You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

22 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's nothing new either. Most pro-Israel folks tend to present a degree of underlying hatred of Muslims/Arabs. 

In my experience, those most fervently pro-Israel, who often excuse all sorts of nasty shit, absolutely do fucking hate Muslims. The worst of them - mostly non-Jewish, right-wing - dehumanise them to a disgusting level. I’m not sure if that’s ‘most pro-Israel folks’ but there’s certainly a huge amount of hatred in there. 

Colour me purple. 

So the Jewish Chronicle is written by right wing Jews? 

Well.  It's taken 5 days of Tory rule for them to reveal themselves on this issue, I can only imagine how much worse this will get, and which other groups they might start to be appalled with.

Fucking assholes should be in prison for hate speech.  They won't because (a) need more prisons, (b) trial will take 2 years to get to court, (c) Michael Gove will personally intervene. 

32 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The above post makes no mention of Jewish people. 

Of course it does, since the overwhelming majority of Jews are pro-Israel. Which is hardly surprising, because they'll need somewhere safe to flee to should people like you ever take power in this country.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

they'll need somewhere safe to flee to should people like you ever take power in this country.

Donald Trump, speaking last week in Florida, to a conference of the Israeli American Council (whose primary backer is now Sheldon Adelson), said, “A lot of you are in the real-estate business, because I know you very well. You’re brutal killers. Not nice people at all. But you have to vote for me. You have no choice.” He added, “You’re not gonna to vote for Pocahontas” (his hate-name, of course, for Senator Elizabeth Warren) and “you’re not going to vote for a wealth tax.”

Um, isn't Boris good mates with an anti-Semite then? 

But that's ok because...*insert absolute fucking shit here*

Haven't you got some Arabs to hate? You're boring me now. 

If anybody has the inclination to do so, Google search "overlap Israel islamophobia." There's loads of articles and discussions which acknowledge it's a troubling issue. But, I'm an "antisemite" for mentioning it. And, yes, it's me who is the "internet troll." 

Bless. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Mate - I know a few of these guys. They all, you know, practice the religion. 

Ethnic Jew, maybe. Jew, nope.

Not a dig either, just seemingly obvious.

You don't need to follow a religion to be Jewish. At least three Prime Ministers of Israel were atheists.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Mate - I know a few of these guys. They all, you know, practice the religion. 

Ethnic Jew, maybe. Jew, nope.

Not a dig either, just seemingly obvious.

What are you on about here now?

You don't have to be religious or practice it to be Jewish.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You don't need to follow a religion to be Jewish. At least three Prime Ministers of Israel were atheists.

You don't need to follow a religion to be Israeli.

You do need to follow a religion to be Jewish. That is why they add the qualifier for athiests. Or for those following the ethnicity.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

You don't need to follow a religion to be Israeli.

You do need to follow a religion to be Jewish. That is why they add the qualifier for athiests.

No you don't. Jews can be a religion and an ethnic group (a nation) at the same time.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Of course it does, since the overwhelming majority of Jews are pro-Israel. Which is hardly surprising, because they'll need somewhere safe to flee to should people like you ever take power in this country.

Stronts, that’s absolutely hideous. 

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sure. But the ties a Polish Jew feels to an Armenian Jew or an American Jew are based in the religion right? 

Ethnically they are all embedded in their own geography.

I don't think so, I believe they share an ethnicity first. They do all share a common language if I am not mistaken.