You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

Guest Pistonbroke

Friday the 13th kicking everyone in the arse. Some shocking results from areas in England and Wales that should know better than to trust the Tory cunts. It's depressing as fuck and I won't be affected by it whatsoever, Christ knows how you good people are feeling. 

Dust yourselves down and keep the fight in your heart lads. 

45 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’m surprised that people here are laying this at the feet of the Lib Dems. They had every right to contest any single seat they wanted. It’s up to Labour to beat them and anybody else. Labour needs to look inward and sort their own house out, because this was a fucking shambles. I won’t lie, I do get a little smile from seeing Swinson lose her seat, and do so poorly in general, after all the arrogance about how well they are going to do at Labour’s expense. But the truth is this; the Tories won a smashing victory because the opposition wasn’t able to win the seats they needed. They couldn’t convince the media, the public, or many of their own voters that they were a better bet for the country than the Tories. 

You're half right, but I blame them both. Look up and down the country and if you took the Labour votes and added them to the Lib Dems Labour get more than the Tories. And vice versa. In fact if you look at the share of votes going to remain/2ref parties and the share going to Brexit at all costs parties, you're into the same territory as 2016 EU referendum split. But as with that, our shit system is just a winner takes all, whether it's 99-1 or 51-49. It's rotten and completely unrepresentative of modern politics.

The Tories have gamed the system with Brexit and won - aided and abetted by the biggest traitor since Lord Haw Haw in Farage and his Brexit Grift PLC. They know it's a two party election system and they made damn sure they were cornered the market on one side of it. The other side? Split all over the place. They knew it, know it, and as usual come together to make sure they get their power.

We've learned nothing in 100 years though, have we? I genuinely reckon vast swathes of this country would still happily climb out of a trench into raking machine gun fire because they don't like the foreigns on the other side, and because a posh officer from Eton has told them it's in all of their interests to do so. We're a servile, sneering and naive country and those Tory fucks know it.

Merry fucking Christmas.

15 minutes ago, Moo said:

Oh I'm sure, and that's my only hope really, that the Tory infighting over the break up of the Union will be their downfall.  Let's face it, record poverty, homelessness, cruelty, contempt for the working class etc has not dented them, hope has to come from another source. 

Mate, the minute that the Scots leave, we are doomed to perpetual Tory rule. Not being able to win back Scotland is what has done for Labour already. 

20 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I’m utterly dependant on our NHS, unless I quickly hop to one of the places like Berlin which I am told will honour EU citizenship during the transition period. Not really realistic atm though.

If all else fails, I’ve always wanted to play Michael Douglas in Falling Down for real in my local area and have spent decades selecting my “Who would you kill if you had 6 months left to live” targets.

NZ is the best place to look. Boss country, and the women tend to have big jugs.

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Mate, the minute that the Scots leave, we are doomed to perpetual Tory rule. Not being able to win back Scotland is what has done for Labour already. 

Agreed, been saying it since before June 2016, this is what Brexit will lead to.  Just hoping the Conservative and Unionist Party will tear themselves apart over it, got to find hope somewhere, right? 

On 11/12/2019 at 19:26, lifetime fan said:

Come on mate, that’s bullshit and you know it, the libs have fuck all chance here! 

Get within 15,000 votes of the elected MP and I’ll donate £50 to a charity of your choice. 

EF23E9D2-A1AB-4C29-B352-D1FBCE843FB6.png

I can keep my money in my pocket @Strontium Dog™ and spend it on getting pissed trying to forget the stupidity of this country. 

7EE61BC8-D407-4697-A7A4-75089AD49FF0.png

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Depressing stuff.

Tell me about it. I saw the exit poll and went straight to bed. 

Woke up this morning wanting to get pissed but have an interview this afternoon. 

I’m going to be smashed all weekend though, the gf has bird flu so I can’t even get laid. 

Roll on Saturday for the reds to take me out of this depression. 

