You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Haven't you got some Arabs to hate? You're boring me now. 

If anybody has the inclination to do so, Google search "overlap Israel islamophobia." There's loads of articles and discussions which acknowledge it's a troubling issue. But, I'm an "antisemite" for mentioning it. And, yes, it's me who is the "internet troll." 

Bless. 

Let’s be fair, you got a temporary ban for suggesting - then doubling down on it when challenged - that SD shares the characteristics of the stereotypical Jew, the other year.

Not content with this, and that really weird, risibly self-consciously written shite about feasting on children’s blood, you’ve been the very epitome of the sort of cunt giving the left a terrible name on antisemitism by using it all the time in snidely-worded ways just to try and get a bite. Exactly as you have here, while smugly patting yourself on the back with “No mention of Jews in that post” and the shite about the Diane Abbott reference, which was where you were always obviously looking to go once SD replied/gave the neg you were after. 

As was characteristically blatantly apparent from the first read of that post.

Whatever Stronts’ faults - the stuff about Jews being driven from the country by Labour types is patently ridiculous hyperbole in this era - and his own regular trolling/pisstaking, anyone on here who doesn’t think you snidely use the issue around Israel/Jewish people/Muslims on a daily basis purely to get a reaction from one poster alone on the site is as naive as a zero hours contract worker voting for Johnson. He’ll react in an overblown way to the daily endless attempts to rile him with this puerile shit, he’ll get called out on that by many, and you’ll sit about being smug despite knowing full well you’ve seriously crossed the line before with some of the stuff mentioned in the first paragraph.

Bit of a cunt’s trick and sad indictment of you at a time the left need to be better than all that, don’t you think?

But, yeah...bless, eeeeeeeh, vile, etc. You fucking bellend.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Let’s be fair, you got a temporary ban for suggesting - then doubling down on it when challenged - that SD shares the characteristics of the stereotypical Jew, the other year.

Not content with this, and that really weird, risibly self-consciously written shite about feasting on children’s blood, you’ve been the very epitome of the sort of cunt giving the left a terrible name on antisemitism by using it all the time in snidely-worded ways just to try and get a bite. Exactly as you have here, while smugly patting yourself on the back with “No mention of Jews in that post” and the shite about the Diane Abbott reference, which was where you were always obviously looking to go once SD replied. As was characteristically blatantly apparent from the first read of that post.

Whatever Stronts’ faults - the stuff about Jews being driven from the country by Labour types is patently ridiculous hyperbole in this era - and trolling/pisstaking, anyone on here who doesn’t think you snidely use the issue around Israel/Jewish people/Muslims on a daily basis purely to get a reaction from one poster alone on the site is as naive as a zero hours contract worker voting for Johnson. He’ll react in an overblown way to the daily endless attempts to rile him with this puerile shit, he’ll get called out on that by many, and you’ll sit about being smug despite knowing full well you’ve seriously crossed the line before with some of the stuff mentioned in the first paragraph.

Bit of a cunt’s trick and sad indictment of you at a time the left need to be better than all that, don’t you think?

But, yeah...bless, eeeeeeeh, vile, etc. You

fucking bellend.

tl; dr

But, if you want to go on an attack the person angle, because you can't refute the clearly evidenced claim that "pro-Israel" (not Jewish people, not pro the existence of Israel people - if I meant any of that, I'd have typed it) folk tend to lean towards Islamophobic beliefs and rhetoric, so be it. 

I may respond to your angry guff in more detail later, if I can be arsed reading it all in full. 

13 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Stronts, that’s absolutely hideous. 

I'm wildly exaggerating. I hope.

When I was growing up, my dad's ethnic background was something I was barely aware of. It was never a factor in anything we did, except for the fact we always had bagels and matzos in the house, and a brief period playing for the same Jewish f**tb*ll team my dad and uncle and cousins played for. I resent the fact that I now have to consider myself as something "other", because it's become an issue, and because the debate around that issue has become so incredibly toxic. I just want to live my life, and if I never have to write or talk about the J or A or I words ever again, so much the better. And If I'm fed up about it, I dread to think how sick of the topic that people with no skin in the game are.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

When I was growing up, my dad's ethnic background was something I was barely aware of. It was never a factor in anything we did, except for the fact we always had bagels and matzos in the house, and a brief period playing for the same Jewish f**tb*ll team my dad and uncle and cousins played for. I resent the fact that I now have to consider myself as something "other", because it's become an issue, and because the debate around that issue has become so incredibly toxic. I just want to live my life, and if I never have to write or talk about the J or A or I words ever again, so much the better. And If I'm fed up about it, I dread to think how sick of the topic that people with no skin in the game are.

Post more things like that. You’re not ‘other’, and it’s a nightmare that you feel like that. On the upside, you always had bagels.

I've just read a bit more. Haha. 

