You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Couldn't be arsed starting a new post. The opening of the new Royal hossie has been delayed for a further 3 years and projected costs have doubled. 

You get the feeling that this would already be up and running if it was in Chingford or Ruislip or somewhere like that. 

At last, something I can agree with you on. 

It pisses me off no end seeing things like cross rail costing 18 billion and next to fuck all spent elsewhere in the country.

8 minutes ago, A Red said:

It pisses me off no end seeing things like cross rail costing 18 billion and next to fuck all spent elsewhere in the country.

I agree wholeheartedly. South of the river is fucking horrible to get around. From Battersea to Camberwell really shouldn’t take three quarters of an hour.

35 minutes ago, A Red said:

18 billion to go cross country by rail? That’s cheaper than lime st to Manchester Oxford road 

53 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Couldn't be arsed starting a new post. The opening of the new Royal hossie has been delayed for a further 3 years and projected costs have doubled. 

You get the feeling that this would already be up and running if it was in Chingford or Ruislip or somewhere like that. 

Isn't this more down to the fucking cowboys they contracted to do the job ? When Carillion went bust they left behind a sandcastle. 

53 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Isn't this more down to the fucking cowboys they contracted to do the job ? When Carillion went bust they left behind a sandcastle. 

Yep, Carillion fucked up. That's getting on for 2 years ago now though. I might be barking up the wrong tree, but there seems to be a lack of urgency in getting things moving since then. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Yep, Carillion fucked up. That's getting on for 2 years ago now though. I might be barking up the wrong tree, but there seems to be a lack of urgency in getting things moving since then. 

I'm not saying your totally wrong but I don't think you fully know how bad a job Carillion did. I'm on my phone but will dig out something when I get home.

39 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Two or three of the floors of the building were so bad they need strengthening. No easy task in a half built structure.

https://southendnewsnetwork.net/news/reports-of-anti-semitism-fall-by-5000-after-general-election-polls-close/?fbclid=IwAR0yYuAZ7IxXYcOo5_0ZISE_ZjCX4eAIFO0hhC1UCl8eAzSZ949-cFFKXpY

REPORTS OF ANTI-SEMITISM FALL BY 5000% AFTER GENERAL ELECTION POLLS CLOSE

A spokesperson for the UK Anti-Semitism Reporting Centre has confirmed that reports of Anti-Semitism fell by more than 5000% as soon as the polls closed for last week’s general election.

According to experts, the most recent reports of potential anti-Semitic activity have included incidents where people have actually been anti-Semitic, as opposed to Daily Mail readers insisting that they had overheard Jeremy Corbyn remarking that he could ‘take or leave’ Neil Diamond.

The spokesperson said, ‘It was the strangest thing.’

‘Just after 10pm last Thursday, loads of people suddenly lost interest in the whole anti-Semitism thing.’

‘I haven’t looked at all of the statistics yet, but it was almost like the whole concept had been blown out of all proportion to create a skewed narrative of society that would be at the front of people’s minds when they walked into their local polling station, even though the process trivialised some of the most despicable acts of the 20th Century.’

‘Still. Must have been a massive coincidence or something.’

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

https://southendnewsnetwork.net/news/reports-of-anti-semitism-fall-by-5000-after-general-election-polls-close/?fbclid=IwAR0yYuAZ7IxXYcOo5_0ZISE_ZjCX4eAIFO0hhC1UCl8eAzSZ949-cFFKXpY

REPORTS OF ANTI-SEMITISM FALL BY 5000% AFTER GENERAL ELECTION POLLS CLOSE

A spokesperson for the UK Anti-Semitism Reporting Centre has confirmed that reports of Anti-Semitism fell by more than 5000% as soon as the polls closed for last week’s general election.

According to experts, the most recent reports of potential anti-Semitic activity have included incidents where people have actually been anti-Semitic, as opposed to Daily Mail readers insisting that they had overheard Jeremy Corbyn remarking that he could ‘take or leave’ Neil Diamond.

The spokesperson said, ‘It was the strangest thing.’

‘Just after 10pm last Thursday, loads of people suddenly lost interest in the whole anti-Semitism thing.’

‘I haven’t looked at all of the statistics yet, but it was almost like the whole concept had been blown out of all proportion to create a skewed narrative of society that would be at the front of people’s minds when they walked into their local polling station, even though the process trivialised some of the most despicable acts of the 20th Century.’

‘Still. Must have been a massive coincidence or something.’

We aren't allowed to mention things like this anymore remember. 

7 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Anyone else get that reply from the BBC about Kuenssberg and her postal vote comment ?

Have they confirmed that they have sacked her then slowly decapitated her while making her look at pictures of Terry Hurlock? 

10 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Well knock me fucking sideways I never knew Leigh was an independent state outside of UK jurisdiction some blert on BBC news just now , 

BBC correspondent  But the Tories have been in power for 9 years .

Idiot : Not in Leigh they haven't 

Hahaha to be fair you have to admire it.