You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

By the way, was interesting to read this from Cummings pre the referendum....

He obviously couldn't control what happened in Westminster following the vote, but it's fair to say that they did everything he told them not to do, and he even accepted a second referendum on the details would be needed.

DOMINIC CUMMINGS: Exactly. We have to explain the risks of a vote to remain; that we’ll be essentially locked in the boot in a car heading off to a place that we can see and where we know we don’t want to go. There are still lots of MPs who don’t know about the Five Presidents’ Report and the next stage of the process, because it came out on the same day as the Tunisian terrorist attacks. But I think by the time the referendum comes people will know an awful lot about that. We need to explain the risks of a Remain vote, but we also have to set out why this is not the great leap in the dark that people think. For example, a lot of people have been saying that as soon as there is a Leave vote then the Article 50 process begins straight away. Completely wrong. In fact that would be like putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger. No-one in their right mind would begin a legally defined two-year maximum period to conduct negotiations before they actually knew, roughly speaking, what this process was going to yield. So we must explain to the public: “Don’t worry. Straight after you go there is not going to be a huge eruption. Legally nothing changes the next day. A new government team is going to sit down with the EU and figure out what this new relationship should look like legally. That will be a big thing before any formal process happens.” There is a widespread assumption that we have to use the Article 50 process, and that has a lot of risks. That is not true. We do not have to use the Article 50 process. There is a whole set of things like that that will come out during the course of the referendum.

BAGEHOT: In the event of an Out vote do you think the government would seek to hold another referendum, on the terms of Brexit?

DOMINIC CUMMINGS: I think that is a distinct possibility, yes. It’s obviously not something that we can force. We’re a campaign group. But I think it is perfectly possible that leadership candidates to replace David Cameron will say that they think there are good grounds for a new government team to offer the public a voice on what the deal looks like. And we obviously wouldn’t oppose that, if that’s what senior politicians want to offer. I think there’s a strong democratic case for it.

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

One thing I love is how the right don't see the threat of Dominic Cummings.  

The lad is Rasputin, he got in Johnson and Gove's ear and they offered him the Earth to get their campaign over the line....but at what cost. 

Agreed.

The guy is the closest thing to an evil genius I have ever seen in real life. 

The majority of leave voters probably didn't even know we were even in the EU ten to fifteen years ago, now they think leaving is the answer to all the countries problems? 

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The majority of leave voters probably didn't even know we were even in the EU ten to fifteen years ago, now they think leaving is the answer to all the countries problems? 

The rhetoric about it all at the time suited those in power who wanted to leave. ISIS were prominent on western mainland committing atrocities. It all suited the movement. It will cripple this country eventually. If it ever happens. I'm still clinging onto the hope that somehow it just won't happen. 

I think Cummings like Bannon will prove to be too insane for the gov/agencies to handle and will be out like Bannon was in the US. He seems like a total cunt too and like a lot of the brains behind the current insanity so it could be great if that happened. It might take a while though if so.

Or that could be totally wrong seeing as the establishment were against Trump from the off so Bannon was a target. Over here what happened seemed to be happily accepted so maybe he's fine. Would fucking suck to see whatever he's planning carried out for the next several years though. Really hoping he causes too much chaos inside the gov so they get rid of him.

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If it ever happens. I'm still clinging onto the hope that somehow it just won't happen. 

How?

As mad as this may sound, I want it to happen and I want it to be a no deal worst case scenario.  It's got to the point where I think it's the only way people will learn. If Brexit is a success we will continue to see a rise in far right politics and will be stuck with the tories for decades. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

How?

As mad as this may sound, I want it to happen and I want it to be a no deal worst case scenario.  It's got to the point where I think it's the only way people will learn. If Brexit is a success we will continue to see a rise in far right politics and will be stuck with the tories for decades. 

I don't know. 

I don't want it to happen. I don't want people losing their jobs. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought that was just a twitter rumour. 

Gaging opinion through responses to test the waters, though they’d do what the fuck they want after this clusterfuck.