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Oh how they laughed when Trump was elected, now this cunt.

Found out recently my parents voted Leave, my Mum is suddenly talking like a UKIP candidate. Brainwashed old twats.

Would it be awful to say yer ma's a cunt?  If so, apologies, but you can say it back to me, my siblings are too. 

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I wouldn't put much stock on perpetual Tory rule mate. Johnson himself had the cheek to say 'Thank you for lending us the votes blah blah blah.' He knows that this was only ever about gaining votes due to Brexit. The Tories will eat themselves apart over the next 5 years as they hammer the vulnerable and take apart the NHS and workers rights. They'll make a mess of the transition period which will lead to in house fighting. When nobody can blame the EU any longer the buck has to stop somewhere and it will be with the residing PM/Gov't. Will it be labour who have to pick up the mess thereafter? I have my doubts, I also doubt it will be the Lib dems. You'll probably see the birth of some new party that claims to be for the working class, trouble is they'll be every bit as right as the Tories. 

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I wouldn't put much stock on perpetual Tory rule mate. Johnson himself had the cheek to say 'Thank you for lending us the votes blah blah blah.' He knows that this was only ever about gaining votes due to Brexit. The Tories will eat themselves apart over the next 5 years as they hammer the vulnerable and take apart the NHS and workers rights. They'll make a mess of the transition period which will lead to in house fighting. When nobody can blame the EU any longer the buck has to stop somewhere and it will be with the residing PM/Gov't. Will it be labour who have to pick up the mess thereafter? I have my doubts, I also doubt it will be the Lib dems. You'll probably see the birth of some new party that claims to be for the working class, trouble is they'll be every bit as right as the Tories. 

Time to rejoin the Greens I think.  They do have an image problem though and probably should have altered their name 6-8 years ago. 

10 minutes ago, Moo said:

Would it be awful to say yer ma's a cunt?  If so, apologies, but you can say it back to me, my siblings are too. 

It’s ok mate, I hope it’s just age. She is an intelligent women, worked for a quarter of a century helping young people, asylum seekers and drug users, get her onto politics and you see a different woman. Breaks my heart.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Moo said:

Time to rejoin the Greens I think.  They do have an image problem though and probably should have altered their name 6-8 years ago. 

They are steadily growing in numbers (Especially in other countries) but will never be in a position to Govern in our lifetime. However, even if they start winning a few more seats at future elections they can make a difference and who knows where that might lead once the shit hits the fans on the true state of the Climate. 

When we crash out with no deal, which they have always wanted but did not have the courage to campaign for, they will blame the EU for being self serving cunts and not being prepared to negotiate honestly.

All the fallout will be pointed towards the EU, but we have to elect the Tories in 2024 as they are the only ones able to sort all the EU caused problems of the previous years, now the shackles are finally off.

24 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Oh how they laughed when Trump was elected, now this cunt.

Found out recently my parents voted Leave, my Mum is suddenly talking like a UKIP candidate. Brainwashed old twats.

15 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Mines the same, my ma has gone all ukip and my dad is just depressed and looks at her with pure disdain

I think the arguments I had with my parents voting leave were well documented on here at the time.  Both now regret it.  But there you are.  I'm not arsed about myself, just wanted a better future for my nieces who are the nearest thing I have to kids. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Scooby Dudek said:

When we crash out with no deal, which they have always wanted but did not have the courage to campaign for, they will blame the EU for being self serving cunts and not being prepared to negotiate honestly.

All the fallout will be pointed towards the EU, but we have to elect the Tories in 2024 as they are the only ones able to sort all the EU caused problems of the previous years, now the shackles are finally off.

That won't wash mate. They'll have had at least 2 years in power after the Transition period is over, maybe's up to 4 years if you leave without a deal. 

I think a saving grace for you could be the US Elections in 2020. Trump could be impeached before then, and if not I can't see him gaining another term. The next President may not be anti EU which would make leaving without a deal even more stupid than it is at the moment.