claim, but it’s not a massive leap in logic to infer from past actions, and Israel’s not insignificant influence among some political groups that something like that could easily happen. Israel clearly has a vested interest in not allowing a key ally to elect a principled pro Palestinian politician as prime minister. I think it’s burying your head in the sand if you don’t consider that as a legitimate reason (in their opinion) for them to use proxies to attack that person.  

Just look at what happened to Ed Miliband. 

4 minutes ago, moof said:

So, no evidence, then. Okay.

1 minute ago, moof said:

There’s plenty of circumstantial evidence and logic clearly points toward that being the case but please, keep burying your head in the sand. 

"Cricumstantial evidence", "logic" - no, I want actual proof. Of politicians who are bought and paid for by Jewish interests.

I remember how upset people got when Corbyn was accused of being a paid Czech informant during the Cold War, on not so much less evidence than is being presented here.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

"Cricumstantial evidence", "logic" - no, I want actual proof. Of politicians who are bought and paid for by Jewish interests.

I remember how upset people got when Corbyn was accused of being a paid Czech informant during the Cold War, on not so much less evidence than is being presented here.

Nice conflation of Israeli interests and Jewish interests. I’m sure that was unintentional so I’ll cut you some slack

there are countless examples of politicians bought and paid for by Israeli interests, you shifted the goalposts from a specific claim of uk politicians being paid directly in exchange for attacking Corbyn