Remember the news story that was refuted about if they step down in Tory marginals he’d be knighted? 

Turns out the lady doth protest too much.

If it happens and we don’t riot we may as well turn the lights out.

19 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Same, there'll be too much collateral damage, which would kind of take the gloss off any 'I told you so' schadenfreude.

I don't want people to lose their jobs either. I don't want Brexit to happen, but if people keep voting for it, one way or another then it's clear that a majority of the people in this country don't care about the consequences. I live in a leave area and have had many discussions about potential negative consequences of a no deal exit, and people just dismiss it all as scaremongering, project fear etc. 

I remember ranting (probably on here somewhere) that there is no good way out of Brexit. Having thought about it again I worked out that the best thing that could happen is that we leave, The EU collapses we end up better off out of it, however if that does happen all it will do is to continue to embolden the right wing and push the country further in this direction.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Gaging opinion through responses.

Remember the news story that was refuted about if they step down in Tory marginals he’d be knighted? 

Turns out the lady doth protest too much.

If it happens and we don’t riot we may as well turn the lights out.

Course it’s happening, as if either party involved would have the slightest shame about it.

Expecting him to be officially absorbed back into the Conservatives by this time next year.

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Course it’s happening, as if either party involved would have the slightest shame about it.

Expecting him to be officially absorbed back into the Conservatives by this time next year.

I saw him interviewed after the election and he looked pissed off. He didn't look like the election went the way he wanted it to go.

Cummings hates Farage, he won't want him anywhere near the party. Farage doesn't really have a political purpose any more. 

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I saw him interviewed after the election and he looked pissed off. He didn't look like the election went the way he wanted it to go.

Cummings hates Farage, he won't want him anywhere near the party. Farage doesn't really have a political purpose any more. 

Services to Brexit.

No back in your fucking box Nigel and enjoy your life income and pension.

Job done.

Farage is quite an interesting character, he’s a cunt without parallel, but he’s dedicated his working life to getting Britain out of the EU, twenty odd years. It’s weird. What compels somebody to literally devote their whole being and existence to this, he’s already wealthy so that’s not the primary motivation.

He has EU citizenship through marriage so he covered, so why would he be so single minded and doggeded? 

Unless there’s a huge payday at the end of it it makes no fucking sense for him to do this.

16 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

And all the twats who voted Tory will be delighted. Farage is way more popular than many people realise. 

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Not popular enough to actually win a seat of course, though this would mean that he could now be given a cabinet position. 

That's more to do with FPTP than his popularity. In the 2015 election his party got more than double the votes of the SNP and they walked away with 50 seats. It's almost impossible for a new party to get seats in parliament, but it doesn't mean they can't drive the agenda. His popularity has shaped British politics for more than the last 5 years, maybe 10 and the outcome of his involvement will shape the next 40. 

20 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

They don’t like racists though. Be careful what you wish for. 

Who the 'naive' little kiddies? Your wrong rico, the evidence seems to prove it, the under 45s voted massively for Corbyn, the biggest jew hater in the country so the "naive" little kiddies  must love a good ol fashioned racist. 

On the other hand it could be that these naive under 45s dismissed the smears and lies and slander and libel  of older fuckers like yourself and wisely chose to  ignore them  

On 23/12/2019 at 16:18, Bjornebye said:

Apparently Arlene Foster has been getting pumped by her driver and has been booted out of her house. 

Read about this elsewhere. She's supposed to be holed up in Lough Erin and has an injunction to stop it being published. It's also rumored her dad has a few skeletons in his closest. 

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Who the 'naive' little kiddies? Your wrong rico, the evidence seems to prove it, the under 45s voted massively for Corbyn, the biggest jew hater in the country so the "naive" little kiddies  must love a good ol fashioned racist. 

On the other hand it could be that these naive under 45s dismissed the smears and lies and slander and libel  of older fuckers like yourself and wisely chose to  ignore them  

Hmm?