Wow. Posting about Islamophobia and Israeli atrocities and war crimes etc is "puerile shit." That's quite an interesting take. I post in the Israel thread because I believe in the promotion of Palestinian rights. I donate to the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign. I read books on the subject. I follow many news sources on the subject. It's a subject that interests me. So, I'll post about it. I think you're getting things mixed up. One posters insistence on challenging and trying to delegitimise posts that are critical of Israel doesn't necessarily equate with the claim that the person who posts such posts is trying to "rile" that protesting voice. What a complete and utter crock of shite. So, we can only post things that everybody is agreeable with now? We have to tailor are posts to avoid offending people's personal sensibilities? Get to fuck! I'll post in the Israel thread as often as I fucking want to. If there's any issue with the posts, report them. There'll be nothing wrong with 100% of my posts in the Israel thread. It sounds like we're straying into censorship here. 

If there's nothing wrong with the posts other than an underlying issue that people might find the posts disagreeable, or get upset by them, then fuck them. They don't have to read them. 

As for the first two points, I've held my hands up and admitted they were wrong (although I defend my description of Netanyahu as "bloodthirsty.") I stupidly got involved in trolling the troll. There's only so many times that you can see yourself and other users defamed as "antisemites" for making comments which are nothing of the sort. I reacted in the wrong way and tried to troll back the biggest troll on this site and ended up straying into dodgy ground. I'll hold my hands up on that. But, "let's be fair" the previous comments of mine that you've quoted have removed quite a bit of the context that surrounded them at the time and aren't a fully accurate representation of what I said. 

And I think you know that. "You fucking bellend." 

EDIT: and that's my last say on the matter. Reply to this all you want. I'm not discussing it anymore. Those posts in the Israel thread ain't gonna post themselves! 

Just the three replies so far, the first two affecting not to have even read what I posted to prompt them, while you sit on the thread thinking about and banging out your own angry response. A response you’re pretending to remain aloof and indifferent to even while writing it.

I think both I and you have made my point about the way you approach these threads as a childish point-scoring exercise. And I think you know full well the spirit you do much of that in, but by all means keep up the “What me, guv?” act.

I’ll leave it there as I mostly prefer to say what I have to say and fuck off, rather than battle someone every day for ten years to try and one-up them.

36 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That's what happens when it gets weaponised. 

edit - for clarification: when something, anything gets weaponised it becomes toxic

18 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The same people that fund every other TV service with and without commercials; the end user who chooses to subscribe to the service. 

But then you would more than likely end up with a sky type model, or a subscription type shit service or adverts ruining every programme/film/documentary etc you watch. Also what happens to channels such as bbc4 or the various radio stations the bbc broadcasts? They probably get the chop in the popularity contest you seem to endorse. For example only a hour or so ago I was listening to Kellis on 6 music live, here you go 

You will imo  end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

21 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Post more things like that. You’re not ‘other’, and it’s a nightmare that you feel like that. On the upside, you always had bagels.

Honestly, I'm embarrassed to feel that way. Every time I talk about antisemitism or anything along those lines I feel like I'm differentiating myself more and more from everyone else, which is not anything I want.

Part of the problem is the lack of nuance. So, if you're not anti-Israel, then you support killing children (and I swear someone mentions dead kids on a beach to me every week on here). There seems to be no room for someone who thinks Israel is largely run by hateful racist bellwhiffs who are, nevertheless, sometimes justified in some of the actions they take.

Similarly, it seems you have to either believe that Labour is absolutely riven with antisemitism from top to bottom, or that it's all a smear cooked up to damage their electoral chances. When what I really think is that Corbyn's election as leader naturally brought lots of pro-Palestinian activists into the fold, some of whom sometimes resort to antisemitic tropes in their arguments.

More generally, I think this tendency towards seeing issues in black and white terms has seriously damaged political discourse in this country. Everything is so polarised. 

• Upvote 8

Its all a load of bollocks. I don't think anyone on here wishes any ill and thats enough for me to admit I've been a cunt as well. 

The election is done, lets go back to hammering breakfasts and talking more about tits and important stuff. Like tits. 

31 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

But then you would more than likely end up with a sky type model, or a subscription type shit service or adverts ruining every programme/film/documentary etc you watch. Also what happens to channels such as bbc4 or the various radio stations the bbc broadcasts? They probably get the chop in the popularity contest you seem to endorse. For example only a hour or so ago I was listening to Kellis on 6 music live, here you go 

You will imo  end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

Why not Netflix type model, or a new model all together? That said, I don't think people would fall over themselves to pay for it because, you know, it's not actually that good. 

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Just the three replies so far, the first two affecting not to have even read what I posted to prompt them, while you sit on the thread thinking about and banging out your own angry response. A response you’re pretending to remain aloof and indifferent to even while writing it.

I think both I and you have made my point about the way you approach these threads as a childish point-scoring exercise. And I think you know full well the spirit you do much of that in, but by all means keep up the “What me, guv?” act.

I’ll leave it there as I mostly prefer to say what I have to say and fuck off, rather than battle someone every day for ten years to try and one-up them.

If you’re only calling out one of them for “crossing the line”, what actually are you doing? Strontium posts disgusting shit on here on a regular basis, wilfully misinterprets shit, makes hyperbolic, petty, snide, childish comments as much as anybody, but it’s ok because he’s “provoked”? If that’s your angle, fine. But it’s bollocks. Many of us strongly criticised Nelly Torres when he made comments that went over the top and were blatantly offensive, you seem to have a far easier time excoriating certain people and making excuses for similar behaviour when it comes from a different source 

Just now, moof said:

If you’re only calling out one of them for “crossing the line”, what actually are you doing? Strontium posts disgusting shit on here on a regular basis, wilfully misinterprets shit, makes hyperbolic, petty, snide, childish comments as much as anybody, but it’s ok because he’s “provoked”? If that’s your angle, fine. But it’s bollocks. Many of us strongly criticised Nelly Torres when he made comments that went over the top and were blatantly offensive, you seem to have a far easier time excoriating certain people and making excuses for similar behaviour when it comes from a different source 

Fuck off, Moof.

I don't think I wilfully misinterpret anything. I do exaggerate, I can't deny that. I think most of the stuff I post is tongue in cheek. And more importantly, it's not done to rile any individual member. If I've ever crossed the line, I apologise, and I'm sure I can rely on you to pull me up if I cross it in future.

• Upvote 1

It's right wing Zionists that are causing at least half of this antisemitism problem. Imagine going on to twitter and trolling around in threads saying this :

The unfortunate Jews are now carrying the seeds of Anti-Semitism into England.

You'd probably getted banned eventually I'd guess. Imagine if a Labour MP said it! But that's a quote from Herzl, founder of Zionism, in The Jewish State.

I know that there's going to be a lot of decent Jewish people that also consider themselves Zionists, but on the other side there'll be absolute right wing twats that'll be loving all this. And it's also why Corbyn stepping down won't be the end of this current problem. It's just helped remove the leader of the main left wing party in the country. Why would they have any interest at all in stopping? They can now remove the opposition.

There's no wonder so many Jews are sick of Zionism, it's causing a lot of the antisemitism that's a real danger to them. And the fucking Tories are happy to promote it as the left are being hit by smears. It has to be called out. But calling out right wing Zionists from the Labour Party is now going to be further evidence that antisemitism hasn't been rooted out of the party! See now how much of a problem this is?

We've arrived at the point where nobody in Labour has the courage to call out right wing Zionists. If that doesn't change we have no opposition to the Tories and this country is fucked.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't think I wilfully misinterpret anything. I do exaggerate, I can't deny that. I think most of the stuff I post is tongue in cheek. And more importantly, it's not done to rile any individual member. If I've ever crossed the line, I apologise, and I'm sure I can rely on you to pull me up if I cross it in future.

No problem, you sarky arl git. For what it’s worth, that was a very good post you made on the previous page. Let’s hope we can all turn a similar new leaf 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's right wing Zionists that are causing at least half of this antisemitism problem. Imagine going on to twitter and trolling around in threads saying this :

You'd probably getted banned eventually I'd guess. Imagine if a Labour MP said it! But that's a quote from Herzl, founder of Zionism, in The Jewish State.

I know that there's going to be a lot of decent Jewish people that also consider themselves Zionists, but on the other side there'll be absolute right wing twats that'll be loving all this. And it's also why Corbyn stepping down won't be the end of this current problem. It's just helped remove the leader of the main left wing party in the country. Why would they have any interest at all in stopping? They can now remove the opposition.

There's no wonder so many Jews are sick of Zionism, it's causing a lot of the antisemitism that's a real danger to them. And the fucking Tories are happy to promote it, partly for that exact reason. It has to be called out. But calling out Zionism from the Labour Party is now going to be further evidence that antisemitism hasn't been rooted out of the party! See now how much of a problem this is?

We've arrived at the point where nobody in Labour has the courage to call out right wing Zionists. If that doesn't change we have no opposition to the Tories and this country is fucked.

It is a problem. Zionism is a political goal, it’s racist at its core. It’s important that we are allowed to say that. 

• Upvote 1

This might actually be the number 1 priority for the next leader. To have some type of strategy, any type of strategy, at dealing with this.

...Corbyn folded under the pressure. Instead of fighting back strongly against the smears, he bowed to right-wing demands and started to claim that Labour, uniquely, has some sort of “problem” with anti-Semitism. Labour activists who called the smears what they were — vicious smears — were punished. Some were pushed out of the party, like Ken Livingstone and Chris Williamson.

In many ways, Corbyn was in an impossible position, but defeat was not inevitable. As such, the left in Britain must learn that you cannot compromise with such a smear campaign. It must be defeated by fighting it head on.

Corbyn’s defeat will not be enough for the right-wing and Labour’s own pro-Israel lobby. They will pile on the pressure to purge the party of anyone remotely sympathetic to the Palestinians, as demanded by the Jewish Labour Movement and Labour Friends of Israel. Neither group is entirely independent of Israel itself; a hostile foreign power appears, therefore, to be having a substantial influence on British politics. Anyone genuinely interested in preserving what little remains of Britain’s democratic integrity must surely be concerned about that.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20191216-labours-anti-semitism-crisis-will-continue-until-all-pro-palestine-members-are-silenced